Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor
Aug 24, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #61 of 584
Quote:
Lol been here for almost a year now and during my free time (as in my very very bored time xD ) I think of what to buy next in audio! Was thinking of Grado after I got my XBA-4 and now I have it and love it! Planning to buy a DAC/amp combo or possibly another headphone but this time, over ear! XD something completely different from Grado! Forward mids is a must thought! XD *any ideas? At $300~ as I am trying to see what's others opinion as sometime, own opinion is not enough xD *

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

For something bright, but not bassy like Grado, SRH940 is a very good option. For neutral phones, what about mad dogs?

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #62 of 584
For something bright, but not bassy like Grado, SRH940 is a very good option. For neutral phones, what about mad dogs?

No! Definitely not going to look into those two as I have horrible experience with Shure build quality and Mad Dogs from what I heard have a slight emphasis on the bass and I am not a fan of it xD

*Sorry for being too picky :xf_eek: *

Billson :)

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #63 of 584
Quote:
*Munching* just got my Grados few days ago and I think I am slowly addicted to brighter sound! The imaging is just awesome... Can't take them off now! Need help! It's like a bucket stuck on my head but this one, in a good way (or is it not? XD )

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
Lol. Just have multiple headphones with different sound sigs. I go back and forth between warm sound and bright sound all the time.

I do the same thing, although I prefer brighter cans period... I the DARKEST can I own is the Akg K550 xD and that's because it's my only can that is not "slighty bright" My w1000x is a tad bright, as are both my Beyers [WOOT GOT MY Dt 880 BACK YAY] The Akg is the ONLY can with truely Neutral Treble, and I don't like that to much xD [it's a great can though, works well with everyrthing like the Dt 880 except it ISOLATES. So I can afford a treble loss for some good isolation!] 

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #64 of 584
Quote:

I do the same thing, although I prefer brighter cans period... I the DARKEST can I own is the Akg K550 xD and that's because it's my only can that is not "slighty bright" My w1000x is a tad bright, as are both my Beyers [WOOT GOT MY Dt 880 BACK YAY] The Akg is the ONLY can with truely Neutral Treble, and I don't like that to much xD [it's a great can though, works well with everyrthing like the Dt 880 except it ISOLATES. So I can afford a treble loss for some good isolation!] 

Yep! I am into bright and aggressive sound now! What a surprise for my taste to change in just one week of listening to Grados xD 

How's the timbre of the DT880? 

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #65 of 584
Which Grado did you get?

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #66 of 584
Quote:

You need to try the SRH1840 at some stage 
size]

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #67 of 584
Quote:

I can assure you that what you hear from the k550 is NOT neutral treble. 

Aug 25, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #70 of 584
I guess you do really like grado sig. Grados rock!

They do rocks! My dad had a listen to it and I was so worried that it won't come back to me again when my dad immediately smile after he hit the "play" button! The last time he smiled on a headphone was the AKG K550! XD

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #72 of 584
Here is how I perform my reviews:

1. Burn-in. 25-50 hours of burn in is given. I use pink noise and a source that is reasonable(like sansa clip).
2. Source/Amp match. I match my rig to the iem/headphones that I'm reviewing. I also consider impedance of iems, as AK100 can alter the sound sig of a multi-ba iem.
3. Listen! I listen for at least 5-10 hours before I write my review. I don't listen to them for 2 weeks like some reviewers do, but I feel like 5 hours of serious listening time is enough for most cases. I do update my reviews in case my impressions change after 5 hours of listening.
4. Write. I guess I'm sufficient at English(am I?). Oh, btw, I don't proofread well, so feel free to point out typos in my reviews.
5. Post on head-fi!

Aug 25, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #73 of 584
50hrs burn in at louder than normal with music
Listen for a while and critically listen. Amp/unamped differences.

Next reviews: Epiphany acoustics E-DAC, FAD Piano Forte X-G

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #74 of 584
At the moment, I doubt any new reviews from me is coming xD my exams is just next week but after my exam, I will most probably review several headphone under $100. This one, will make it very simple and with about 10 headphones in it of different sound signature. Reason for that review is because I have been seeing a lot of new comers in Head-Fi asking for headphone recommendations under $100 so I wanted to compile all headphones under $100 and review it for them so that they do not have to start a new thread and wait for replies! xD + Just got my Grado so I am hoping that it will be a completed version!

The only thing I am lacking in, is IEM so I don't think there will be any IEM included in my coming "under $100 headphone shootout" other than the XBA-1 [they sound awesome for the price!]

Kimvictor, I think your English is sufficient enough xD Mine is no way better either hehe

Billson :D

Aug 26, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #75 of 584
Other reviews to come from me, 3 new rockit sounds headphones, Brainwavz S1 and Hisound E212

Users who are viewing this thread

Back