REVIEW SUMMARY: A ranking of 32 tube and tube/hybrid headphone amps
Mar 7, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #61 of 484
Skylab, can't you get your hands on Bottlehead SEX?
This would be interesting...
smile.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #62 of 484
Interesting that the big Darkvoice is right up there with the SinglePower. Sure wish someone would send you a 337SE with rolled tubes. Could it be the sweet spot in the $1K range?

Of course we'd love to see how you rate the Experience 1 and also the new ALO Amphora, also around a grand each.

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #64 of 484
I will be getting a review sample of the new ALO/RedWineAudio amp.

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #66 of 484
Great job Skylab!!!!

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #67 of 484
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdumeny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a problem linking to your #1 review - in case others have similar problems, here's the link that worked for me:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/r...ne-amp-368375/

Marcel

Thank you! It's fixed.

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #68 of 484
DV 337SE is a great value but dollar for dollar SP might give you a little bit more, especially now that you can get a pre-loved MPX3 for $600-$800. There are definitely serious issues with Singlepower customer service and if I had to repair any SP, I'd resort to local help. But that being said, I am sure sending Darkvoice to China is no picnic either :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lornecherry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting that the big Darkvoice is right up there with the SinglePower. Sure wish someone would send you a 337SE with rolled tubes. Could it be the sweet spot in the $1K range?

Of course we'd love to see how you rate the Experience 1 and also the new ALO Amphora, also around a grand each.

Mar 28, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #69 of 484
I will soon be adding an review of the updated Yarland P100, and the Musical Paradise MP-301 6V6 Mini Tube Amp.

Mar 28, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #71 of 484
We'll, since the C-2C is a solid state amp, it won't be on this list
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #72 of 484
Newbie here and first head-fi post. Just want to thank skylab for all this work -- sounds like a true labor of love.

I just took delivery of an ASL MG Head Mk. III and really love it with my hd-650s, but I see the review for the older version is no longer active -- can I assume because it is no longer available? Have you heard the Mk. III yet?

I also have a Millet MiniMAX and Bottlehead s.e.x. amp under construction, but it will be a while yet before those are making music.

-- Jim

Mar 28, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #73 of 484
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We'll, since the C-2C is a solid state amp, it won't be on this list
smily_headphones1.gif

I understand but I think that some qualities are objective and without considering the merits of the dispute SS vs Tube, in any case I will wait for your opinion
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #74 of 484
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrebman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just took delivery of an ASL MG Head Mk. III and really love it with my hd-650s, but I see the review for the older version is no longer active -- can I assume because it is no longer available? Have you heard the Mk. III yet?

Thanks. Sorry, but I have not heard the newest version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I understand but I think that some qualities are objective and without considering the merits of the dispute SS vs Tube, in any case I will wait for your opinion
wink.gif

OK I gotcha. Will definitely be placing the C-2C in the pantheon of amps I have heard
wink.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #75 of 484
Just as an FYI, I have posted an updated review on the Yarland P100, having auditioned the very much updated 2009 model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back