The Astell & Kern AK240
Apr 29, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #9,121 of 9,131
Hi. Be interested to know roughly how long you get after a full charge. I've changed batteries several times using several different batteries but still only get 3.5/4 hours out of them.🥺

I'd like to know how long the replacement battery lasts, too?
So far I've gotten 6 hours from a full charge and still have 35% battery left. So at the current rate I'll get 8-9 hours from the new battery. I should add that I'm listening to FLAC and not hi-res files, which of course would use more power.

Last edited:
May 23, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #9,122 of 9,131
Help! Please! I’ve just splashed out on a USB A to micro B OTG cable to connect my iPhone (via CCK with power) to my AK240. The latter recognised the connection and sample rate (see photo) but there’s no sound at all! It’s working perfectly otherwise. Any thoughts or suggestions please? I’ve tried balanced and unbalanced and both are silent in DAC mode!

Attachments

• 36E287D0-E27F-4700-8DBD-A75AB179A425.jpeg
    36E287D0-E27F-4700-8DBD-A75AB179A425.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #9,123 of 9,131
Help! Please! I’ve just splashed out on a USB A to micro B OTG cable to connect my iPhone (via CCK with power) to my AK240. The latter recognised the connection and sample rate (see photo) but there’s no sound at all! It’s working perfectly otherwise. Any thoughts or suggestions please? I’ve tried balanced and unbalanced and both are silent in DAC mode!
I have the same issue with my MacBook Pro. If I do get sound, it is heavily distorted.
I'm pretty sure it's due to the AK240 being 8 years old technology and the iOS/MacOS not being compatible.
I have good luck using UPNP/DLNA streaming to the AK240.

Aug 3, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #9,125 of 9,131
I have the same issue with my MacBook Pro. If I do get sound, it is heavily distorted.
I'm pretty sure it's due to the AK240 being 8 years old technology and the iOS/MacOS not being compatible.
I have good luck using UPNP/DLNA streaming to the AK240.
I got an iPad Pro 2021 11” and I’m now able to use the AK240 with that via the Apple USB C to A adapter so that’s progress! Got a new iPhone 13 Pro Max but it won’t work with that. Still, I’m happy to have the AK240 working with the iPad. So it’s clearly not just that it’s 8 year old technology. There’s another factor but I don’t have the technical knowledge to guess what it is. Best of luck finding a solution.

Aug 3, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #9,126 of 9,131
I got an iPad Pro 2021 11” and I’m now able to use the AK240 with that via the Apple USB C to A adapter so that’s progress! Got a new iPhone 13 Pro Max but it won’t work with that. Still, I’m happy to have the AK240 working with the iPad. So it’s clearly not just that it’s 8 year old technology. There’s another factor but I don’t have the technical knowledge to guess what it is. Best of luck finding a solution.
Thanks

I did find a solution. I bought an iBasso DX320 with nutube amp module. :gs1000smile:

I relegated the ak240 to upnp duties. It’s probably an android OS issue as well.

May 2, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #9,127 of 9,131
Not sure if this is right place, but I was looking for suggestions for a new DAP to replace my AK240. It is old enough that I don't know where it would fit, soundwise, versus the current A&Ks or other brands. I think it was TOTL when it came out, but I bought it used a few years later. I'm not sure where to start.

I mostly use it at my desk at work and on planes.

Let me know if you think this should be a new thread or somewhere else.

Thanks!

May 3, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #9,128 of 9,131
Not sure if this is right place, but I was looking for suggestions for a new DAP to replace my AK240. It is old enough that I don't know where it would fit, soundwise, versus the current A&Ks or other brands. I think it was TOTL when it came out, but I bought it used a few years later. I'm not sure where to start.

I mostly use it at my desk at work and on planes.

Let me know if you think this should be a new thread or somewhere else.

Thanks!
:popcorn::L3000:

Sep 25, 2023 at 2:13 AM Post #9,129 of 9,131
I just purchased a used ak240 and it has flac music files. Is there a way to access these music files and copy them to a PC for backup?

Thanks in advance from a newbie AK owner.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #9,130 of 9,131
Just plug a USB cord between your AK240 and PC. PC will then show folders on your AK, one of them being your music files. You can then copy what you want off the AK and put on your PC.

Piece of cake. Could not be easier.

It is what I do to put a copy of all my AK music files on a USB stick. My vehicle's music system plays the FLAC files off the USB stick.

I hope mine lasts for many more years. I have really enjoyed it.

First rate piece of gear.

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #9,131 of 9,131
Just plug a USB cord between your AK240 and PC. PC will then show folders on your AK, one of them being your music files. You can then copy what you want off the AK and put on your PC.

Piece of cake. Could not be easier.

It is what I do to put a copy of all my AK music files on a USB stick. My vehicle's music system plays the FLAC files off the USB stick.

I hope mine lasts for many more years. I have really enjoyed it.

First rate piece of gear.
Seems easy enough then. Thank you kindly KeithK, very much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back