Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #3,842 of 46,535
Both HD 650 and HD 600 will not be discontinued just yet. They'll be around for awhile longer 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Yeah 650's aren't discontinued, although 600's will be soon from what I've heard.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jul 27, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #3,843 of 46,535
A Sennheiser dealer told me that Sennheiser will be discontinuing the 600's soon. Warranties will still be good, of course, but you won't get a brand new one if you send it in - instead the only choice they'll have is to repair it.

Jul 27, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #3,844 of 46,535
Oh man, my listening experience is already getting better. I really need to sleep, but I can't stop listening. This is bad...

Jul 27, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #3,846 of 46,535

Quote:
absolutely awesome out of the ZDSE. 

No doubt!  I got to do some listening at Craig's station at CanJam L.A., and the ZD + HD650's was one of the most enjoyable combos I heard all day.  

He had a beautiful TT setup, and allowed us to throw on a copy of the HDS Sessions w/ Norman Blake, Sam Bush, Dave Holland, Tut Taylor, etc.  That rig did serious justice to "Sauerkraut and Solar Energy" which is a true benchmark recording for stringed instruments and double-bass, in my view.

Jul 27, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #3,847 of 46,535

Quote:

No doubt!  I got to do some listening at Craig's station at CanJam L.A., and the ZD + HD650's was one of the most enjoyable combos I heard all day.  

He had a beautiful TT setup, and allowed us to throw on a copy of the HDS Sessions w/ Norman Blake, Sam Bush, Dave Holland, Tut Taylor, etc.  That rig did serious justice to "Saerkraut and Solar Energy" which is a true benchmark recording for stringed instruments and double-bass, in my view.

Craigs actually gonna be at the meet in buena park on aug 7th.  maybe u can make your way down from pasadena.  

Jul 27, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #3,848 of 46,535

Quote:
man i love the sound from these things.  absolutely awesome out of the ZDSE.  i wish i didnt order that T1 a month ago (still not here) and just went with these.  

I was expecting as much. 
biggrin.gif
  If you have any comments, I'm interested in how the ZDSE affects the HD650 in terms of its detail resolution, mid-range, and bass. Have you ever felt the 650 was bass heavy and top light? Source?

Jul 27, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #3,849 of 46,535
never felt it was bass heavy.  i felt its a little top light.  but not now.  its no means bright but i think its pleasant. detail is great. its been a while since i heard these last but from what i remember, the detail resolution is what stands out for me.  great detail, midrange is great, bass might not be as controlled as with other headphones like the T1 though. 

Jul 27, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #3,850 of 46,535

Quote:
Craigs actually gonna be at the meet in buena park on aug 7th.  maybe u can make your way down from pasadena.  

Good to know!  I could definitely use another dose of Eddie Current goodness.  I've got the event on my calendar and will hopefully make it out.

Jul 27, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #3,851 of 46,535

Quote:
never felt it was bass heavy.  i felt its a little top light.  but not now.  its no means bright but i think its pleasant. detail is great. its been a while since i heard these last but from what i remember, the detail resolution is what stands out for me.  great detail, midrange is great, bass might not be as controlled as with other headphones like the T1 though. 

Excellent, thanks. The ZDSE is definitely on my to do list, and I should probably be prepared to have both the 600 and 650.

Jul 27, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #3,854 of 46,535
well i paided import tax on my amp and they said it will be with me the day after i pay it so my amp should be here tomoz.

getting in some important listening time.

i got classic,rock,funk,jazz,pop, everything i can think of throwing at the amp tomoz im playing today so i have a good comparison.

Jul 27, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #3,855 of 46,535

Quote:

Excellent, thanks. The ZDSE is definitely on my to do list, and I should probably be prepared to have both the 600 and 650.

as i described to another member/friend of mine here,  the hd650 is smooth. it relaxes you and theres no feeling of listening to each note or nuance.  with the hd800 (on a lesser system) i felt like it was so analytical, that iw as listening to notes and sounds instead of music.  with these, i listen to the music.  the positioning/imaging are awesome.   

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back