[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jul 14, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #1,456 of 7,021
Soundbear actually sent his pair back in to be fixed, so all is well there. He loves the new pair and prefers the sound to the 1P2

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #1,457 of 7,021
... I don't even know who is trolling whom anymore :l

And the G-2 is far from dark. It's not necessarily lacking in treble even against the KURO. I still prefer the G-2 cause I get the sizzle and sparkle without the heat

You're gonna think I'm nuts then lol, but I don't find the SUI to be harsh or hot in the treble at all. While the G-2 might not have more treble, I find it hotter than the SUI so far.

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #1,458 of 7,021
Quote:
You're gonna think I'm nuts then lol, but I don't find the SUI to be harsh or hot in the treble at all.

x2

Quote:
... Rin is commenting on his measurements, not on listening impressions. In the context of FR graphs, "extremely harsh treble" pretty much means "wild up and down swings in treble" (in this case a sharp notch at 6kHz in between two steep spikes).

... I don't perceive the SUI's treble as offensive either. So, from my point of view as a listener, I'd say that a "harsh frequency response" doesn't necessarily translate into something I'd describe as "harsh sounding". However, in case of the SUI, I feel that their highs sound slightly thin and sometimes bordering on sharp, which emphasizes detail, but sacrifices a bit of transparency.

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #1,459 of 7,021
Quote:
Wow I'm sorry. You should make the dog pay for your expenses.

Such advice does not surprise me after seeing the following which was written only two days ago:

Quote:
eke2k6 said:
... I have had to satiate myself by viciously beating my dog, who in turn bites my legs while I sleep.

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #1,460 of 7,021
any tips recomendation guys ? need as list incase some of them are not avail in my country =) 

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #1,461 of 7,021
Quote:

Such advice does not surprise me after seeing the following which was written only two days ago:

lol its ok my dog had gotten me lots of tail..."if you know what i mean"  i think she has earned her place LOL 

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #1,462 of 7,021
Eke, in case you overlooked my pm`s, would you like me to send a few tracks that I feel demonstrate what the SD3 is all about?
I think I wrote in my review something along the lines of "once you have understood why it sounds the way it does..."   seems pretty spot on with your initial findings. 
May be worth reading my review again once you have listened more. Pleased you have them and play with the seal also, deep is where it`s at.

Carlsan is right about this weird bass comment that it is always there. How can something be there if it was never in the track? Built in bass stabs or something?

Enjoy Eke.

Stu

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #1,463 of 7,021
Eke, willing to test mids presentation and tonal richness... then this 4U:

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #1,464 of 7,021
lol its ok my dog had gotten me lots of tail..."if you know what i mean"  i think she has earned her place LOL 

I also enjoy dog tail soup from time to time.

Eke, in case you overlooked my pm`s, would you like me to send a few tracks that I feel demonstrate what the SD3 is all about?
I think I wrote in my review something along the lines of "once you have understood why it sounds the way it does..."   seems pretty spot on with your initial findings. 
May be worth reading my review again once you have listened more. Pleased you have them and play with the seal also, deep is where it`s at.

Hi Stu. I was actually waiting for your pm's.

I think I understand the SD3's strengths and weaknesses. It really reminds me of my old asg-1.2 in terms of tuning. I also read your review and found it very interesting.

Eke, willing to test mids presentation and tonal richness... then this 4U:

Thanks, Ginny. I'll listen when I wake up. It's 4:30 am here, and I still haven't gone to bed. I've stayed up watching shows on Netflix.

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #1,465 of 7,021
Ah ok mate, will sort them out today.

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #1,466 of 7,021
Eke, good night mate... i had slept only 5 hours, went too late and was woken up around 9 am and could not go back to bed anymore :frowning2:
damn, i sleep like a baby (not wake and no cry) but if wake i cannot anymore.... hate myself and envy you.

btw, seems dogs like ASG2 a lot 
tongue.gif
 especially if served together with bacon and eggs...
wink_face.gif

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #1,467 of 7,021
hey guys just got my ASG-2 by courier again ( good thing my local retailer had just two left !!! ) ...now have 2 iem boxes and 10 pairs of the tips hahahah , i have not been able to get a good fit with the stock buds that they provide...so i decided to try the Sony hybrid Tips that came free with my previous walkman , awesome fit ! and sounding awesome...i dont buy the "burning in" theory for 1 reason , if burning in the product would make it better then why dont they burn them in before packing them up ? is it not shooting them selves in the foot if they can make the product better by altering the manufacturing process alittle ??? i know its not practical for mass production items , but definetly for items which have the claim of " hand made" like customs or $1000++tier IEMS or TOTL headphones or even High end amps...

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #1,468 of 7,021
I've got Sony hybrids on mine at the moment too. Noticeably more comfy than the Auvio to my ears, not sure about SQ differences yet.

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #1,469 of 7,021
hey guys just got my ASG-2 by courier again ( good thing my local retailer had just two left !!! ) ...now have 2 iem boxes and 10 pairs of the tips hahahah , i have not been able to get a good fit with the stock buds that they provide...so i decided to try the Sony hybrid Tips that came free with my previous walkman , awesome fit ! and sounding awesome...i dont buy the "burning in" theory for 1 reason , if burning in the product would make it better then why dont they burn them in before packing them up ? is it not shooting them selves in the foot if they can make the product better by altering the manufacturing process alittle ??? i know its not practical for mass production items , but definetly for items which have the claim of " hand made" like customs or $1000++tier IEMS or TOTL headphones or even High end amps...

I'm fairly confident that burn in exists. In this case, the manufacturers would agree. It just wouldn't be practical to burn in every pair of headphones individually. That process would likely have to follow final assembly, and would cost time, space, and equipment. Not to mention impatient customers.
Many transducer manufacturers burn in their products at that stage, but not all. IIRC, burn in is part of the manufacturing process for some BA drivers, as far as QA goes.

Either way I'm giving my set 100 hours or so to see if they change at all. I don't expect momentous change, but I'm hoping they mellow out a bit.

I've got Sony hybrids on mine at the moment too. Noticeably more comfy than the Auvio to my ears, not sure about SQ differences yet.

Don't the hybrid tips have smaller bores? Wonder how that affects the sound. I should try that today.

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #1,470 of 7,021
I generally only manually burn IEMs in if they sounds like crap or I'm in a rush :p. I tend to like to listen to them though and notice the changes as I go. In a way it's an experience on it own :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back