The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Mar 22, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #8,629 of 21,761
Quote:
Okay, so it's more a case of an OEM who doesn't owe anyone loyalty?

Not trying to be a negative nancy today. Honest.

Well actually, I would say it is a bit of both...but that's their own business...anyhow, I would not buy a Rhapsodio product as I think the whole thing smells pretty fishy.

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #8,630 of 21,761
Quote:
Isn't that a former employee of Tralucent Audio basically taking their R&D and trying to undercut them? Or am I totally off-base in my understanding?

As Mimouille said there's more to the story than meets the eye, you are on the right track though in your thinking.

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #8,631 of 21,761
Quote:
NEVER. So. Close. To. Supremus 

Don't be in such a rush, you've got your whole life ahead of you.  And once you do this, you can never go back.

Quote:
Tonight I can't seem to make up my mind between gear. I find myself going back and fourth between my M-100, K240, Q701 and 4A's.

Oh oh... I sense a new gear purchase coming soon.

Quote:
I myself just ordered one of them newfangled RE-400 thingies with those filters for the Heaven C.

beerchug.gif
Ooh, happy for you there!  While it's not paradigm shift good, I think you'll like it enough to maybe use it as your back-up IEMs instead.

Quote:
3. I'm never conducting a trade with a member with no feedback again unless I can see and touch and feel and taste their face. In that order.

Damn, my proximity pretty much rules me out then. 
frown.gif

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #8,632 of 21,761
The whole Rhapsodio/Tralucent thing is that they had a shared "master" designer of IEM products --- like an OEM, if you will. There's also another company that uses the same "core" hybrid product, called Ranko. Since the old 1Plus2 and the old RDB V1, they've all since gone their separate ways. The new 1Plus2 sounds different from the old 1Plus2 and the current RDB+ 2V1, as well as the Ranko RIE-1020, which actually shares a little more in common with the new 1Plus2, though the two are still different, especially in the bass response. The new Rhapsodio products are different from the original as well.

It's all just very confusing. I wouldn't say that Rhapsodio is "fishy" per se, it's just that I think Tralucent didn't count on them setting up a website and selling to overseas customers, instead of just being a shop inside HK. Still, I don't know what legal implications there are in this whole fray. By the way, this is all my personal conjecture, given the little bits and pieces that I do know. I never bother to have people give me the whole dish on the history of things.

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #8,633 of 21,761
I've been spending the week the week on the Heir 5.0....I don't know if anyone here has listened to these. I have a love / hate relationship. They sound wonderful, just like honey on smooth music such as this wonderful album (careful, some lovemaking involved in the video).

On the other hand, they totally lack the "immediacy" of the 1plus2. (And the Kaede from what a little bird told me). Still the sound is growing on me. By the way, MuppetFace, are you not suppose to get some 1plus2s soon ?

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #8,634 of 21,761
Quote:
The whole Rhapsodio/Tralucent thing is that they had a shared "master" designer of IEM products --- like an OEM, if you will. There's also another company that uses the same "core" hybrid product, called Ranko. Since the old 1Plus2 and the old RDB V1, they've all since gone their separate ways. The new 1Plus2 sounds different from the old 1Plus2 and the current RDB+ 2V1, as well as the Ranko RIE-1020, which actually shares a little more in common with the new 1Plus2, though the two are still different, especially in the bass response. The new Rhapsodio products are different from the original as well.

It's all just very confusing. I wouldn't say that Rhapsodio is "fishy" per se, it's just that I think Tralucent didn't count on them setting up a website and selling to overseas customers, instead of just being a shop inside HK. Still, I don't know what legal implications there are in this whole fray. By the way, this is all my personal conjecture, given the little bits and pieces that I do know. I never bother to have people give me the whole dish on the history of things.

Damn I did not know these Ranko guys ! Their is also just like the T1 !

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #8,636 of 21,761
Quote:
beerchug.gif
Ooh, happy for you there!  While it's not paradigm shift good, I think you'll like it enough to maybe use it as your back-up IEMs instead.

Damn, my proximity pretty much rules me out then. 
frown.gif

Yeah I'm looking forward to the RE-400. Started my head-fi journey with the staples, the RE-0 and M50. Never been disappointed (except when my RE0's fell apart in my fingers).

Anyway, you have feedback! No tasting for you.

Quote:

I think that the whole smorgasboard of TWFK IEMs out there demonstrates that there's a big market for everything under the sun.

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #8,637 of 21,761
Quote:
  I think that the whole smorgasboard of TWFK IEMs out there demonstrates that there's a big market for everything under the sun.

The TWFK is the star child of Knowles; KA pushes the TWFK onto manufacturers all the time, even when it isn't necessary. Main reason: (1) high single unit cost, (2) higher volumes = lower cost (3) weird case of "brand recognition", even the average audiophile has heard of the term "TWFK", though there really shouldn't be any reason to (4) its specs are very marketable.

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #8,638 of 21,761
Quote:
 even the average audiophile has heard of the term "TWFK",

I feel that should be 'average Head-fi member who hangs out in the portable audio section' lol.

Unrelated, but I'm surprised at how my AD900X is just not selling. It's kind of irritating.

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #8,639 of 21,761
Quote:
careful, some lovemaking involved in the video

Lol, some?  Was there anything other than that in the video?

Quote:

Yeah I'm looking forward to the RE-400. Started my head-fi journey with the staples, the RE-0 and M50. Never been disappointed (except when my RE0's fell apart in my fingers).

Anyway, you have feedback! No tasting for you.

Looking forward to the RE-400 video!  I heard it under less than optimal conditions (un-amped, incorrect tip size, and over the din of the crowd at CES).  Wondering if I should give it another go.

Yes, but I only have two feedback comments.  Maybe just a sniff then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back