So many choices...
Sep 28, 2011 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

Wyatta4

Head-Fier
Hey everyone I hope you don't rip me apart for making a new post but I am just so lost.

I really love music, and crappy music bugs the heck out of me. I want something that sounds awesome but I am a Highschooler on a budget(no pitty needed). I have about 100 to spend on a pair. I bought a pair of Sony MDR7506s and I want to upgrade.. I didnt really find them that great. (they r for sale btw). So I was doing some research and see a lot of arrows pointing towards Grado Sr80i.. Any input? Better choices? I love bass. I listen to pretty well All types of music too..

Thank you for any help. I really appreciate it. There are just so many headphones out there..

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Sep 28, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #2 of 68
Hello Man. 
i assume they need to be portable? isolation is important? 

Sep 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #4 of 68
Grados aren't big on bass, but they're sufficient. But if you didn't like the sound of the Sony you had, I would point you in the direction of Grado. The SR80i is probably what you need right now to rekindle your faith in audio equipment. Another great choice would be the KRK KNS 6400, which sound fairly Grado-esque, but are 1) more comfortable, 2) closed so no sound leaks out. They're my go-to headphones and I love them.

Sep 28, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #7 of 68
I would get the AKG K240 Studios. They sound great for the price (especially in bass) and they are the most comfortable headphone I've ever used.

Sep 28, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #9 of 68
I can't say, I've never heard the 7506. But I do believe that they are the best $100 headphones you can get, for me at least. I doubt you're going to see a huge difference in sound quality with any cans until you hit the $150 mark.

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #12 of 68
Quote:
And what is in the 150 range?..

BeyerDynamic DT770 PRO
Shure SRH750 DJ
Ultrasone HFI 580
Denon D1100

Very best,

Ok, im really attracted to the BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro for some reason.. I Google it and noticed there were a bunch of different models and years that they were made.. What do I get? And does it have the coiled wire or is it just straight?.. I hate the coiled BS..

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #13 of 68

Quote:
Ok, im really attracted to the BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro for some reason.. I Google it and noticed there were a bunch of different models and years that they were made.. What do I get? And does it have the coiled wire or is it just straight?.. I hate the coiled BS..

Heya,

Here ya go, good price for a new one.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back