T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jul 1, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #1,486 of 2,595
Quote:

Sorry, but what's SF? I'm not good with abbreviations.
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #1,490 of 2,595
Quote:

Yeah, I was surprised myself too...  I listened and was, where is this difference every one is hearing?!  Where is it XD  Then I measured and was like...  Um...  Yeah...

Hopefully Rin can confirm my measurements :wink:

Have you had experiences in the past where you were able to measure differences between cables?

Jul 1, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #1,491 of 2,595
Quote:

Have you had experiences in the past where you were able to measure differences between cables?

Unfortunately not.  But the fact that the curves are the same would mean it's a big coincidence that I measured and remeasured only to get the same curves... 

Jul 1, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #1,492 of 2,595
Quote:

Unfortunately not.  But the fact that the curves are the same would mean it's a big coincidence that I measured and remeasured only to get the same curves... 

A couple of things just for my own understanding:

Why do you say "unfortunately" not?

Why is it a coincidence that you measured and got the same curves?

I think the second question might just be my own misunderstanding- did you mean that it would be a big coincidence if you measured and got the same curve?

Not trying to nitpick. 

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #1,494 of 2,595
Alright. So I'm going to dare and possibly ask UM to reshell my H-200 into their universal mold. What's your thoughts? I'm not sure, but I think that I much prefer over and around the ear iems. Will UM do that? Also, would the sound sig change(significantly?)

Jul 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #1,495 of 2,595
Quote:

A couple of things just for my own understanding:

Why do you say "unfortunately" not?

Why is it a coincidence that you measured and got the same curves?

I think the second question might just be my own misunderstanding- did you mean that it would be a big coincidence if you measured and got the same curve?

Not trying to nitpick. 

This is my first time measuring differences between cables.  That's all I meant by it.

I did say that it would be a big coincidence that I measured, and remeasured, to get the same curves (but were in fact not).  I left out the second half (in paranthesis), I thought it could be inferred, I guess not.

Quote:
Alright. So I'm going to dare and possibly ask UM to reshell my H-200 into their universal mold. What's your thoughts? I'm not sure, but I think that I much prefer over and around the ear iems. Will UM do that? Also, would the sound sig change(significantly?)

I actually wear my H-200 over the ear.  They aren't too uncomfortable XD  If you reshell, you'd have to ask UM to measure the headphones before and after to ensure the sound won't change.  There's a dynamic in the H-200, a lot of companies don't reshell dynamics.  UM might though as they do produce dynamics now XD.  There is only one way to know whether or not they'll do this, ask them.

Jul 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #1,497 of 2,595
Quote:
Just got my H200s now--

Very impressed so far... faring against my XBA40s they are edging out a bit in every category except soundstage so far.

What can I expect with a bit more (brain) burn-in? 
L3000.gif

Haven't been able to compare against a reference (another burned in IEM to compare with in regards to time).  I personally haven't heard too much...  I have a feeling that the bass has toned down a little, but I have a feeling that's all in my head XD.  Sibilance seems weaker than I remember...  Take what I say with a grain of salt :p

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #1,498 of 2,595
@canalickit1, I know how much you like your xba40's, so that's great to hear!

Jul 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #1,499 of 2,595
Quote:

Haven't been able to compare against a reference (another burned in IEM to compare with in regards to time).  I personally haven't heard too much...  I have a feeling that the bass has toned down a little, but I have a feeling that's all in my head XD.  Sibilance seems weaker than I remember...  Take what I say with a grain of salt :p

Same observation here after 100+ hours of normal usage...

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #1,500 of 2,595
Got my H-200's. They were from UnityIsPower (and were eke2k6 approved).

I immediately swapped to the red cable (due to posts I have read), and am using the translucent grey tips that were on it (not sure of size).

Listening to a few favourite tunes via my rockboxed clip zip and C&C BH.

The very good news: absolutely no driver flex! I can't make it happen upon insertion, or when adjusting. Awesome!

The very very good news: the sound is living up to the hype! Sounding great. I won't be able to listen very much until later tonight, but the initial impressions are very favourable 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back