Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor
Aug 16, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #31 of 584
Speaking of broken headphones, I've had 3 different pairs of beats before becoming an audiophile. My friend broke my first one and bought me a second one, than another friend broke the second one, so I ended up with a third pair.

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #32 of 584
Speaking of broken headphones, I've had 3 different pairs of beats before becoming an audiophile. My friend broke my first one and bought me a second one, than another friend broke the second one, so I ended up with a third pair.

!!! 3 pairs? So did your friends stopped asking to borrow your headphone or did they quite loving Beats? XD

Anyway, what brought me into Head-Fi here is after I got my XBA-4, and I found out that they sound very different with my different source so I first started searching about impedance etc, then here I am xD

Billson :)

Edit: after I know about how annoying my XBA-4 can be because of the impedance, I started looking into new headphone but now, I am used to the XBA-4 so I give up buying a new pair xD I was so tempted to get the AKG K550 last year but yeah, I drop the chance hehe

Aug 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #33 of 584
Quote:
!!! 3 pairs? So did your friends stopped asking to borrow your headphone or did they quite loving Beats? XD

Anyway, what brought me into Head-Fi here is after I got my XBA-4, and I found out that they sound very different with my different source so I first started searching about impedance etc, then here I am xD

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: after I know about how annoying my XBA-4 can be because of the impedance, I started looking into new headphone but now, I am used to the XBA-4 so I give up buying a new pair xD I was so tempted to get the AKG K550 last year but yeah, I drop the chance hehe

How DARE you speak of the AKG K550, I hate that damn thing... beacuse it SOUNDS SO DMN GOOD xD. I kinda purchased one today, but I kinda can't afford it... so I'm trying to see if my seller will let me have His.my k550 for $30 less than what he asked for, otherwise I'll have to drive to Wal Wart and return about $40 worth of clothes! Which will get my Gas until I can return the Ath A900x I purchased [I thought the K550 would NOT sound as good as it does] and every one agree's the Ath A900x is MORE FUN, than the K550, and the K550 is JUST WHAT I WANTED, a closed can that sounds like a Beyer Dt 880! Something more fun will not fit my bill

So DAMNIT, these Akg K550 sound EPIC, and CRAP I can't afford them [I can but I'd be uber broke for a week] So now that they sound so amazing, I'll have to return my Ath a900x to the buyer [maybe... or I might keep em muhahaha and sell them here on head fi xD] 

Either way the k550 [if they fit and thank gawd they fit  my head] sound like hot magical sex! 

Aug 17, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #34 of 584
How DARE you speak of the AKG K550, I hate that damn thing... beacuse it SOUNDS SO DMN GOOD xD. I kinda purchased one today, but I kinda can't afford it... so I'm trying to see if my seller will let me have His.my k550 for $30 less than what he asked for, otherwise I'll have to drive to Wal Wart and return about $40 worth of clothes! Which will get my Gas until I can return the Ath A900x I purchased [I thought the K550 would NOT sound as good as it does] and every one agree's the Ath A900x is MORE FUN, than the K550, and the K550 is JUST WHAT I WANTED, a closed can that sounds like a Beyer Dt 880! Something more fun will not fit my bill

So DAMNIT, these Akg K550 sound EPIC, and CRAP I can't afford them [I can but I'd be uber broke for a week] So now that they sound so amazing, I'll have to return my Ath a900x to the buyer [maybe... or I might keep em muhahaha and sell them here on head fi xD] 

Either way the k550 [if they fit and thank gawd they fit  my head] sound like hot magical sex! 

HIGH FIVE! THAT is how I excatly feel when the AKG K550 demo unit is sitting next to the AKG K167, Sennheiser Momentum and MDR-1R! I was like DAYUM! I need to have these AKG K550 some day! It's an WELL MADE headphone and I kind of like it over the HD800 + A1 amp combo.. The HD800 just does not sing well with female vocals xD

Aug 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #35 of 584
Quote:
HIGH FIVE! THAT is how I excatly feel when the AKG K550 demo unit is sitting next to the AKG K167, Sennheiser Momentum and MDR-1R! I was like DAYUM! I need to have these AKG K550 some day! It's an WELL MADE headphone and I kind of like it over the HD800 + A1 amp combo.. The HD800 just does not sing well with female vocals xD

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm so pissed lol. I have an Ath a900x that I might not need. But you know what. I can totally sell it on Head Fi, I Paid $93 for it USED on Ebay :xf_eek: super lucky. And honeslty. I'm going to sell it on Head fi for $100 Used, why the $7 charge, to cover the money I will lose in paying for shipping. Either way that's a total Steal for them. Or gawd forbid I some how like them and the w1000x at teh same time 

yea the K550, does NOT have the w1000x, bass thank gawd. 

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #36 of 584
I'm so pissed lol. I have an Ath a900x that I might not need. But you know what. I can totally sell it on Head Fi, I Paid $93 for it USED on Ebay :xf_eek: super lucky. And honeslty. I'm going to sell it on Head fi for $100 Used, why the $7 charge, to cover the money I will lose in paying for shipping. Either way that's a total Steal for them. Or gawd forbid I some how like them and the w1000x at teh same time 

yea the K550, does NOT have the w1000x, bass thank gawd. 

AudiophileFirstWorldProblem

Yea~ it can be hard to choose one headphone out of many headphone that you like xD

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~! ATH-A900x at $100? Interesting XD If I don't like my coming Grado headphone, I will sell it and buy those ATH headphones MUAHAHHAHAHAHA shipping worldwide sir? XD

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #37 of 584
Another reviewer here, been reviewing for nearly 2 years now! But only getting a proper name for myself now.

Main review gear: iPod classic 7G rockboxed > silver LOD > JDS C5 or O2
Also have epiphany acoustics E-DAC
Headphones for reference: Alclair reference monitors.

I value a natural, neutral smooth sound.
I like my highs airy and well defined with good extension.
Lows punchy and tight.
Mids clear and slightly forward sometimes.

Transparency and detail are very important, as well as good imaging. I don't find soundstage to be as important as some as long as the sound is not congested, but I can appreciate a large soundstage
Great stuff! Good luck

Aug 18, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #38 of 584
Quote:
AudiophileFirstWorldProblem

Yea~ it can be hard to choose one headphone out of many headphone that you like xD

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~! ATH-A900x at $100? Interesting XD If I don't like my coming Grado headphone, I will sell it and buy those ATH headphones MUAHAHHAHAHAHA shipping worldwide sir? XD

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm actually going to sell them for about $130, I MIGHT include world wide SHipping in that, as the shipping is going to cost me like $30 JUST TO SHIP out to where u live [shame on you for being so far away] 
Quote:
Another reviewer here, been reviewing for nearly 2 years now! But only getting a proper name for myself now.

Main review gear: iPod classic 7G rockboxed > silver LOD > JDS C5 or O2
Also have epiphany acoustics E-DAC
Headphones for reference: Alclair reference monitors.

I value a natural, neutral smooth sound.
I like my highs airy and well defined with good extension.
Lows punchy and tight.
Mids clear and slightly forward sometimes.

Transparency and detail are very important, as well as good imaging. I don't find soundstage to be as important as some as long as the sound is not congested, but I can appreciate a large soundstage
Great stuff! Good luck

Agree'd. although I like a little mid bass hump in my cans [no more than 3 or 4] it gives the mids a beautiful weight to them, in addition keeps the bass low key but gives it room to breather so to speak, if it needs to be heavy it get's heavy. If it needs to get tight and go deep it does, I will say the k550 has better bass than the w1000x, but the tighter bass does result in a slight loss of body in the mids, again the Beyer Dt 880 was my reference can for a long time, because it had both Tight well controlled punchy bass and weighty mids.

All I need to do now is get a custom cable for my 2 closed cans q.q 

Aug 18, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #39 of 584
I'm actually going to sell them for about $130, I MIGHT include world wide SHipping in that, as the shipping is going to cost me like $30 JUST TO SHIP out to where u live [shame on you for being so far away] 
Agree'd. although I like a little mid bass hump in my cans [no more than 3 or 4] it gives the mids a beautiful weight to them, in addition keeps the bass low key but gives it room to breather so to speak, if it needs to be heavy it get's heavy. If it needs to get tight and go deep it does, I will say the k550 has better bass than the w1000x, but the tighter bass does result in a slight loss of body in the mids, again the Beyer Dt 880 was my reference can for a long time, because it had both Tight well controlled punchy bass and weighty mids.

All I need to do now is get a custom cable for my 2 closed cans q.q 

HAHA... Yeah it's a very small country just glad the tax here are extremely low! XD

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #40 of 584
Quote:
HAHA... Yeah it's a very small country just glad the tax here are extremely low! XD

What is your currency exchange for US? The Euro is about 1.33 for 1dollar, that being said I can afford to ship my Ath a900x to the EU, seeing as I the extra money it costs to ship it can be absorbed by the currencys higher exchange. But I need to really look into the specifics of shipping world wide, I should also mention there is no Delivery and tracking is gawd awful expensive on world wide shipping 

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #41 of 584
What is your currency exchange for US? The Euro is about 1.33 for 1dollar, that being said I can afford to ship my Ath a900x to the EU, seeing as I the extra money it costs to ship it can be absorbed by the currencys higher exchange. But I need to really look into the specifics of shipping world wide, I should also mention there is no Delivery and tracking is gawd awful expensive on world wide shipping 

According to XE, it's BND 1 for US 0.78! Btw, BND 1 = SGD 1 xD

No tracking? D:

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #42 of 584
Quote:
According to XE, it's BND 1 for US 0.78! Btw, BND 1 = SGD 1 xD

No tracking? D:

Ugh tracking for global stuff cost's like $20 with Us Postal Service, which means ur at .78 to 1 dollar 

Your looking at close to 200 BND, and that is ASUMMING it cost me $50 to ship it with tracking q.q 

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #43 of 584
Ugh tracking for global stuff cost's like $20 with Us Postal Service, which means ur at .78 to 1 dollar 

Your looking at close to 200 BND, and that is ASUMMING it cost me $50 to ship it with tracking q.q 

$50 is a lot for shipping D: never knew it can go this high! Guess will have to drop it and continue to wait for Grado SR60i which may not arrive due to curtain issues... Maybe the MA900? Sell my XBA-4 (I doubt I am willing to) and get an amp DAC combo for the MA900? I don't know!! XD I have better budget for headphones last year but this year, too much "other" expenses

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #44 of 584
Quote:
$50 is a lot for shipping D: never knew it can go this high! Guess will have to drop it and continue to wait for Grado SR60i which may not arrive due to curtain issues... Maybe the MA900? Sell my XBA-4 (I doubt I am willing to) and get an amp DAC combo for the MA900? I don't know!! XD I have better budget for headphones last year but this year, too much "other" expenses

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

yea $50 is a lot for shipping, lol and you live like half way across the globe from me xD 

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #45 of 584
Quote:

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Lol. They knew that beats were fragile, but all of them ended up buying beats. At least the last time my friend broke my pair, I just made him pay for it, and bought the SE215 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back