So many choices...
Sep 29, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #16 of 68

Quote:
And what is the difference between the PRO version, 32 OHM, 250OHM, and 600 OHM models?....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more

I personally prefer the HFI-580's but you really can't go wrong with either.

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #18 of 68
prob should be looking at the pros for your budget, you might need to get a better amp otherwise

Quote:
So I would most likely want the DT770 250OHM, correct? I plan on getting or making a Mcoy amp soon, too..
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

EDIT: And BTW that link Mal posted on amazon is the lowest price I have ever seen for those.

EDIT2: I thought he had posted these http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Pro-80-Closed-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0016MNAAI/ref=sr_1_19?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1317347962&sr=1-19 I think these are what you need.

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #23 of 68
If you want a more bass of version of the sr80i try the Alessandro ms1i

I think I want to stick with more closed back phones...
I've started listening to my Sonys more and maybe I'm breaking them in or something cause they sound better than they used to..
So the DT770s I think are what I'm going to get... Would a starving students amp work well with it? About how much do they cost to construct? It would be a a good started project I believe..

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #24 of 68

Quote:
Hey everyone I hope you don't rip me apart for making a new post but I am just so lost.
I really love music, and crappy music bugs the heck out of me. I want something that sounds awesome but I am a Highschooler on a budget(no pitty needed). I have about 100 to spend on a pair. I bought a pair of Sony MDR7506s and I want to upgrade.. I didnt really find them that great. (they r for sale btw). So I was doing some research and see a lot of arrows pointing towards Grado Sr80i.. Any input? Better choices? I love bass. I listen to pretty well All types of music too..
Thank you for any help. I really appreciate it. There are just so many headphones out there..

ms1i recommendation was for your original post.

I too am a student, the open ms1i are not ideal for school use. The closed rout is a better choice for louder school environments.
Never tried or owned the DT770 but i do have the HD580 that is 300ohm, my pa2v2 does not power them very well. Especially the bass, mid way of the bass note it seems the drivers loss the will to live and the bass dies off due to lack of power. I imagine the 250ohm DT770 would be just as hard to drive. The Cmoy amp you are planing to build should power it decently but i would recommend getting an easier to drive headphone or a more powerful amp.

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #25 of 68

Quote:
Hey everyone I hope you don't rip me apart for making a new post but I am just so lost.
I really love music, and crappy music bugs the heck out of me. I want something that sounds awesome but I am a Highschooler on a budget(no pitty needed). I have about 100 to spend on a pair. I bought a pair of Sony MDR7506s and I want to upgrade.. I didnt really find them that great. (they r for sale btw). So I was doing some research and see a lot of arrows pointing towards Grado Sr80i.. Any input? Better choices? I love bass. I listen to pretty well All types of music too..
Thank you for any help. I really appreciate it. There are just so many headphones out there..

If I was you, I'd beg my parents for a set of HD 650s for Christmas and pay for the Fii0 E9 amp.  Then get a discreet DAC later.

I have the Sr80i.  They're great for rock, but the HD 650s are just....sublime.

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #26 of 68

Quote:
If I was you, I'd beg my parents for a set of HD 650s for Christmas and pay for the Fii0 E9 amp.  Then get a discreet DAC later.

I would never count on that. My parents think I'm crazy for spending $180. 
tongue.gif

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #27 of 68
So am I going to lose quality by going with the pros instead of the 250OHM??... And yeah, in my dreams. My parents would never pay for those headphones haha.. They are going to chew me out for spending as much as in going to on there DT770s... Ha

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #28 of 68
And what kind of amp should I get? What kind of DAC should I look into? (I have a onkyo if I am thinking of the same thing.. It's my step dads old one for the tv.. It's kinda... Well... Junk. Haha

Oct 3, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #29 of 68
The higher the current (measured in ohms) the stronger the electromagnet is inside the driver... therefore it should have more control over the diaphragm, considering everything else is equal like diaphragm weight.

If you want to stick with Fiio the E10 DAC+AMP seems good, I don't own one but got good reviews.

Oct 3, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #30 of 68

Quote:
The higher the current (measured in ohms) the stronger the electromagnet is inside the driver... therefore it should have more control over the diaphragm, considering everything else is equal like diaphragm weight.

If you want to stick with Fiio the E10 DAC+AMP seems good, I don't own one but got good reviews.

Get your facts right. Since when is current measured in Ohms? That is resistance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back