Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor
Aug 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #16 of 584
Quote:
Interesting. I guess I just prefer brighter phones.

I used to really prefer bright headphones like the dt880 and t70. I even used a bit of treble boost when I had the E17 + gr07. But now I prefer neutral or slightly dark treble after listening to the hd600. They're just so much easier to listen to for long periods of time, especially with the type of music I listen to.

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #17 of 584
Quote:
I used to really prefer bright headphones like the dt880 and t70. I even used a bit of treble boost when I had the E17 + gr07. But now I prefer neutral or slightly dark treble after listening to the hd600. They're just so much easier to listen to for long periods of time, especially with the type of music I listen to.

Me too I guess... I use to hate the HD598 for laid back sound. But now, I'm enjoying the mellow sound. But again, for short serious listening sessions, I prefer flat or bright headphones.

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #18 of 584
Quote:

xD jeeze. I like Bright headphones so much I use my Dt 990 and my Solid State for around uhh 4 hours a day with everything xD 

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #20 of 584
Quote:
Ooh. That sounds painful. Do you ever get that super annoying feeling? Like you want to listen to music, but your ears are too tired.

NOPE, I NEVER get that feeling. What does make my ears tired is... oh wait nothing ever does... how ever the pressure of closed headphones does get to me after about 30mins of wearing them, although 1min later I just ignore and it enjoy the music! 

Although I enjoy quiet music, I hate HATE loud anything 

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #21 of 584
Quote:
NOPE, I NEVER get that feeling. What does make my ears tired is... oh wait nothing ever does... how ever the pressure of closed headphones does get to me after about 30mins of wearing them, although 1min later I just ignore and it enjoy the music! 

Although I enjoy quiet music, I hate HATE loud anything 

I guess if you don't listen to your phones loud, you won't be fatigued. I try to stay away from extreme loudness, but I always end up turning the volume nob slightly to the right every time I feel like I want more from my headphones. XD It's a bad habit.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #22 of 584
Quote:
I guess if you don't listen to your phones loud, you won't be fatigued. I try to stay away from extreme loudness, but I always end up turning the volume nob slightly to the right every time I feel like I want more from my headphones. XD It's a bad habit.

When I want more it's because the music I'm listening to is well to flat. I found that out the other day, my HUNGER for more volume was really a cry for real Dynamics, try quieter music with more dynamics and better sterophonic sound, check out some of the songs on my list. I really enjoy them! 

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #23 of 584
Quote:
When I want more it's because the music I'm listening to is well to flat. I found that out the other day, my HUNGER for more volume was really a cry for real Dynamics, try quieter music with more dynamics and better sterophonic sound, check out some of the songs on my list. I really enjoy them! 

I will. Thanks!

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #24 of 584
Well at least the dt990 isn't as bad as ultrasones...

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #25 of 584
Talking about volume, I have a friend who always have the volume at max on whatever device... Every month, he will have issue like left earpiece not working/right not working/both not working! So turning up volume does not at all benefits either the listener nor the headphones!

Billson xD

Aug 16, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #26 of 584
Quote:
Talking about volume, I have a friend who always have the volume at max on whatever device... Every month, he will have issue like left earpiece not working/right not working/both not working! So turning up volume does not at all benefits either the listener nor the headphones!

Billson xD

Yup, growing up I blew out many a cheap headphone that way my self. although mostly by accident xD 

Aug 16, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #27 of 584
Yup, growing up I blew out many a cheap headphone that way my self. although mostly by accident xD 

I actually broke headphones ones so far and I wish it never happen again :/

It was some Incase Pivot (pretty food for the price), left it in my car. My friend accidentally sat on it and my heart quickly broke into half when I hear no sound from the left earcups... :/ Blame it all on me for leaving it on the passenger seat instead of keeping it nicely...

Billson

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #28 of 584
Quote:
I actually broke headphones ones so far and I wish it never happen again :/

It was some Incase Pivot (pretty food for the price), left it in my car. My friend accidentally sat on it and my heart quickly broke into half when I hear no sound from the left earcups... :/ Blame it all on me for leaving it on the passenger seat instead of keeping it nicely...

Billson

Actually, broken headphones are what got me into Head Fi and Audio Phildia, I busted 3 pairs of Sony MDR V100s... after the third pair I had just discovered Dub Step and I want MOAR bass, that lead me to Head Fi and the Xb 700,soon after I wanted to enjoy my Video Game Ost's more and the Dt 880 introduced me to mids :D since then well, you know here I am ^^

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #29 of 584
Quote:
Actually, broken headphones are what got me into Head Fi and Audio Phildia, I busted 3 pairs of Sony MDR V100s... after the third pair I had just discovered Dub Step and I want MOAR bass, that lead me to Head Fi and the Xb 700,soon after I wanted to enjoy my Video Game Ost's more and the Dt 880 introduced me to mids :D since then well, you know here I am ^^

Yeah, broken headphones probably got a lot of people into hi-fi. I got tired of breaking my cheap Klipsch iems, did my research, and purchased the ath-m50s. After that, the pleather pads were really uncomfortable for me, so I returned them and got the dt880 instead. From there, my hi-fi journey began, and I am really content with my hd600 and UERM.

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #30 of 584
Wow the w1000x has better 3D Imaging that the Dt 990, this album sounds TOTTALLY awsome 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back