The Audio Lounge
Apr 16, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #35,926 of 36,039
4 years ago I got a message from Mary that Covid had taken our wonderful Hungry Panda. Play something special in Tom's honor! And never forget.
Thank you for never forgetting.

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #35,928 of 36,039
You guys are going to think I'm a big boob.....I cry every time this is mentioned. Not trying to say I don't want to hear it, just soft hated about this.
I struggle daily. I can't believe it has been 4 years. It's still like yesteday to me and I have never really escaped lockdown. I miss him horribly and i miss the person I was with him. Some people tell me he would want me to be happy, probably so...but he would understand completely why i am not.

I have been trying to dig my way out of the hoard. He definitely had a compulsive buying problem. Not just audio gear... for example i gave away around 300 shirts, at least 70 pairs of shoes etc. I hate it. It feels like i am erasing him.

Soon i plan to ask you guys for some specific advice. Meanwhile his list and mine are still available .... searching for inactive members is a little different but you can click on this and navigate to the About tab. @HungryPanda

Actually... this would do it...
https://www.head-fi.org/members/hungrypanda.383979/#about

Most is still here...

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #35,929 of 36,039
In of Tom I've always thought this apropos as he always seemed to have a very kind heart, R.I.P. Hungry Panda:angel:

This song is emotional for me for another reason. Some of you know that i have grown children from my first marriage. In 2010 my younger son lost his battle with depression. Tom was my rock and with Tom gone my struggles with this have multiplied. The song Angel is the one I have dedicated to Neil all these years. Sarah wrote it about a musician friend that she lost to an overdose. The lyrics reflect the similar struggles that Neil faced with his depression. Also i know he was a fan. He shared my love of music, computers and other tech.

Because Tom and i met through music and it was such a big part of our life i guess every good song makes me think of him. BtW... with both of us it was always about the music and we both mainly listened to full albums,

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 3:47 AM Post #35,930 of 36,039
Actually... this would do it...
https://www.head-fi.org/members/hungrypanda.383979/#about

Most is still here...
We all sure miss Tom, we all had some great banter with him over the years!

This incident sticks in my mind, where Tom seemed to think that he was a bull in a China Shop.

Also worth reading the posts below the link, including the next page, where Tom and yourself (Mary) discuss some recent purchases by Tom.

Here @majo reacts to a comment made by Tom, and of course I interject with a few too many gifs!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-audio-lounge.855661/page-1294#post-15091609

P.S. and please don't mention Brexit! :ksc75smile:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-audio-lounge.855661/page-1502#post-15505007

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #35,931 of 36,039
We all sure miss Tom, we all had some great banter with him over the years!

This incident sticks in my mind, where Tom seemed to think that he was a bull in a China Shop.

Also worth reading the posts below the link, including the next page, where Tom and yourself (Mary) discuss some recent purchases by Tom.

Here @majo reacts to a comment made by Tom, and of course I interject with a few too many gifs!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-audio-lounge.855661/page-1294#post-15091609

P.S. and please don't mention Brexit! :ksc75smile:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-audio-lounge.855661/page-1502#post-15505007
Wow, talk about re-living the past! Trinity (Bob) still taking a beating but my Aten's still get it. Panda was spot on with his Bullocks about bass light comment and I'm sure it was a seal issue :thinking:

Apr 17, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #35,932 of 36,039
Wow, talk about re-living the past! Trinity (Bob) still taking a beating but my Aten's still get it. Panda was spot on with his Bullocks about bass light comment and I'm sure it was a seal issue :thinking:

Bob is still doing dumb :poop: after all this time, but man can that dude design/tune IEMs, lol.

Apr 17, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #35,933 of 36,039
Bob is still doing dumb :poop: after all this time, but man can that dude design/tune IEMs, lol.
Agreed, he always over extends on promises and you are correct on his iem prowess :wink:

As far as the current Wow I guess it's........................................

Apr 17, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #35,935 of 36,039
I was seeing $5000 + on Musicteck's site. IEMs are crazy expensive now. Even more expensive than headphones.
Indeed and I just can't see the ROI in anything over $500 and that's a stretch, same goes for $5K plus DAP's, Cables for iem's over $150 really, but this hobby has always had the gouging side :smirk:

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #35,936 of 36,039
Here are my selections for the current WOW... hopefully in the nick of time

WOW - High

Great live performance from Joe Bonamassa
Tom and I have been to the Royal Albert Hall. That show was Ray LaMontagna with Josh Ritter opening. but here is Joe...

The Tragically Hip - Blow at High Dough - Live at the Roxy 1991

When I first saw the word last week I listened to a few things and stumbled upon this.... an indie band from Scotland . I need to find out more. Love the title...

High Hopes and Low expectations by Echo Arcadia

Bonus:
something Tom might have posted.... he was a fan back in the day...
Patti Smith - High on Rebellion

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #35,937 of 36,039
WOW: All

Nirvana:

Bryan Ferry:

The Killers:

Radiohead

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #35,939 of 36,039
Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #35,940 of 36,039
An obvious classic that I have not heard in quite a while: Free - 'All Right Now' (Doing Their Thing, 1970) Official Live Video

and a deluxe version released in 2008

Gaither Vocal Band - You Are My All in All With Canon in D [Live]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back