T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jun 28, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #1,428 of 2,595
kkcc, thanks i know and i use white (grey :) tips too.

Jun 28, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #1,429 of 2,595
Quote:
kkcc, thanks i know and i use white (grey :) tips too.

which cable do you prefer? black or red? I'm still deciding if I should balance the red one for my 901...

Jun 28, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #1,430 of 2,595
red cable no doubt. i wish black cable would be better since quality make and bending is so much better with black.
but sonically i find red cable more transparent and aiding better sound dynamic.

what i dislike about red cable is plastic rubber material which makes bending cable and packing into case or box a headache, it's like fighting with a snake who does not want go into a sack :frowning2:

BUT, perhaps you better wait for the upgrade cable TPeos will start selling in July for which balancing makes more sense IMHO.

Jun 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #1,432 of 2,595
Quote:
Anybody else feels like the earphones don't give the "seal feel"? Kinda like what I experienced with GR07

Yes... many had find the fit awkward and even a deal breaker.  Personally I'm okay and even like the resulting airy feeling. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #1,433 of 2,595
I have slight fit problems with the GR07 too, but not the H-200. They don't go really deep because of the large housings, but I don't feel any lack of seal - it could be something one imagines due to the relative shallowness (I've sometimes had that with other phones). 

Jun 28, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #1,434 of 2,595
By any stroke of luck, has anyone heard both the SM3 without filters and the H200? If so I'm curious how they compare :)

Only SM3 v2 with filters and not at the same time.

I can tell you H-200 will sound slightly crisper, cooler in tonality, certainly not as thick or creamy as SM3 v2 is around the mid range leaning more towards transparency, not quite as in your face either as the SM3 was to my ears, more air and separation. Anything I say about SM3 v2 would be with filters and going off a vague memory though. Some say H-200 sounds nothing like TF10, however I lean towards saying I think members who came from TF10 would most likely be pleased with H-200. (don't think V shape though) Most who own the T-Peos have all left TF10 behind and being a fan yourself besides the fit H-200 might be one to keep reading up on for you.

Jun 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #1,435 of 2,595
fit and seal very much depend, i found no issues so far but as mentioned here before for some people this became a deal stopper.
i use grey semi-transparent tips and find good seal and comfort. however i would not use H200 while jogging, for me they are causal IEMs for pleasure relax time.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #1,436 of 2,595
Interesting...they are now officially on the short list. I will keep reading to learn more about their mids...how would  you describe them? You say its not v-shaped; where are the mids relative to the rest of the spectrum in terms of emphasis? How are vocals?
Quote:
Only SM3 v2 with filters and not at the same time.

I can tell you H-200 will sound slightly crisper, cooler in tonality, certainly not as thick or creamy as SM3 v2 is around the mid range leaning more towards transparency, not quite as in your face either as the SM3 was to my ears, more air and separation. Anything I say about SM3 v2 would be with filters and going off a vague memory though. Some say H-200 sounds nothing like TF10, however I lean towards saying I think members who came from TF10 would most likely be pleased with H-200. (don't think V shape though) Most who own the T-Peos have all left TF10 behind and being a fan yourself besides the fit H-200 might be one to keep reading up on for you.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #1,437 of 2,595
I'm on my phone atm, however, if you search my created threads, I've done a full review on H-200 which will give an idea. Basically I find them balanced, others mid centric, some U shaped, we've got a mixed party going on.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #1,438 of 2,595
Quote:
Interesting...they are now officially on the short list. I will keep reading to learn more about their mids...how would  you describe them? You say its not v-shaped; where are the mids relative to the rest of the spectrum in terms of emphasis? How are vocals?

H-200 is a unique entry.  It is fun sounding AND neutral sounding at the same time, if it is possible.  It is a camelion and demonstrate different qualities with different tracks.  For hip hop it will delivery enough bass thump, for dance you will feel it is tight and fast, for vocal it is mid-forward or even some called it shouty... compared to TOTL iems I find many of the same qualities, however where it fall short is it is much less refined nor coherent comparatively.  It is almost like it is deliberately trying to showcase typical qualities head-fiers look for, and it is quite successful in that and thus the fun sounding character I find.  YMMV.

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #1,440 of 2,595
^ Love those recent impressions! They sound very promising :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back