The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Dec 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #3,631 of 21,761
Dec 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #3,632 of 21,761
Quote:

I don't have an artist's account but it should be somewhere in here: http://blog.bandcamp.com/2009/01/19/on-the-expansion-of-creativity-in-the-commons/ Creative commons with attribution non-commercial would probably make most sense, because if it turns out that it gets big enough that its picked up for some commercial project she can get royalties.

I want to get it, I just don't want to feel guilty about using it in some project because that's what I quite sorely want to do. It also means she will get exposure to people searching specifically for creative commons licensed music, and if she tags the music in the right way she'll get some hits.

Edit: Btw, I cannot seem to find the original link you had posted to the music -___-

http://lananda.bandcamp.com

She just finished the Creative Commons right as I got the link set up again. Enjoy.
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #3,636 of 21,761

Someone posted the internals here at head-fi:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/608091/new-amp-from-orb-audio-jp-jade-to-go#post_8350514

Though it doesn't look particularly like "poor build quality" to me. Then again I don't really know what I'm talking about. Really I'm just curious as to the whole "opamp as a buffer = bad" thing.

It took me some time to get my head around that.  I think they mean it's using a 'normal' op-amp as a buffer, instead of an op-amp which is a dedicated buffer.  The difference is a dedicated buffer usually has high mA output like 500mA, and a normal op-amp let's say 15mA.  However, buffer chips are not sonically transparent (IME), and they will take up more battery life, so using a 'normal' op-amp makes sense from that perspective.

Also, I believe that you don't need as much current for sensitive IEM applications, rather than syrupy, inert headphone drivers, but for some reason people think I have this reversed, due to some electrical laws that indicate low ohm = high current, and high ohm = low current, What.

Edit:  I can't find the comment / forum on the Jade you're referencing.

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #3,637 of 21,761
Dec 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #3,638 of 21,761
Happy Birthday jgray91! Many happy returns of the day.

[COLOR=CC6600]H [/COLOR][COLOR=CC6633]A [/COLOR][COLOR=CC6666]P [/COLOR][COLOR=CC6699]P [/COLOR][COLOR=CC66CC]Y[/COLOR] [COLOR=CC99FF]B O [/COLOR][COLOR=CC66CC]I [/COLOR][COLOR=CC6699]F [/COLOR][COLOR=CC6666]D [/COLOR][COLOR=CC6633]A [/COLOR][COLOR=CC6600]Y[/COLOR]

[COLOR=669999]j[/COLOR] [COLOR=6699CC]g[/COLOR][COLOR=6699FF]r[/COLOR] [COLOR=6699CC]a[/COLOR][COLOR=669999]y[/COLOR]​

It's your day today, JGray! Hooray!

Again, thank you all for the wishes! :D

Someone posted the internals here at head-fi:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/608091/new-amp-from-orb-audio-jp-jade-to-go#post_8350514

Though it doesn't look particularly like "poor build quality" to me. Then again I don't really know what I'm talking about. Really I'm just curious as to the whole "opamp as a buffer = bad" thing.

It took me some time to get my head around that.  I think they mean it's using a 'normal' op-amp as a buffer, instead of an op-amp which is a dedicated buffer.  The difference is a dedicated buffer usually has high mA output like 500mA, and a normal op-amp let's say 15mA.  However, buffer chips are not sonically transparent (IME), and they will take up more battery life, so using a 'normal' op-amp makes sense from that perspective.

Also, I believe that you don't need as much current for sensitive IEM applications, rather than syrupy, inert headphone drivers, but for some reason people think I have this reversed, due to some electrical laws that indicate low ohm = high current, and high ohm = low current, What.

Edit:  I can't find the comment / forum on the Jade you're referencing.

I would assume that people are using Ohm's Law on that? That's my first train of thought stopped at. But other than that I have absolutely zero understanding.

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #3,640 of 21,761
Looking on the HFI website, I came across this:

http://www.hfi.jp/?pid=25454258

Rooth 5eb X5. I'm wondering what the difference is between this and the hybrid LS-X5...

Google translate reveals such gems as:

"I would want to be described as going from a girl to become a woman?"

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #3,641 of 21,761
Magni/Modis are being received by some people. Let the comparisons begin. "Sounds slightly more musical, yet accurate. Bass is powerful, but not boomy. I would call it bass-emphasized. The trebles are amazingly detailed. It is like a whole new headphone. Don't forget about the mids though."

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #3,642 of 21,761
Forgive me if I'm interpreting this wrong, but I'm not really sure why a purely flat frequency response amp would change the way the headphones sound aside from volume/power?

Then why does the O2 sound much better than a Fiio E6?

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #3,643 of 21,761
Dec 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #3,645 of 21,761
Quote:
Forgive me if I'm interpreting this wrong, but I'm not really sure why a purely flat frequency response amp would change the way the headphones sound aside from volume/power?

Quote:
Then why does the O2 sound much better than a Fiio E6?

Not having heard either, there can be plenty of reasons why one's better than another; without considering each in context with the others, the reasons can sound contradictory.

There's no such thing as an amplifier with flat frequency response in real-world applications. Almost all earphones/headphones/speakers are reactive loads, meaning the amp has a device with wildly different efficiency and impedance characteristics and current demands at different frequencies and volume levels, meaning that its own behavior varies at frequencies and volumes. If you have a non-perfect amp whose own irregularities complement those of the speaker it is driving, the result can be more complementary than a clinically flat amplifier driving that speaker.

Like kiteki points out, too, flatly believing that all low Z transducers require more current is fallacious. Simply considered: If the earphone is highly efficient, it not only has a lower input impedance, it's more efficient in absolute terms; it needs less everything to sustain a given volume.

A perfect amp whose designer petulantly declares that no headphone is worthy of it? It is a useless amp. I will instead buy an amp that work with my headphones.

Quote:
Have you seen this company Romy?  They have some new IEM's since last time I checked[...]

AE has a less than stellar rep for customer support, apparently. I only know things second-hand, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back