The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Dec 15, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #3,662 of 21,761
Quote:
What is this thread about exactly...?

Somebody pretended to say something and then head-fi said, "ew, a GIRL!" so a girl said, "I'll show you!"

Quote:
Especially Starbucks ones...I have like 15+....

I think of Starbucks' mugs in the way I think of Microsoft's keyboards and mice: An indication that their core strengths are not their software.

Quote:
Don't start a sentence with "And".

I have been listening to Beirut a great deal lately, and this is a lyrical tic of his that is very distracting once you notice it. About a third of his songs begin with, "And..."

Quote:

This has been the only true and accurate answer: It's whale ball season, and we are all rooting for our March Madness Cetacean Tournament favorites.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #3,663 of 21,761
Quote:
Looking on the HFI website, I came across this:

http://www.hfi.jp/?pid=25454258

Rooth 5eb X5. I'm wondering what the difference is between this and the hybrid LS-X5...

Google translate reveals such gems as:

"I would want to be described as going from a girl to become a woman?"

I think it was the predecessor to the LS-X5; they started working on making the S.Fi 5EB into a five-driver model first, and I guess they decided it was easier just to make it from the ground up. The option is still available for those who have a 5EB and want to transform from a girl to a true woman.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #3,664 of 21,761
-shrug- I was hoping one of you guys could explain. I'm not being sarcastic, I don't really understand the science.

I suppose the answer is some kind of essay, and none of us really understand the entire science, no one around here at least.  However... you can at least try to break it all down...

- volume
- power
- THD
- noise
- IMD
- square-wave response / delivery
- sine-wave response / delivery
- stereo seperation
- speed / slew-rate

et cetera.

So, even if they all have the same volume and same flat FR, they still differ [i.e. they are technically capable to differ] in transparency and tone.

No amplifier is truly transparent, at least, this has never been proven, so there is quite a burden of evidence missing there.

If you really want to, you can switch the above to "they are all transparent, until proven non-transparent", which is comically familiar to --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence

Copy-pasting... Ei incumbit probatio, qui dicit, non qui negat; cum per rerum naturam factum negantis probatio nulla sit—"The proof lies upon him who affirms, not upon him who denies; since, by the nature of things, he who denies a fact cannot produce any proof."[size=x-small][[/size]

So is the affirmation all amplifiers to spec sound the same, or is the affirmation they sound different?  It's both.  So when the affirmation is they sound the same, the burden of proof is upon him who affirms, since, by the nature of things, he who denies the fact all amplifiers sound the same can not produce any proof!!!

So the conclusion is both sides have a burden of evidence, if you want to look at amplifiers like roman law!

Hence, where is the proof?  a.k.a... "show me the moneyyyy".

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #3,666 of 21,761
Quote:

And tea cups....I prefer coffee mugs :D

You're British and you prefer coffee over tea?!?!?!?! That's so unenglish.
Welcome to the thread, if I'm not mistaken you're also a photography enthusiast who liked to post her snap shots in the post your pics thread. Look forward to more cool pics.

@jgray91

Sorry for being late to the party but better late then never
Happy Birthday Dude And many More

In other news, 
  1.   I sold my Audio Technica clip ons last night.
  2.   That guy who wasted my time inquiring about my DT1350's is back throwing another dumb low ball offer at me
  3.   My JVC FXT90 may also be sold soon
  4.   For whatever reason nobody seems to care about my Ortofon e-Q7's which is rather surprising
  5.   I'm currently only 5 days and counting away until I get ear impressions done for my 4A's
  6.  I'm still as lost as ever concerning what kind of home rig I should invest in
  7.  Last week I traded in an old friend, my 160 GB iPod Classic, for a new 160 GB iPod Classic
  1.  For whatever reason I'm seriously pining to buy the Portaphile627, RX MKIII-B, TTVJ Glacier, and the Triad L3.
  2.  Still can't make up my mind between the old CLAS the new CLAS db or the VentureCraft DD Socket 1 to pair with all my crazy mobile amps
  3.  I think I'm going to go crazy op amp rolling on my UHA-6A MKII aka Eva
  4.  I need a break from this hobby before I completely lose it and become neurotic

So what's news with everyone else?

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #3,668 of 21,761
Now I sort of wish I wasn't a regular on this thread because then I could believe that this thread is just one person. I love crazy conspiracy theories like "what's the point of this thread? They don't talk about anything. It must be all one person, crazily sitting in their room perpetuating the thread with various different accounts." Of course this could be still true and I'm just an idiotic bystander contributing to a thread that is essentially a conversation between me and Romy's various personalities.

Or maybe I'm just another personality and I'm writing this post to trick skeptics o.0

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #3,669 of 21,761
Quote:
Now I sort of wish I wasn't a regular on this thread because then I could believe that this thread is just one person. I love crazy conspiracy theories like "what's the point of this thread? They don't talk about anything. It must be all one person, crazily sitting in their room perpetuating the thread with various different accounts." Of course this could be still true and I'm just an idiotic bystander contributing to a thread that is essentially a conversation between me and Romy's various personalities.
Or maybe I'm just another personality and I'm writing this post to trick skeptics o.0

My invisible friend approves of your post

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #3,671 of 21,761
Quote:
  1.  Last week I traded in an old friend, my 160 GB iPod Classic, for a new 160 GB iPod Classic

I don't get it. 
confused.gif

Dec 16, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #3,672 of 21,761
Quote:

I don't get it. 
confused.gif

I've had my iPod Classic forever and carried it around everywhere I went. Having it's HD begin to fail and having to trade it in was like losing an old friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back