The Astell & Kern AK240
Oct 26, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #5,704 of 9,131
Just on the off-chance that anyone doesn't already know this... you can avoid the file transfer inconveniences with a Mac by copying directly to/from the SD card (through an SD card reader, like the one built into many Macs). You can then drag/drop/create folders/rename files etc.directly from the Finder. 

Oct 27, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #5,706 of 9,131
I'm really struggling here. I love my ak120ii, but I'm really tempted to say screw it and just get the 240. I can still return my 120ii... My reasons for not getting it may sound lame, but I don't really like the shape of it. I find the 120ii and 100ii to look better.

I have no need for all of that storage and doubt I will in the near future. Nor do I use DSD.

But... It's kind of pulling at me for some strange reason... oh, and lastly, my ears suck. I don't hear any difference between the 100ii and 120ii. Waste of money?

Oct 27, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #5,707 of 9,131
I'm really struggling here. I love my ak120ii, but I'm really tempted to say screw it and just get the 240. I can still return my 120ii... My reasons for not getting it may sound lame, but I don't really like the shape of it. I find the 120ii and 100ii to look better.

I have no need for all of that storage and doubt I will in the near future. Nor do I use DSD.

But... It's kind of pulling at me for some strange reason... oh, and lastly, my ears suck. I don't hear any difference between the 100ii and 120ii. Waste of money?

If you can't hear any difference between AK100II and AK120II, plus you like the design of AK120II so much, personally I don't see any reason why you should switch to AK240.

Oct 27, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #5,709 of 9,131

if your ears "suck" as such, perhaps you pucker too much when you are in listening mode. It sets up phase anomolies in your cranial cavity. All kidding aside, each person has hearing that is as unique as the phones we listen to and I wouldn't make such pronouncements so easily, esp. in your case, obviously out of anger or self-loathing. Will yourself into the state of Thanksgiving, you turkey and be thankful that you are free to enjoy such great listening devices.

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #5,712 of 9,131

To stick with your 120ii is the best bet as it has all the virtue of the 240ii with best looking.  The money you've saved can get a lot more albums

Oct 27, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #5,713 of 9,131

Hey warrior1975! I agree with you: if you have no use for DSD or the storage space, then there is no reason to get the 240. I can honestly tell you that for me I do use the native DSD playback. 

As flymetothemoon points out, the difference saved could be used elsewhere. Like maybe another balanced cable...? 
atsmile.gif

Oct 27, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #5,715 of 9,131
Ok, thanks guys. I do feel better, but I may have that "itch" in the future... My balanced cable will be here this week!!!!

Ooh! Exciting stuff! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back