[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jul 13, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #1,426 of 7,021
By the way, Auvio tips on the ASG-2 = epic win.

If yours are wide bore Auvio tips with a firm core, then I'm using the same ones. Same bass port setting, same tips... same page? I think so.

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #1,428 of 7,021
Something about big socks, I think...

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #1,429 of 7,021
Quote:

Yes, and never been ashamed to admit it — loved the SM3s so much, in fact, I almost married a French woman and moved to France a few years back. Now, if the SD3s are indeed closely related to the SM3s sonically, we have a real winner here... and then there may be some real hope for the future of the ailing EU economy.

And you were never interested in the SM64? That seems odd.

And from ekes very early impressions, it sounds like my presumption was kind of right. The SD3s bass is just constantly there and more prominent.

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #1,430 of 7,021
Quote:

And from ekes very early impressions, it sounds like my presumption was kind of right. The SD3s bass is just constantly there and more prominent.

Granted we all have different ears, but I thought differently of the SD3's. I thought that the bass was only there when called for. To me they sounded excellent with all musical genres, but were very amazing with electronic and bass heavy music.
I have my observations here.

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #1,431 of 7,021

Guide to understanding music_4321: assume he's being sarcastic at all times. Read all his posts with this facial expression in mind...

As for the SD3, it's not really that it's overly bassy. It's just that there's a very distinct lack of air in the midrange and treble. It could almost feel claustrophobic with some tracks.

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #1,432 of 7,021
Quote:

Granted we all have different ears, but I thought differently of the SD3's. I thought that the bass was only there when called for. To me they sounded excellent with all musical genres, but were very amazing with electronic and bass heavy music.
I have my observations here.

Already read them :)
Nice read.
But I still have the feeling that the bass is more prominent. Not something I like that much. I'll probably rent a demo unit next month. MP4 Audio wants a 300€ deposit though :'(
Quote:
Guide to understanding music_4321: assume he's being sarcastic at all times. Read all his posts with this facial expression in mind...

That's not a good precondition for a happy relationship :frowning2:

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #1,433 of 7,021
Quote:

As for the SD3, it's not really that it's overly bassy. It's just that there's a very distinct lack of air in the midrange and treble. It could almost feel claustrophobic with some tracks.

Eke, confess, you love SD3 but refuse to admit it .... we all see a wide smile on your face (check the image above) 
tongue.gif

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #1,434 of 7,021

LOL where were you about 17 times on SE846 thread with this? Every time someone bites all I can think of is Jeremy Irons in Die Hard: With a Vengence saying "They bought it... hook, line and sinker."

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #1,435 of 7,021
Eke, confess, you love SD3 but refuse to admit it .... we all see a wide smile on your face (check the image above) :p

I will, as soon as you admit that the 1plus2 only reaches its ultimate sound out of the iPod nano 2g. :)

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #1,436 of 7,021
^ The only post I have read in this thread in a while is the above post. Gonna get caught up and get the popcorn cooking!
popcorn.gif

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #1,437 of 7,021
Eager to hear your impressions Eke. I had pictured the ASG2 as quite on the dark side. I own the sd3 and do not find them so dark in a sense that bass does not cloud the mids and that trebble is clearly there. However they are clearly quite bassy. I have loaned them to Gavin for quite a while so I need to listen again. I find them quite flavored but of a flavor I can really appreciate. But to me it is like the Kaede, I can not have it as my ONLY iem.

What about the fit? I thought it was quite exceptional, in my ears that is :)

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #1,438 of 7,021
Quote:
I actually agree with both of you.

I have a serious problem with people who say "x is waaay better than y" or "z is horrible!" without giving any explanation or reasoning. I flipped out at someone on the x3 thread because he called the clip+ horrible without any explanation.

I think gnarl's point is that people's money is at stake with every recommendation that we make. My perspective changed the day I first listened to the t-peos.

Indeed... my money was at stake lol! Thanks for not steering me wrong :)

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #1,439 of 7,021
Eager to hear your impressions Eke. I had pictured the ASG2 as quite on the dark side. I own the sd3 and do not find them so dark in a sense that bass does not cloud the mids and that trebble is clearly there. However they are clearly quite bassy. I have loaned them to Gavin for quite a while so I need to listen again. I find them quite flavored but of a flavor I can really appreciate. But to me it is like the Kaede, I can not have it as my ONLY iem.

What about the fit? I thought it was quite exceptional, in my ears that is :)

The SD3 is quite a bit darker than the ASG-2. I actually fully expected them to sound very similar.

The fit is superb! I was actually going to touch on it when I did the full writeup. I think it even countours better to my ears than the G2. The piano black shell is pretty sexy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back