Symphonium Crimson - Impressions and Reviews (The Next Standard)
Feb 5, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #391 of 445
I tested a lot of tips. JVC Spiral Dots ++ is jaw dropping. Sparkly highs, forward mids, bass thumping as normal. Some tips cause the timbre to sound tad artificial. Not the JVC. It’s just good.
Just got these in the mail and gave them a try. Definitely exceptional tips for the Crimsons, so much fun!

Feb 6, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #392 of 445
well into my 5 plus months of listening to these along with two excellent full sized headphones (LCD-5 and HE1kse) along with the u12t and Sony M9s and still these are my favorite of the bunch!

I am now somewhat mobile in that I moved overseas and do plan to travel/live in different places throughout the year/s and having this level of fun and quality in the Crimson is a game changer for me. Recently I was thinking about what items I might take with me if I spend 3 months in Mexico or South America. I considered the LCD and HE1kse as they re awesome but eh Crimson makes an equally compelling case sonically while being way more transportable.

Really like these with the Azla exelastec tips and the Ibasso DX320 amp 12.

My ears can't wait to hear what the Symphonium team dreams up next although my wallet hopes the Crimson remains my favorite.
The Crimson really is an awesome IEM.

Like the Helios, I think the tuning is going to be relevant for a long time. There's not another IEM that I've heard that sounds the same!

I tested a lot of tips. JVC Spiral Dots ++ is jaw dropping. Sparkly highs, forward mids, bass thumping as normal. Some tips cause the timbre to sound tad artificial. Not the JVC. It’s just good.
Just got these in the mail and gave them a try. Definitely exceptional tips for the Crimsons, so much fun!

Sounds like I got to get my hands on some! Personally, I have been using the Sednafits mostly for the bass, rather than the Divinus :wink:

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Feb 6, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #393 of 445
Have it on the Meteor and using it right now.
Smack Lips.png

I have the Azla xelastec, lights, and shorts as well. I find they alter the sound too much. The amateur word that comes to mind for the JVC is immersive. I am sure the experts have better words to describe it.

Feb 6, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #394 of 445
Have it on the Meteor and using it right now.
Smack Lips.png

I have the Azla xelastec, lights, and shorts as well. I find they alter the sound too much. The amateur word that comes to mind for the JVC is immersive. I am sure the experts have better words to describe it.

That’s a great word, quite accurate actually!

Feb 7, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #396 of 445

Alright. You guys are absolutely right with the Spiral Dot ++ eartips! These are probably my favorite for the Crimson now.

I'm hearing more air and sparkle without any added sibilance. Feels like they've opened up the soundstage a bit more too and best of all, they fit/seal well in my ears.

Feb 19, 2024 at 2:16 AM Post #399 of 445
Someone can make a versus with IE900?

Quoting one of our community members that isn't on Head-Fi (thank you Pasta):

"In my opinion, the ie900 has better sub-bass control than the Crimson, but the Crimson has a better bass body overall.
Both Crimson and ie900 have a similar upper treble range, however I think crimson is smoother and less abrasive overall.
Overall, the amount of treble that the ie900 has makes me dislike it"

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Feb 19, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #400 of 445
I had the IE900 for about a month in a trade with a friend. I managed at least 20 hours in that month. In general, it was underwhelming. It's not terrible per se. However at that price range. There are many excellent IEMs. The IE900 excelled at nothing IMHO. The lows were okay. Trebel was middling. Energy levels were lethargic. The staging was small. If I have to say something nice. The timbre is very natural and reminds me of the HD headphone series. The comfort level is amazing.

In the end. The friend dropped me a message asking me not to sell it off on the market if I didn't want to keep it. He wants to buy it back. Some people love the presentation. despite the flaws.

The crimson is a completely different beast. Fussy with tips and fit. The reward of a good fit is high energy, excellent details, a wide stage, and an engaging overall experience. The downside is that it can get fatiguing for me after a few hours.

Some people claim the IE600 is better than the IE900. I bought the IE600 for my wife to fit her baby sized ears. I did get a few hours on it. It's a lot more V shaped and musical. The bass texture is well defined, and the treble bites. If you are a treble head, it's good, if not. It's too much. Mids are more recessed. My problem with it is the price. For a new set. I'd rather buy a used Sony Z1R, or a new Aur Ascension.

Feb 19, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #401 of 445
The Prestige LTD's energy is calm. Mids are smoothed over. Lacking the bite and detail. Mid bass and trebel are where they put the bumps. Some genre works well, but others can be a bit boring.

Crimson is high energy and has a much better overall tuning and details which makes the presentation more engaging. On the JVC Spiraldots ++. There is no compettion.

At this price point. Technically it's all up there. It really is about the tuning and what compromises were made to achieve the presentation.

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:55 AM Post #402 of 445
oddly enough the prestige was the least favorite of the upper tier Thie offerings, it seemed lifeless and boring. The Crimson can be a bit of a roller coaster ride but the clarity PRaT and bass are standouts. If I had the cash I'd have the Storm but at 1/4 the price (give or take) I will settle for the Crimson :) .

I do go back to the U12t from time to time for a change of pace as they are excellent in their own way

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #403 of 445
someone make a tip rolling with crimson can say some comments ?
have some problem to confort/sount .... tips wide bore have a nice sound for me , but dont have good confort , but spinfit cp100 and 145 , get nice confort but ate too bass

Mar 2, 2024 at 2:31 AM Post #404 of 445
someone make a tip rolling with crimson can say some comments ?
have some problem to confort/sount .... tips wide bore have a nice sound for me , but dont have good confort , but spinfit cp100 and 145 , get nice confort but ate too bass
Please see my older posts for my tip rolling experiences quoted below. For pressure relief/comfort and sound quality rivaling the stock Azla I am enjoying the Tangzu Sancai (normal) over everything else I've tried.
Just got my Crimson Friday, picked up a launch edition second hand from @kundica.
Thanks again for trusting a new member and helping me to step into the world of hifi.

I have a limited point of reference as the only other iems I have owned are the Creative Aurvana Trio and Sony XM4 wireless.
Running the Crimson off a Questyle M15 in high gain and enjoying it so far. I did get to listen to them off a Hiiby RS8 this weekend at a local headfi meet and can say these loved the extra power and R2R dac.

I don't find the trebble to much with the Azlas, but I am still experimenting with tips. These are some of my impressions.

• Azla - Most resolving/neutral to the iem sound across the range. Really like these for technical all rounder.
  • Divinus - seem to enhance the midbass(most punchy) and mids to me, but roll off both the sub bass and high trebble. These are my fave for simpler vocal tracks.
  • Spinfit - Resolve well but reduce trebble, they also seem to enhance the lower end. Probably the easiest listening but also very fun bass emphasized sound.
  • Render - Have to size up as M won't properly seal with these iem. May order L to try later in the hopes of enhancing low end while keeping trebble.

Overall I am really enjoying the initial 3 tips mentioned with the preference being Spinfit right now.

Just a quick update to my post about my tip rolling experiences.

I ordered the render tips in large. I am sure if it's a material quality issue, or related to the insert depth etc but I can not get a proper seal so I won't be using these.

The spinfit I referenced in my original post were the older CP1025 version. I have since acquired the Spinfit Omni and while they are a huge pita to get on (even more so than Divinitus Velvets) to me the sound is improved more.

The Onmi have a wider bore than the CP1025 and now seem to bring more detail while keeping a reduced high end and an enhanced low end.

Also paired the Crimson with a Hiby RS8 and these scale very well. The Crimson loves the increased gain from the Questyle M15 I was previously using.

Not to keep beating the topic of tip rolling but I must share, I am astonished at the impact it has. The Crimson is the first iem I have paid over 200$ for I dont mind spending more to see what it can do.

I recently picked up Spinfit W1 and Tangzu Tang SanCai.

• Spinfit W1 - best of the spinfit imho. It has better details, but even greater trebble reduction still with bass empasis compared to omni. I am thinking this is due to the increased stem length and insertion depth. Also, it is much easier to get onto the Crimson.

• Tang SanCai - my new favorite because of sound and comfort.Technicalities don't get any better to me.Staging and detail level made me tear up. It rolls off the trebble slightly(to me perfectly) while keeping the mids and bass full/natural. Comfort is no contest here for me, due to the Crimson being a sealed iem I always noticed the pressure in my ears. After flying recently it became extremely noticible due to discomfort. Queue the Tang SanCai, I found this tip because of the unique pattern on the silicon that releaves pressure in the ear canal. I can honestly say that it works very well! With the added bonus of the sound/technicalities that brought emotional joy it was an easy win for me.
I have noticed they have a standard and wide bore version. I believe that I have the standard however I am not sure. Mine came in a white box and don't say wide in the description they can be found here https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0C6P9Q12J

Mar 2, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #405 of 445
I also wanted to ask a super random question here. I absolutely love my Crimson. I am searching for recommendations to an open or closed back headphone with a similar FR. I've heard many high end headphones recently and none really scratch my itch for speed/low end quite like the Crimson.

Hifiman He6 OG 6 Screw and Meze Liric/109 Pro get close. Of course Susvara is staggering but don't really have that budget. Otherwise I feel most are lacking compared to the Crimson.

Could any Crimson owners that love the sound share some good headphone recommendations with a similar tuning/technicality around the 2k USD and under Mark please and thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back