So what's the word on the new Ultrasone HFI-780????
Mar 15, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #1,231 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I almost sent my 780s back when I first heard them. Awful. No bass and very screechy highs.

Had exactly the same sound out of the box the first time. Need at least 3 hours of burn in to "activate" bass.

Cans are now good after 100 hours of burn in however one problem remains : They are not comfortable on me. damn !

Looking for a comfort mod
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #1,232 of 2,328
Mine are starting to sound better but not as open as my 750's which throw a beautiful landscape of music when the recording is good. They are a different view point, which is fine as long as the sound is good.

Mar 15, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #1,233 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by helios4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had exactly the same sound out of the box the first time. Need at least 3 hours of burn in to "activate" bass.

Cans are now good after 100 hours of burn in however one problem remains : They are not comfortable on me. damn !

Looking for a comfort mod
smily_headphones1.gif

Did you stretch out the headband?

Mar 15, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #1,234 of 2,328
I find the pressure takes time to adjust and the ear pads to form but I think Ultrasone could have worked much harder on the fit and feel. I think sometimes companies are lazy as this isn't rocket science.

Mar 15, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #1,236 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly it doesn't stretch out much. Another comfort thing I have is with the top cushion. It's actually quite hard on the top of my head!

Maybe I'm just getting used to it, but I felt the same way at first. I left them all day on top of a chair that put the pads pretty far apart, and now they are actually really comfortable!

Mar 15, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #1,237 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I'm just getting used to it, but I felt the same way at first. I left them all day on top of a chair that put the pads pretty far apart, and now they are actually really comfortable!

I stretched mine out as well, much much better. Before if you left the cups pointed toward each other it would still clamp back together if you pulled them apart. Now, the cups can stay away from each other for about 1/4 inch, which apparently is stretched enough for me.

I honestly felt like returning these at first, but I stuck with it (also since it looks like RMC doesn't let you return headphones).

Mar 16, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #1,238 of 2,328
Quote:

Honestly it doesn't stretch out much. Another comfort thing I have is with the top cushion. It's actually quite hard on the top of my head!

Mind stretched out enough - I put it on the bedpost for 2 days like it was a head, and it loosened the grip up by at least an inch.

Mar 16, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #1,239 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mind stretched out enough - I put it on the bedpost for 2 days like it was a head, and it loosened the grip up by at least an inch.

I did that too. I actually stretched them over a box that's wider than my head for over 4 days while they were burning in.

Mar 16, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #1,240 of 2,328
Quote:

I did that too. I actually stretched them over a box that's wider than my head for over 4 days while they were burning in.

Thanks to you and Headphoneaddict. This was the one thing really stoping me from ordering a set. They look so much like 280Pros<--- which I have and for the life of me I can not wear them more than 30mins. The Clamping force is just too much. If I could get the 780's to be as half as comfortable as my K701's I'd be happy. I cant believe I'm about to order another pair of headphones that need 200-300 hours of burn in. I said I'd never do it again after the 701's I must be crazy.

Mar 16, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #1,241 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndskyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to you and Headphoneaddict. This was the one thing really stoping me from ordering a set. They look so much like 280Pros<--- which I have and for the life of me I can not wear them more than 30mins. The Clamping force is just too much. If I could get the 780's to be as half as comfortable as my K701's I'd be happy. I cant believe I'm about to order another pair of headphones that need 200-300 hours of burn in. I said I'd never do it again after the 701's I must be crazy.

You will enjoy them no doubt!

Mar 16, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #1,243 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I may get these.

Is there anyplace that sells them for a reasonable price that would ship to New Zealand?

I think America has the cheapest price anywhere at RMC audio, but they don't ship outside of the states. I sent you a PM about it.

Mar 16, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #1,244 of 2,328
I am really considering buying these headphones, but i have a couple questions:

Are they better than the last version the HFI 700's, which got great reviews everywhere i looked?

What is the difference between the HFI and the Pro line models for Ultrasone?

Do they work really well with an ipod, because that is what i am going to be using them for.

They are not noise cancelling, but do they do a good job of keeping music in and outside noise out?

Lastly, ive heard that rmc audio has the best price on these headphones and i emailed them and got a link for buying them for 200, but are they a reliable and good site. Thank You

Mar 16, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #1,245 of 2,328
All the answers you seek are in this thread. There havent been any complaints about RMC (other than changing their method of shipping, from Fed-ex to UPS) The pro line have detachable cords and a hard case for the phones. You can use the 780's with Ipods, but they will be better suited with an amp, and they do well at noise isolation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back