The Astell & Kern AK240
Oct 23, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #5,671 of 9,131
Guys I want to ask you something,when I erase(format) my micro sd card with AK240,what format A&K does ? ExFAT or FAT32 ? 

Oct 23, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #5,672 of 9,131
  Guys I want to ask you something,when I erase(format) my micro sd card with AK240,what format A&K does ? ExFAT or FAT32 ? 

It can read both formats. 

Oct 24, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #5,674 of 9,131

It can read both formats. 

Yes,I know but when I erase the card with player.I mean I formatted card in settings.But I don't know,which format it is now.

What format A&K does ?

Oct 24, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #5,675 of 9,131
All my iems. SE5, NT6, Roxannes, Ref1, Kaede. Mostly SE

Hmm.You have many iems.

Sometimes I get much bass from player.Sometimes I get great performance,sometimes not.

How is the performance with SE5 ? Maybe I will get custom after IE800.And I need to know other iems's performance with 240 ?

Oct 24, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #5,676 of 9,131
Yes,I know but when I erase the card with player.I mean I formatted card in settings.But I don't know,which format it is now.

What format A&K does ?

I would assume exFAT. But you can check by using Disk Utitlities or Finder which will tell you such information. That is under Mac. Can't quite remember if Windows has the same functions. :)

Oct 24, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #5,677 of 9,131
I would assume exFAT. But you can check by using Disk Utitlities or Finder which will tell you such information. That is under Mac. Can't quite remember if Windows has the same functions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Unfortunately I can't see the properties of micro sd cart when I connected with my laptop(windows).

When I first connected,it said : ''drive update couldn't be succesful''. I mean it didn't find the driver.

By the way,is it normal ? Or how can I install the driver ?

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #5,678 of 9,131
Unfortunately I can't see the properties of micro sd cart when I connected with my laptop(windows).

When I first connected,it said : ''drive update couldn't be succesful''. I mean it didn't find the driver.

Sorry man. Can't help you with Windows... Perhaps someone else knows the answers?

Oct 24, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #5,680 of 9,131

Are you connected through the 240? If so, see if you have a SD card converter and plug it in to read the micro card directly. I don't have the 240, but all the other AK's I've used you can read the card while it's in the player and attached to computer. Do you have options on the AK when you plug it into the computer? if so, select it as media storage or external hard drive storage (something along those lines was on my old ak120). I'd imagine it's the same as the newer models though, which would set it as a media device. One last thing, I'm not sure if it matters, but do you have the "dac" button turned on, on the AK itself? Not sure if it matters, but if yes, I'd suggest turning it off. We're you able to read card prior to formatting it?
Lastly, what version of Windows, 8? Maybe compatibility issue? Sorry I can't be more help, but these would be issues that I'd imagine could arise.

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #5,681 of 9,131
Are you connected through the 240? If so, see if you have a SD card converter and plug it in to read the micro card directly. I don't have the 240, but all the other AK's I've used you can read the card while it's in the player and attached to computer. Do you have options on the AK when you plug it into the computer? if so, select it as media storage or external hard drive storage (something along those lines was on my old ak120). I'd imagine it's the same as the newer models though, which would set it as a media device. One last thing, I'm not sure if it matters, but do you have the "dac" button turned on, on the AK itself? Not sure if it matters, but if yes, I'd suggest turning it off. We're you able to read card prior to formatting it?
Lastly, what version of Windows, 8? Maybe compatibility issue? Sorry I can't be more help, but these would be issues that I'd imagine could arise.

Yes,it was in player when I connected.And I have Windows 7.But I think it doesn't matter.

I think,when I connected first,it(pc) didn't find a driver for it.And that's the reason,why I can't see the properties,I guess.

How can I erase the driver history,I mean can I make it like never connected before ?

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #5,683 of 9,131
Sounds like a driver issue. I'm not sure if AK has drivers on their website...Wish I could be of more help.

Thanks.It is not problem actually but sometimes I need it.

For exapmle:I don't see the connection in here.

It doesn't ask me.I plug and unplug without this option.

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #5,684 of 9,131
Hmm.You have many iems.

Sometimes I get much bass from player.Sometimes I get great performance,sometimes not.

How is the performance with SE5 ? Maybe I will get custom after IE800.And I need to know other iems's performance with 240 ?
SE5 with RWAK240 is my go to rig. Ver balanced sound. SE5 can be even better with more power, like with the 901, but you lose a bit in clarity. DX100 migbt have been the ideal mix.

The NT6 does not work well with RWAK240...too bright and thin. It is perfect with the 901. The Ref1 is perfect with RWAK240, the Kaede works with both AK and 901, the Roxanne with RWAK240, a bit too muffled with 901.

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #5,685 of 9,131
SE5 with RWAK240 is my go to rig. Ver balanced sound. SE5 can be even better with more power, like with the 901, but you lose a bit in clarity. DX100 migbt have been the ideal mix.

The NT6 does not work well with RWAK240...too bright and thin. It is perfect with the 901. The Ref1 is perfect with RWAK240, the Kaede works with both AK and 901, the Roxanne with RWAK240, a bit too muffled with 901.

Thanks for your answers.Do you mean them for balanced or unbalanced output ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back