REVIEW SUMMARY: A ranking of 32 tube and tube/hybrid headphone amps
Jan 20, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #31 of 484
Thanks for all your hard work, we would never get to hear all of these amps. This list of reviews helped me to make a more informed choice in my price range.
I think you deserve more than one beer!
Cnocmoy.

Jan 20, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #32 of 484
Quote:

Originally Posted by holdendebeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rob, your value to the Head-Fi community cannot be overstated. Thank you for the hours and hours you spend reviewing equipment and sharing your opinions. People pay money for this kind of information.

I would like to buy you a beer at the next opportunity
beerchug.gif

WOOHOO! Come to the next ChiUniFi meet and I will take you up on that beer
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #33 of 484
Where does Woo Audio 6 and 6SE falls in?

Jan 20, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #34 of 484
Unfortunately I cannot say - I have never heard a Woo6.

Feb 5, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #36 of 484
Hi skylab,

My first post here. I'm torn between Emmeline II The Raptor and Decware CSP2. Having heard both amps, can you give me the difference and similarities between the two? My music preference is Jazz and male/female vocals, small jazz ensemble, and occasional R&B. Please help me choose between the two. Source would be the Meridian 508. And what will be a better choice of headphone from your chosen amp? I'm leaning towards the Grados or the Senns whatever might suite the amp of your choice.

Thanks.

Feb 5, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #37 of 484
Both amps are excellent. I'm sure you would enjoy them both. The CSP-2 is less expensive, and in the same league sonically, so perhaps that might impact your decision.

In either case we are talking about OTL amps and Grados are not a good choice due to their low impedance. Senns or Beyers would be great choices.

Feb 5, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #38 of 484
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both amps are excellent. I'm sure you would enjoy them both. The CSP-2 is less expensive, and in the same league sonically, so perhaps that might impact your decision.

In either case we are talking about OTL amps and Grados are not a good choice due to their low impedance. Senns or Beyers would be great choices.

Thanks Skylab. Much appreciated.

Mar 4, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #41 of 484
Actually I know nothing about the Ming Mc66 - and I couldn't find it on Pacific Valve's website...

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #44 of 484
Skylab, I just wanted to throw another thank you into the mix. These cumulative reviews with personal ranking are immensely helpful in the shopping process for many and I can only imagine just how much it takes in personal resources to get it together.

That said I just ordered a tube amp not even mentioned on your list lol : ). I had a credit to use, otherwise it would have been one of the best amps I could afford from your list. Best Wishes!

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #45 of 484
Quote:

Originally Posted by dario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's this one:
Meixing electronics factory
wink.gif

No, the Ming-Da MC84-C-07 would be the higher-end amp in the Ming-Da line-up for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back