Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor
Aug 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #46 of 584
Quote:
Another reviewer here, been reviewing for nearly 2 years now! But only getting a proper name for myself now.

Main review gear: iPod classic 7G rockboxed > silver LOD > JDS C5 or O2
Also have epiphany acoustics E-DAC
Headphones for reference: Alclair reference monitors.

I value a natural, neutral smooth sound.
I like my highs airy and well defined with good extension.
Lows punchy and tight.
Mids clear and slightly forward sometimes.

Transparency and detail are very important, as well as good imaging. I don't find soundstage to be as important as some as long as the sound is not congested, but I can appreciate a large soundstage
Great stuff! Good luck

Lol. Your preference sounds very close to my preference.

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #47 of 584
Yep :) I love my alclair as they sound natural but with great detail and realistic highs

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #48 of 584
Quote:
Yep
smily_headphones1.gif
I love my alclair as they sound natural but with great detail and realistic highs

Alclair seems to be a ciem that I might be interested in for my next ciem purchase. I think they should be fairly similar to UERM, but with more natural sound. But my next ciem purchase won't be for couple years
size]

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #49 of 584
Lol. They knew that beats were fragile, but all of them ended up buying beats. At least the last time my friend broke my pair, I just made him pay for it, and bought the SE215 instead.

Does the SE215 even cost more than the Beats? @.@ wasn't even dared to make my friend to pay for my broken ex-headphone xD glad it was barely £45 not something like $200

yea $50 is a lot for shipping, lol and you live like half way across the globe from me xD 

And to my memory, ship need to stop at Singapore before Brunei

Billson :)

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #53 of 584
Yup. He was pretty happy that he didn't have to go to a store to buy the beats too! It's a win win. That was the turning point in my life. Getting a SE215 and beginning my journy as an audiophile.

Even if I get the Beats, I will just sell it off xD

Aug 21, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #55 of 584
Quote:
Don't beats sells for very cheap price(compared to it's original price tag) on ebay?

That, I am not sure xD Didn't search "Beats" in the Amazon and Ebay for a while! The last time I did was several years ago when I know nothing much about audio xD

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #56 of 584
Quote:
That, I am not sure xD Didn't search "Beats" in the Amazon and Ebay for a while! The last time I did was several years ago when I know nothing much about audio xD

meh they mange to sell for around $100, I hear the knock off's sound better than the real thing, so some one's getting a good deal either way xD 

Aug 24, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #58 of 584
*Munching* just got my Grados few days ago and I think I am slowly addicted to brighter sound! The imaging is just awesome... Can't take them off now! Need help! It's like a bucket stuck on my head but this one, in a good way (or is it not? XD )

Aug 24, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #59 of 584
Quote:
*Munching* just got my Grados few days ago and I think I am slowly addicted to brighter sound! The imaging is just awesome... Can't take them off now! Need help! It's like a bucket stuck on my head but this one, in a good way (or is it not? XD )

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Lol. Just have multiple headphones with different sound sigs. I go back and forth between warm sound and bright sound all the time.

Aug 24, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #60 of 584
Lol. Just have multiple headphones with different sound sigs. I go back and forth between warm sound and bright sound all the time.

Lol been here for almost a year now and during my free time (as in my very very bored time xD ) I think of what to buy next in audio! Was thinking of Grado after I got my XBA-4 and now I have it and love it! Planning to buy a DAC/amp combo or possibly another headphone but this time, over ear! XD something completely different from Grado! Forward mids is a must thought! XD *any ideas? At $300~ as I am trying to see what's others opinion as sometime, own opinion is not enough xD *

Users who are viewing this thread

Back