So many choices...
Oct 3, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #31 of 68

Quote:
Get your facts right. Since when is current measured in Ohms? That is resistance. 

my bad I meant "resistance" high resistance means more "current" is flowing through... or the opposite is true, low current = lower resistance 

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #32 of 68

Quote:

my bad I meant "resistance" high resistance means more "current" is flowing through... or the opposite is true, low current = lower resistance 

Then again, you need to get your facts right. Higher resistance means less current going through. Lower resistance allows more current to pass through. Think of it this way, resistance is like bouncers that blocks you from entering an alleyway. More bouncers = less people that can get through = less flow.

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #33 of 68

Quote:
Then again, you need to get your facts right. Higher resistance means less current going through. Lower resistance allows more current to pass through. Think of it this way, resistance is like bouncers that blocks you from entering an alleyway. More bouncers = less people that can get through = less flow.

lol no this time I am fine. Current (I) going throw a gauge x length: cause a value of resistance(R)... thinner the wire + longer the length of wire cause a higher resistance OR more current you can put through the wire also cause a higher resistance (R)

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #34 of 68

Quote:
lol no this time I am fine. Current (I) going throw a gauge x length: cause a value of resistance(R)... thinner the wire + longer the length of wire cause a higher resistance OR more current you can put through the wire also cause a higher resistance (R)

I=V/R More resistance, less current. I think what you're trying to say is the opposing current which is resistance. 

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #35 of 68
I = V/R    

I and R ...one goes up the other goes up... one goes down other goes down.

I and R... higher the current (I) higher the resistance (R)... lower the current (I) lower the resistance (R)

change in current (I) results a change in resistance (R)...... a change in R (what you stated) does not necessarily imply (I) has to change. physical factor like cable thickness, length, cable material, temp... all can change R 

"opposing current" has nothing to do with this... are you trying to say AC power?

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #36 of 68

Quote:
I = V/R    

I and R ...one goes up the other goes up... one goes down other goes down.

I and R... higher the current (I) higher the resistance (R)... lower the current (I) lower the resistance (R)

change in current (I) results a change in resistance (R)...... a change in R (what you stated) does not necessarily imply (I) has to change. physical factor like cable thickness, length, cable material, temp... all can change R 

"opposing current" has nothing to do with this... are you trying to say AC power?

I would argue with you no more. 

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #39 of 68
lol thanks but I don't need a furry elephant to teach me physics

lower the resistance, higher the current <---(this is what you said and it can be right!!! but you have just focus on this one statement where ever you learned this... there is a 3rd variable)

that 1st statement is right but DOES NOT make mine; this 2nd statement wrong

high current cause the high resistance (given all other factors are equal, eg same wire gauge) <--- this is also right
faster something flows the more resistance there is to slow it down... if you put 220V of voltage through a wire all is dandy. Use the same wire and put 800V of electrical potential energy, that wire heats up and melts and catches on fire, why? high voltage means each electron have high energy to push at a great force trough the wire, this faster flowing electrons is subjected to more resistance when they try to pass matter and gives off heat.

not sure what your education background is or how long you graduated but that is just how it works... if you feel like you too have graduated high school and taken 3rd year uni physics recently, message me I am sure we have some things in common and we can chat physics... cheers

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #40 of 68
This battle is hilarious, even busting out credentials... one things for sure neither of you is gonna be teaching physics or actually EE anytime soon cause your explanations are more confusing than original questions. still worth this
popcorn.gif

To the OP just get the pros it will be easier for you deal with and just enjoy the music. I don't think you will get upgraditis too soon either.

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #41 of 68
Heya,

Quote:
And what is the difference between the PRO version, 32 OHM, 250OHM, and 600 OHM models?..

Miniscule differences. I would suggest not worrying about it, and rather, get one that suits your budget and other equipment as a whole.

Quote:
Do you have all of these headphones? 

Yea, heh. It's kind of embarrassing outside of this forum I suppose.

Very best,

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #42 of 68

Quote:

high current cause the high resistance (given all other factors are equal, eg same wire gauge) <--- this is also right
faster something flows the more resistance there is to slow it down... if you put 220V of voltage through a wire all is dandy. Use the same wire and put 800V of electrical potential energy, that wire heats up and melts and catches on fire, why? high voltage means each electron have high energy to push at a great force trough the wire, this faster flowing electrons is subjected to more resistance when they try to pass matter and gives off heat.

Here is my 2 cent.
If both headphone were to use the same wire gauge, higher current would create a higher resistance but at the same  time it would cause the wire to short. But a lower current should not cause the internal resistance of the wire to drop.

Waiting to see how this end 
popcorn.gif

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #45 of 68
http://www.physics.uoguelph.ca/phyjlh/Fendt/phe/ohmslaw.htm

Another applet. This time, it's from the physics department of a Canadian university. Play around with it. Try lowering and increasing the resistance - see if the current goes up or down. 
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back