T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jun 29, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #1,458 of 2,595
Both tips have it. Black is less than grey, but the H-200 are prone to driver flex.

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #1,459 of 2,595
I haven't got mine yet, but I have had good luck with the R1 double flanged tips (or Mee double flanged) to reduce driver flex on various iems, and often they also seem to work well soundwise.

Has anyone tried them with the H-200's?

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #1,460 of 2,595
Quote:
I haven't got mine yet, but I have had good luck with the R1 double flanged tips (or Mee double flanged) to reduce driver flex on various iems, and often they also seem to work well soundwise.

I haven't tested them, I'd have to dig them up from my millions XD  I do want to say that driver flex will be most influenced by the way the tip will seal with your ear.  Your ear has a distinct shape, so a solution for you may not be a solution for someone else. 

Jun 29, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #1,462 of 2,595
Quote:
You're right, the black tips do reduce the flex.

They are softer, the translucent ones are harder...  A softer seal allows for air to escape a little easier while inserting the IEM, which reduces flex.  I still prefer the fit with the translucent ones unfortunately, it seals better with my ear. 

Jun 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #1,463 of 2,595
Quote:
I read a bit that the tips made a difference with these...  I do hear a slight difference right now, but nothing major.  I finally did find time to measure them after work, differences are minor, but there.  It may be the driver flex and seal that is physically making the bigger difference rather than just the tip itself for the people who hear the differences. 

Basically no difference, try Meelec triflanges.

Jun 29, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #1,464 of 2,595
Quote:
Basically no difference, try Meelec triflanges.

I'll wait for Rin to do his analysis when he gets his loaner...  I know that someone said they sent him one.  I just wanted to put that graph up because people said the differences were huge.  The only major differences I saw was in group delay in the ultra sub-bass...  There was also a shift in group delay response as well from the midrange on up (two little bumps; it may have been my system's flaws though).

Jun 29, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #1,465 of 2,595
Quote:
Funny, I have almost zero driver flex.

I have no driver flex either, and different tips have made a huge difference in the sound. That's why I always say, people, don't take my word or anyone else's word about the sound. Sure, you can use people as a guilde to kind of guess whether an IEM fits your sound signature preference, but ultimately you need to hear these products for yourself. I'm not suggesting buying everything and testing it, but get to audio stores or area meet in greets to get a listen. 

Jun 29, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #1,466 of 2,595
Quote:

Why is it taking so long bro?

Jun 29, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #1,468 of 2,595
Quote:
Why is it taking so long bro?

Three words: Shipping to Canada. With USPS priority post, they quote 6-10 business days. Shipped on Jun19, it is 7 business days so far. They`d be here on Monday, except that it`s a holiday (Canada Day), so they will be here on the 2nd.

Jun 29, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #1,469 of 2,595
Jun 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #1,470 of 2,595
Quote:
  The graph about is a graphical representation of the use of cables on the T-Peos H-200.  People have stated hearing differences.  I didn't hear any, neither did my microphone unfortunately. 

Shocking! 
wink_face.gif

Thanks for the work you did with the measurements.  I'm eagerly anticipating Rin's comments and measurements. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back