T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jul 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #1,501 of 2,595
Unity and eke in the same sentence? Ahh ok.
Wayne you cannot doubt that the H200 is engaging and I never found them sibilant, vocals nearly but a great product and kind of wished I had them as my backup rather than my W4 now.

They would have been a better backup for my SD3 due to the impact factor but if you could have all 3 then you would really struggle to get better audio into your lugs.

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #1,502 of 2,595
Quote:
Got my H-200's. They were from UnityIsPower (and were eke2k6 approved).

I immediately swapped to the red cable (due to posts I have read), and am using the translucent grey tips that were on it (not sure of size).

Listening to a few favourite tunes via my rockboxed clip zip and C&C BH.

The very good news: absolutely no driver flex! I can't make it happen upon insertion, or when adjusting. Awesome!

The very very good news: the sound is living up to the hype! Sounding great. I won't be able to listen very much until later tonight, but the initial impressions are very favourable 
size]

Finally! 
beerchug.gif
 .... You know I wouldn't steer you wrong!

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #1,503 of 2,595
Congrats Wayne, I think once you settle in with your H-200 you should be very pleased. I've been using mine exclusively with Cowon J3 recently (set flat) and they pair well together. I even think they sound great just from the Clip+ alone.

Upgrade cables soon guys hopefully! Keep your coins aside for them!

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #1,504 of 2,595
Quote:

I immediately swapped to the red cable (due to posts I have read), and am using the translucent grey tips that were on it (not sure of size).

The very good news: absolutely no driver flex! I can't make it happen upon insertion, or when adjusting. Awesome!

The very very good news: the sound is living up to the hype! Sounding great. I won't be able to listen very much until later tonight, but the initial impressions are very favourable 
size]

Congrats WAYNE, these lil' buggers are finally in your possession.
... can't wait for your impressions.
popcorn.gif

edit: Sinth knows what's up.
wink_face.gif

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #1,505 of 2,595
Quote:

size]

Haha! Very nice Wayne!  I can't wait to read more about your impressions on them H200s 
ksc75smile.gif

They actually complement really well with the Bassos. Have fun with your new phones mate!

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #1,507 of 2,595
Thanks guys! Finally got back home and can now do some more happy H-200 listening 
size]

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #1,508 of 2,595
Quote:

size]

Just FYI, I didn't hear any difference in the cables, measured no big differences either... 

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #1,509 of 2,595
Quote:
Let me get right to it, the H-200 is very good (quite good actually).

The H-200, on the other hand, is a more neutral sounding earphone. I would say that the H-200's soundstage is wider than the the 1K (but not deeper). Bass is definitely there, but doesn't get as low and as rich as the 1K. Then again, the bass driver hasn't open up yet. The H-200 is what I would call 3-D-light. It's there and heavier than the GR07, but the notes aren't as thick and as rich as the 1K. The 1K is more refined, but I wouldn't say the H-200 is way behind it. Again, I don't want to rate the H-200 until about 50 hours of burn-in. I would consider the 1K a top tier, and I would consider the H-200 a "high-end" mid-tier. So I place it somewhere between the GR07 (CKN-70/IE800)  and 1K. It's slight step above the BA200 right now (which is one of my favorite universals too, but it doesn't have the bass of the H-200). H-200 has better instrument separation than the BA-200. That's it for now. I need more listening. The H-200 is terrific for the price of $200 - $250.

Funny.. I've been doing a bit of ab'ing with my CKS1000's, and your impressions above seem to correspond with what I am hearing. I know that your impressions changed to the following though ...

The H-200 has opened up beautifully! I love the CKS1000, but spend most of my time listening to the H-200 (when my customs aren't in my ears). The clarity, details, transparency, and richness of bass are stunning. And for those who like bass but claim there is never enough treble, somehow these earphones were tuned to give just the right balance of treble, mids, and bass. Now before someone asks me which one sounds better - the CKS1000 or H-200 - I have to say I can't answer that question because the sound signatures aren't similar at all (instruments, for example, in the CKS1000 sit a bit further back than the H-200, or should say the sound stage). Both are technically brilliant. What I can tell you, however, is that I spend more time listening to the H-200. It's just an easier and smoother listen to the ears. It's like a rich high-end stereo system in your ears.

Which is cool, because I know what I get to look forward to once they burn in a bit more. The 1K's and H-200 sure do sound different though - I'm loving both of them :)

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #1,510 of 2,595
Thanks guys! Finally got back home and can now do some more happy H-200 listening
size]

Good purchase Wayne! H-200 is really enjoyable and I have so much fun with them.

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #1,511 of 2,595
size]

Since everyone's doing it, congratulations, Wayne! Glad to hear you're enjoying it, mate! :)

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #1,512 of 2,595
I have to say, I'm really impressed by the sound of the H-200, impressions were something I did promise everyone, so initial ones are below.  Final impressions will come up in my full review. 

I'm going to start out with the midrange, I feel that is the part of the H-200 that is more or less the most accurate.  Really, T-Peos did a good job of finding an IEM that would produce the midrange in such a beautiful fashion.  The lower instrumentals have a hint of aggression to them making guitars sound a little alive and detailed while the clarity up top is strong, but never harsh.  Vocals were something that I originally did find sibilant, they have toned down quite a bit; some are still though.  A beautiful balance down low and up top allow for proper vocal reproduction.  The mids are extremely linear in comparison to the rest of the spectrum.

The low end of the spectrum has a strong focus on the sub-bass.  The bass as a whole has a huge focus graphically.  Quicker decay allows the bass to retain strong accuracy.  Texturing is strong, with good presence.  It's a little more solid than it is fluid while the lower bass is strong offering good impacts that actually remain quite controlled and tighter than you'd expect.  That said, the mid-bass punch of the 'phones actually sounds in-line with the rest of the bass.  That said, the graph makes the bass on the H-200 look well out of place and overly strong, it's quite controlled. 

The treble does still have its spike at that 10 kHz.  This can create an upper treble that is a little too metallic and a little sibilant unfortunately, the main complaint I have with the T-Peos.  However, the rest is actually quite strong.  The treble does have good detailing overall with ample extension.  Separation seems a little hindered as it can feel like the upper treble smears a bit more than I'd like.  The lower treble has a very nice presence to it with great extension and overall detailing. 

There's quite a bit that the H-200 does splendidly, the midrange, bass, even much of the treble.  There is some stuff that it makes mistakes on, that 10 kHz spike is the main issue; the dip at the 6k makes it a little worse as well.  By definition, the H-200 is v-shaped, quite honestly, it doesn't feel that way to me...  It just doesn't. 

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #1,513 of 2,595
Nice impressions. Lots of good details in there and the hearing impressions compared to the FR graph will definitely be useful to some. :smile:

One question: Could you expand on what you mean by the lower treble having great extension? It's a little confusing with it being in the middle of the FR...

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #1,514 of 2,595
Quote:
Nice impressions. Lots of good details in there and the hearing impressions compared to the FR graph will definitely be useful to some.
smile.gif

One question: Could you expand on what you mean by the lower treble having great extension? It's a little confusing with it being in the middle of the FR...

Snare snaps decay slower, or sound that way (due to secondary harmonics). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back