Symphonium Crimson - Impressions and Reviews (The Next Standard)
Mar 2, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #406 of 445
I also wanted to ask a super random question here. I absolutely love my Crimson. I am searching for recommendations to an open or closed back headphone with a similar FR. I've heard many high end headphones recently and none really scratch my itch for speed/low end quite like the Crimson.

Hifiman He6 OG 6 Screw and Meze Liric/109 Pro get close. Of course Susvara is staggering but don't really have that budget. Otherwise I feel most are lacking compared to the Crimson.

Could any Crimson owners that love the sound share some good headphone recommendations with a similar tuning/technicality around the 2k USD and under Mark please and thank you!
Hifiman he1000se

Mar 2, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #407 of 445
I’ve reluctantly decided to put my HSE up for sale due to a change in circumstances.

Ad can be found in the classifieds here, if anyone’s interested (UK only).

Thanks

Mar 2, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #408 of 445
Please see my older posts for my tip rolling experiences quoted below. For pressure relief/comfort and sound quality rivaling the stock Azla I am enjoying the Tangzu Sancai (normal) over everything else I've tried.

Thanks for your tip rolling advice!
We have been hearing a lot of good things about the JVC Spiral Dots.

I also wanted to ask a super random question here. I absolutely love my Crimson. I am searching for recommendations to an open or closed back headphone with a similar FR. I've heard many high end headphones recently and none really scratch my itch for speed/low end quite like the Crimson.

Hifiman He6 OG 6 Screw and Meze Liric/109 Pro get close. Of course Susvara is staggering but don't really have that budget. Otherwise I feel most are lacking compared to the Crimson.

Could any Crimson owners that love the sound share some good headphone recommendations with a similar tuning/technicality around the 2k USD and under Mark please and thank you!
Hmm, a very interesting question about which I honestly have no idea :sweat_smile:
All I can say is that I don't exactly believe we referenced any headphone specifically for the tuning process; it was really finding something that we thought was exceptional enough to put out there.

I'm not too confident any open-back headphone can match the sub bass response of the Crimson either, so your best might be something closed back :)

Last edited:
Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com
Mar 2, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #409 of 445
I am enjoying the Tangzu Sancai (normal) over everything else I've tried.

These are the tips that have made the Crimson work really well for me. Great pressure relief and helped with my issues with the treble.

Mar 3, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #413 of 445
Please see my older posts for my tip rolling experiences quoted below. For pressure relief/comfort and sound quality rivaling the stock Azla I am enjoying the Tangzu Sancai (normal) over everything else I've tried.
These are the tips that have made the Crimson work really well for me. Great pressure relief and helped with my issues with the treble.

Thanks - I picked up these tips and will see how I fair with them. I've mostly been using Final E but wanted to try something new.

I think you would like the ZMF Caldera and the upcoming ZMF Caldera. It wont exactly mirror the experience, but had a similar idea.

Mar 6, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #415 of 445
Mar 6, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #418 of 445
And @BeardSplinter
Test sancai wide bore too? Have any coment :)
I only tested the standard bore which is precise to the Crimson bore.
20240306_153530.jpg

They sound so good I did not want to buy the others. I may grab them along with the spiral dot++ but honestly after spending around 140 USD on tips I'm very happy with Sancai Standard.
I have no pressure issues, and for me these have the best staging/technicalities (seriously made me tear up) and most natural and full sound as well.

Maybe my experience was due to my pressure issues being a bigger deal than I even realized.

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #419 of 445
I got these, they are very good for crimson. relieve all my minor gripes with treble and any pressure.

I only tested the standard bore which is precise to the Crimson bore. 20240306_153530.jpg
They sound so good I did not want to buy the others. I may grab them along with the spiral dot++ but honestly after spending around 140 USD on tips I'm very happy with Sancai Standard.
I have no pressure issues, and for me these have the best staging/technicalities (seriously made me tear up) and most natural and full sound as well.

Maybe my experience was due to my pressure issues being a bigger deal than I even realized.

I have sensibility to pression and fit with all iem :/ , try wide bore , are cheap
trying to compare the two, I haven't reached a conclusion yet, I would like help with a second opinion
Thank you for a advice :)

Attachments

• IMG_7642.jpeg
    IMG_7642.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7674.jpeg
    IMG_7674.jpeg
    949.1 KB · Views: 0
Mar 6, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #420 of 445
I have sensibility to pression and fit with all iem :/ , try wide bore , are cheap
trying to compare the two, I haven't reached a conclusion yet, I would like help with a second opinion
Thank you for a advice :)
Interesting, it looks like only the outer edge is wider. I may grab them in a week or two.

What would you say is the main difference that you have noticed between the Standard bore and Wide bore of the Sancai?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back