[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jul 13, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #1,399 of 7,021

My finding is that I do not consider ASG-2 as something we can use across all genera with great success however with the right type of music it really shines. 

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #1,400 of 7,021
Eke, want to try vocals on ASG-2? check this, very good music material, stunning voice presentation, choral etc... gives me shivers.

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #1,401 of 7,021
Awesome tracks guys. I see those, and raise these:

Erlkonig. This has been one of my favorite Lieders for years. It's even better when you know what he's saying. This specific performance is the best I've heard. Quite moving

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rACDt1e1EWU

Then you have my second favorite opera, Carmen. The Habanera needs no intro

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8w9yJdkeryI

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #1,404 of 7,021
Guys when you say an amp is "better", specifics would be much appreciated. "Soundstage" and "layering" or "detail" don't really convey any useful information. Maybe a specific example from a particular song would help others understand these massive differences between amps/dacs before they empty their wallets. And by example I mean an actual sound, not a feeling. This isn't Dr. Phil :p

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #1,405 of 7,021
Quote:
Guys when you say an amp is "better", specifics would be much appreciated. "Soundstage" and "layering" or "detail" don't really convey any useful information. Maybe a specific example from a particular song would help others understand these massive differences between amps/dacs before they empty their wallets. And by example I mean an actual sound, not a feeling. This isn't Dr. Phil :p

I can say the same thing for a lot of headphone reviews here.  A single song won't help, soundstage and layering are holistic of frequency, detail actually does convey information, but the location of detail, lower mids, upper highs, etc, would make it even more useful :wink:

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #1,406 of 7,021
I am sorry, but even with the smiley I find this post quite obnoxious.
Nobody is paid to give impressions here so the level of detail they want to get into is theirs to decide. And if they want to describe things subjectively, well they also have the the right to do so. And you being an objectivist have the right to ignore them. If you want someone to give more details on his impressions, you can ask this person and he might be willing to do so. And nobody giving impressions is forcing anyone else to spend money...I do not know where this notion is coming from.

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #1,407 of 7,021
I am sorry, but even with the smiley I find this post quite obnoxious.
Nobody is paid to give impressions here so the level of detail they want to get into is theirs to decide. And if they want to describe things subjectively, well they also have the the right to do so. And you being an objectivist have the right to ignore them. If you want someone to give more details on his impressions, you can ask this person and he might be willing to do so. And nobody giving impressions is forcing anyone else to spend money...I do not know where this notion is coming from.

You misunderstand me. I just think we should try to be as helpful as possible, and my recommendations in my previous post would be much more helpful to curious head-fiers looking for new gear.

Edit: Also I should add there's a difference between sharing loose impressions about music or gear and making a claim or recommendation to someone else. I like to talk gear and music too, but we should be clear about the claims we make so people can make more educated wallet emptying decisions haha. I think it's worth nudging people towards this approach every now and then.

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #1,408 of 7,021
You misunderstand me. I just think we should try to be as helpful as possible, and my recommendations in my previous post would be much more helpful to curious head-fiers looking for new gear.
I think people qualify things the want they want / can. Other people will judge if they find ot helpful, and what is useless to you might be helpful to another.

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #1,409 of 7,021
Quote:
I suggest the Leckerton UHA6 MKII or Tralucent T1 amp. You'd be hard pressed to beat those. I prefer both by a nice margin over the O2 amp. Not sure how the C431, C5, or ibasso T1 amps would fair but I honestly don't see them comparing. I preferred the Leckerton and Tralucent over the DX100s internal amp section which is supposedly better than their flagship amp section.

Lee, would you consider the T1 a colder amplifier? What I mean is the opposite direction of warm - as I have the 8A and I don't want to pile warm on top of warm - I'm thinking LOD out of a Classic...

Thanks

EDIT: Should probably done that by PM - sorry folks.

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #1,410 of 7,021
Awesome tracks guys. I see those, and raise these:

Erlkonig. This has been one of my favorite Lieders for years. It's even better when you know what he's saying. This specific performance is the best I've heard. Quite moving

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rACDt1e1EWU

Then you have my second favorite opera, Carmen. The Habanera needs no intro

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8w9yJdkeryI

I see your Carmen and I raise you this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G7kZpoZ3z84&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DG7kZpoZ3z84

Good*******itslong isn't always my favorite opera, but damn is it powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back