T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jun 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #1,441 of 2,595

They came in today.  The graph about is a graphical representation of the use of cables on the T-Peos H-200.  People have stated hearing differences.  I didn't hear any, neither did my microphone unfortunately.  Both left and right plots are shown, lighter plots are the black cable, darker plots are the red cable.  Differences are extremely minor if any. 

Impressions so far are positive overall so far.  Remind me a lot of the SuperDarts with more controlled bass (something that turned me off from them in the first place).  There is a hint of sibilance in vocals.  Detailing is a aggressive, similar to detailing stylings of an Ety, and clarity is very strong as are vocals.  Midrange is done beautifully except for that slight sibilance.  The dip you see around the 6 kHz isn't as audible as it seems partially due to the resonance at the 4 kHz making up for some of the instrumentals (lower treble) while the 10 kHz makes up a bit for the upper treble.  The formation does lead to more of a metallic sound though that can be a bit sibilant as well (on certain recordings).  That said, the dip is masked quite a bit overall.  That's about all for now. 

I am using the translucent grey tips right now.  I do hear differences between the tips, that's inevitable really.  I'll graph them when I have more time...  For now, it's time to eat. 

EDIT: last note, grey tips were used throughout for measurement.  Smalls were the size that was used (they are the size I use personally). 

EDIT 2: no problems with comfort or fit for me.  I can wear these over the ear fine and the form factor has no problems with me.  The elliptical protrusion on the buds help keep them stable if used properly.  Driver flex, however, does show itself.  It's stronger in my right ear (IEMs tend to seal better with that ear for me for some reason).  So release air pressure as you insert them and you shouldn't have problems. 

EDIT 3: the graph T-Peos has is accurate assuming you are using GoldenEars' compensation.  It highly resembles my graph (same dips and everything).  Since GoldenEars requires a boost in the bass, and mine compensation doesn't, that would be the reasoning for the bass boost. 

EDIT 4: before anyone asks, my measuring system has an early roll off in the bass.  I've created a compensation for it, using Rin's past graphs as a reference (as well as Tyll's), in the colored graphs.  Then use the standard DF compensation. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #1,442 of 2,595
Nice job, Tiny.  You laid out the "upper mid-through-treble" tuning perfectly.  That's, by and large, just like I hear them.

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #1,443 of 2,595

*nice analyzations on H-200*

Nice job! I see your data say about the same as Rin's do. Although he never did any in-depth analyzations, he once measured and posted them on a Korean forum, Seeko: http://www.seeko.co.kr/zboard4/zboard.php?id=cool_review&no=340

About the manufacturer's plot, yeah, I'm sure if you subtly apply some kind of compensation methods and smooth it to the oblivion, I'm sure it will comply to the data of yours (and Rin's). Haha.

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #1,444 of 2,595
Quote:
Nice job! I see your data say about the same as Rin's do. Although he never did any in-depth analyzations, he once measured and posted them on a Korean forum, Seeko: http://www.seeko.co.kr/zboard4/zboard.php?id=cool_review&no=340

About the manufacturer's plot, yeah, I'm sure if you subtly apply some kind of compensation methods and smooth it to the oblivion, I'm sure it will comply to the data of yours (and Rin's). Haha.

I wasn't talking about smoothing, I was talking about compensation curves.  T-Peos does smooth a bit more than most of us, but the graph's still accurate.  They use GoldenEars' compensation curve (it has boosted sub-bass, and a resonance peak at 3 kHz). 

The Seeko graph is Rin's?  I thought it was his friends.  Someone sent Rin an H-200 to measure if I'm not mistaken.  But yes, the graph has been confirmed still. 

Quote:
Nice job, Tiny.  You laid out the "upper mid-through-treble" tuning perfectly.  That's, by and large, just like I hear them.

Glad to see my subjective impressions confirmed. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #1,445 of 2,595
Rin didn't measure them, he just organized the data, thus no in depth wasn't made. I wonder how much these change via a shallow insertion

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #1,446 of 2,595
I wasn't talking about smoothing, I was talking about compensation curves.  T-Peos does smooth a bit more than most of us, but the graph's still accurate.  They use GoldenEars' compensation curve (it has boosted sub-bass, and a resonance peak at 3 kHz). 

The Seeko graph is Rin's?  I thought it was his friends.  Someone sent Rin an H-200 to measure if I'm not mistaken.  But yes, the graph has been confirmed still. 

Welp, I was poking at that 6k crevice, as there were several discussion about the difference in between manufacture's plot and Rin's in Korean forums. Also I would too say that you're quite right about the manufacture's plot is more similar to GE's target curve than conventional DF curve, as we all can see from sub-bass difference like you said.

From what I heard, those measurements are Rin's. You can see his nickname that he uses on Korean forums, 山米舛.

Rin didn't measure them, he just organized the data, thus no in depth wasn't made. I wonder how much these change via a shallow insertion

EDIT: Oh, well, I never knew that. I just thought automatically it was him as there was his nickname above the graphs. Thanks for the info anyway.

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #1,447 of 2,595
Quote:

I'm using the small tips, to measure.  I can't seem to get a proper seal from 6mm away.  Note that I use the rubber "line" on the tip as the reference plane, so the tip doesn't go all the way in by default.  Shallower insertion seems to make the 10kHz spike much larger.  Haven't tested subjectively though. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #1,448 of 2,595
Quote:
Welp, I was poking at that 6k crevice, as there were several discussion about the difference in between manufacture's plot and Rin's in Korean forums. Also I would too say that you're quite right about the manufacture's plot is more similar to GE's target curve than conventional DF curve, as we all can see from sub-bass difference like you said.

From what I heard, those measurements are Rin's. You can see his nickname that he uses on Korean forums, 山米舛.
EDIT: Oh, well, I never knew that. I just thought automatically it was him as there was his nickname above the graphs. Thanks for the info anyway.

The manufacturer's plot is GE's target curve, they stated with the H-100 that they used that as reference.  The dip at the 6kHz causes a bit of sibilance and metallic sounding treble...  That's the main thing that it creates. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #1,449 of 2,595
The manufacturer's plot is GE's target curve, they stated with the H-100 that they used that as reference.  The dip at the 6kHz causes a bit of sibilance and metallic sounding treble...  That's the main thing that it creates. 

Hmm, I do know that the H-100 was basically a collaboration between T-PEOS and GE, but I thought T-PEOS was no longer with GE after those massive criticisms they received with H-100.

Anyway, since when did people cared about manufacturer's claims? Hehe.

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #1,450 of 2,595
Quote:
Hmm, I do know that the H-100 was basically a collaboration between T-PEOS and GE, but I thought T-PEOS was no longer with GE after those massive criticisms they received with H-100.

Anyway, since when did people cared about manufacturer's claims? Hehe.

LOL...  People like to rag on the manufacturer for making false claims XD    But yeah, still using same compensation curve, they are. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #1,451 of 2,595
Quote:

They came in today.  The graph about is a graphical representation of the use of cables on the T-Peos H-200.  People have stated hearing differences.  I didn't hear any, neither did my microphone unfortunately.  Both left and right plots are shown, lighter plots are the black cable, darker plots are the red cable.  Differences are extremely minor if any. 

Impressions so far are positive overall so far.  Remind me a lot of the SuperDarts with more controlled bass (something that turned me off from them in the first place).  There is a hint of sibilance in vocals.  Detailing is a aggressive, similar to detailing stylings of an Ety, and clarity is very strong as are vocals.  Midrange is done beautifully except for that slight sibilance.  The dip you see around the 6 kHz isn't as audible as it seems partially due to the resonance at the 4 kHz making up for some of the instrumentals (lower treble) while the 10 kHz makes up a bit for the upper treble.  The formation does lead to more of a metallic sound though that can be a bit sibilant as well (on certain recordings).  That said, the dip is masked quite a bit overall.  That's about all for now. 

I am using the translucent grey tips right now.  I do hear differences between the tips, that's inevitable really.  I'll graph them when I have more time...  For now, it's time to eat. 

EDIT: last note, grey tips were used throughout for measurement.  Smalls were the size that was used (they are the size I use personally). 

EDIT 2: no problems with comfort or fit for me.  I can wear these over the ear fine and the form factor has no problems with me.  The elliptical protrusion on the buds help keep them stable if used properly.  Driver flex, however, does show itself.  It's stronger in my right ear (IEMs tend to seal better with that ear for me for some reason).  So release air pressure as you insert them and you shouldn't have problems. 

EDIT 3: the graph T-Peos has is accurate assuming you are using GoldenEars' compensation.  It highly resembles my graph (same dips and everything).  Since GoldenEars requires a boost in the bass, and mine compensation doesn't, that would be the reasoning for the bass boost. 

EDIT 4: before anyone asks, my measuring system has an early roll off in the bass.  I've created a compensation for it, using Rin's past graphs as a reference (as well as Tyll's), in the colored graphs.  Then use the standard DF compensation. 

I'm assuming it's a non too custom twfk and if so, it looks like a nice implimentation and curve in general.

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #1,452 of 2,595
I read a bit that the tips made a difference with these...  I do hear a slight difference right now, but nothing major.  I finally did find time to measure them after work, differences are minor, but there.  It may be the driver flex and seal that is physically making the bigger difference rather than just the tip itself for the people who hear the differences. 

Jun 29, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #1,454 of 2,595
Quote:
Funny, I have almost zero driver flex.

this is not so bad, i have it very little too but i cannot deny this does not exist.

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #1,455 of 2,595
this is not so bad, i have it very little too but i cannot deny this does not exist.

I don't have much if any issue with driver flex on H-200 either.... I guess it also depends on fit/insertion depth.  It usually sits quite shallow on my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back