[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jul 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #1,471 of 7,021
I've been spending my morning listening to the SD3 and G2.

The SD3 is a solid tier to two below the G2 in every way, and I really mean every way.

Sinth was kind enough to send me a few (pretty great) tracks, and I'll sneak a couple of them into the comparison. I'm going to jot down my thoughts now, then piece everything together when I get in front of a real keyboard. I might head to my campus library tonight to do so.

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #1,472 of 7,021
Quote:
I've been spending my morning listening to the SD3 and G2.

The SD3 is a solid tier to two below the G2 in every way, and I really mean every way.

Sinth was kind enough to send me a few (pretty great) tracks, and I'll sneak a couple of them into the comparison. I'm going to jot down my thoughts now, then piece everything together when I get in front of a real keyboard. I might head to my campus library tonight to do so.

That folks is scary, wow.

Jul 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #1,474 of 7,021
That folks is scary, wow.

I obviously don't have the SD3, but ask anyone who knows me here and they'll tell you I'm an "I'll believe when I hear it" kind of guy and while I've only spent precious little time with the ASG-2 so far, I can say that it is almost shockingly capable, for what that's worth.

Jul 14, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #1,475 of 7,021
Quote:
It'd be good to contrast your comparison of the two with carlson

I'll do a one to one comparison when I get the SD3's back, Eke has my pair.
I do believe that he is right in saying that the ASG2's are a step up. That is what I am hearing as well.
I don't think I agree on the ASG 1.2 comparison I would put the SD3 up a step or two above those, which I should add is not a bad thing as I always thought the ASG 1.2 were excellent at their price level.

But we will see his descriptions later today or tomorrow, I should think.

So far, to me anyway, Eke's comparison's aren't so much showing the weakness of the SD3, which I think are an excellent earphone, but more the incredible strengths of the ASG-2's which way rise above their price point and is equal or better to $1,000 earphones.

Jul 14, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #1,476 of 7,021
Quote:
I'll do a one to one comparison when I get the SD3's back, Eke has my pair.
I do believe that he is right in saying that the ASG2's are a step up. That is what I am hearing as well.
I don't think I agree on the ASG 1.2 comparison I would put the SD3 up a step or two above those, which I should add is not a bad thing as I always thought the ASG 1.2 were excellent at their price level.

But we will see his descriptions later today or tomorrow, I should think.

So far, to me anyway, Eke's comparison's aren't so much showing the weakness of the SD3, which I think are an excellent earphone, but more the incredible strengths of the ASG-2's which way rise above their price point and is equal or better to $1,000 earphones.

What does James Blake sound like in comparison mate, same soundstage but uber clear ?

Jul 14, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #1,477 of 7,021
My dac and amp is on order so not especially looking to get another iem at this time :p but good to keep your ear to the ground. I only spent very brief time with the sd3 and reacted the same way as with heir 5.0 demo, the full sound had me going back to the clarity of the 4.ai

Jul 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #1,478 of 7,021
Carlsan, I think Eke was saying that they remind him of the sonic character of the ASG-1.2. He didn't really say anything about technical prowess.

Sonic character is my new coined phrase lol meaning something like the overall feeling of the sound. I'm still working on a nifty definition. I like it. :smile:

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #1,479 of 7,021
Battle?

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce, in red corner is all proud stripe & stars covered ASG2 and in blue corner all mighty Teutonic roof breaker SD3.
Who of them will carry it forward, who will become the asolute champion? gloves off.... Savage battle show awaits us :)

Round 1 begins, with Eke leading ASG and Sinth whispering something into SD ear :)

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #1,480 of 7,021
Quote:
Carlsan, I think Eke was saying that they remind him of the sonic character of the ASG-1.2. He didn't really say anything about technical prowess.

Sonic character is my new coined phrase lol meaning something like the overall feeling of the sound. I'm still working on a nifty definition. I like it.
smile.gif

LIke i as well, thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
What does James Blake sound like in comparison mate, same soundstage but uber clear ?

Sinth - I'll do a comparison when I get them back, would prefer to do earphone to earphone comparison, my memory of sound isn't always the best.

Quote:
Round 1 begins, with Eke leading ASG and Sinth whispering something into SD ear :)

From what I'm reading, may not get past one round....

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #1,481 of 7,021
Quote:
LIke i as well, thanks for the clarification.

Sinth - I'll do a comparison when I get them back, would prefer to do earphone to earphone comparison, my memory of sound isn't always the best.

From what I'm reading, may not get past one round....

This has Rocky IV written all over it :wink: 

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #1,482 of 7,021
No suprises. :wink:

Ultrazino prefers the sd3 over eke's favorite iem ie800, they(ie800) don't have the best reputation in the german hifi forum(the iem crowd there prefer BAs), at this level it simply depends on whom you ask.

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #1,483 of 7,021
Quote:
Sonic character is my new coined phrase lol meaning something like the overall feeling of the sound. I'm still working on a nifty definition. I like it.
smile.gif

Sounds waaay more trendy than "sound signature". We might also start using "sonic signature" and "sound character" and confuse the hell outta people. 
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #1,484 of 7,021
This has Rocky IV written all over it :wink: 

I always suspected Dolph Lundgren was German...

Edit:
So I just did a quick googling of the the man to make sure he wasn't actually German lol and came across this article about Dolph Lundgren trivia and if even a third of this is true then wow.

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #1,485 of 7,021
Quote:
Battle?

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce, in red corner is all proud stripe & stars covered ASG2 eke2k6 and in blue corner all mighty Teutonic roof breaker SD3 Ultrazino.
Who of them will carry it forward, who will become the asolute champion? gloves off.... Savage battle show awaits us :)

Round 1 begins, with Eke eke's dog leading cheering for ASG eke and Sinth whispering something into SD Ultrazino's ear :)

A couple of minor corrections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back