So many choices...
Oct 4, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #48 of 68
lol man... i joined just so i can sell some gear and get new gear... not this!

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #49 of 68

Quote:
lol man... i joined just so i can sell some gear and get new gear... not this!

Welcome to Head-Fi! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #51 of 68
I still think nwavguy makes a good point about the rise of portable sources, and the high output impedance of more 'traditional' sources/speaker amp HP stages. The days of someone sitting in front of an ancient receiver with a pair of K340s are behind us.

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #52 of 68

Quote:
I still think nwavguy makes a good point about the rise of portable sources, and the high output impedance of more 'traditional' sources/speaker amp HP stages. The days of someone sitting in front of an ancient receiver with a pair of K340s are behind us.

Maybe in this forum, but in others, vintage stuff is rather en vogue. Quite relative.

Very best,

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #53 of 68

Quote:
I = V/R    

I and R ...one goes up the other goes up... one goes down other goes down.

I and R... higher the current (I) higher the resistance (R)... lower the current (I) lower the resistance (R)

change in current (I) results a change in resistance (R)...... a change in R (what you stated) does not necessarily imply (I) has to change. physical factor like cable thickness, length, cable material, temp... all can change R 

"opposing current" has nothing to do with this... are you trying to say AC power?

You've got your maths backwards for one, and secondly, this is not on topic. So please first: Only make posts that help the OP and keep the thread on topic and, second, review your maths. 
smile.gif

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #54 of 68
guys electrical resistance can be changed in many ways... changing the gauge of the wire, changing the wire eg from copper to silver to steel, changing the temperature of the conductance... so on and one of this is current.

we all know you can google ohm's law... ohm's law is based on relation between 3 factors 3!!! AHHHH!!!  Voltage + current + resistance

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #55 of 68

Quote:
guys electrical resistance can be changed in many ways... changing the gauge of the wire, changing the wire eg from copper to silver to steel, changing the temperature of the conductance... so on and one of this is current.

we all know you can google ohm's law... ohm's law is based on relation between 3 factors 3!!! AHHHH!!!  Voltage + current + resistance

If all of them are variables then what's the point? Anyway, the case is over. Stay on topic.

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #56 of 68
exactly all variables can change the result... a pineapple pizza is determined buy the sum of its parts not 3 toppings

but yes 250ohm is more ideal for portable use

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #58 of 68

Quote:
Please explain that.

Very best,

600ohm headphones require a more powerful amp to drive them, powerful amp cost more in general, powerful amp are normally bigger, big brick of an amp is more cumbersome to carry

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #59 of 68

Quote:

600ohm headphones require a more powerful amp to drive them, powerful amp cost more in general, powerful amp are normally bigger, big brick of an amp is more cumbersome to carry

So you're saying 250ohm is ideal. Again, please explain how this is ideal over lower impedance offerings for portable use. By what you're saying, 250ohm is superior to anything lower. So again, please justify that.

Very best,

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #60 of 68

Quote:
So you're saying 250ohm is ideal. Again, please explain how this is ideal over lower impedance offerings for portable use. By what you're saying, 250ohm is superior to anything lower. So again, please justify that.

Very best,

I am saying the 250ohm DT770 is ideal if the DT770 was his choice... here is my view on the matter

The article on ``Inner Fidelity`` is a good one to read on differences between the DT880 32ohm,250 and 600, to give a general idea what ohm differences might imply at least for Beyerd higher DT series

I would not recommend any 250ohm as the ideal portable headphone but for the DT770 the 250ohm is more ideal then 32ohm DT770... and the reason is it appears more then just a few head fi members state that 250ohm sounds better then the 32ohm version when properly powered and when 250ohm is underpowered it does not sound much worse if any then the 32ohm. Wyatta4 also stated he or she is considering a DAC... a decent DAC would power the 250ohm DT770 sufficiently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back