[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jul 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #1,411 of 7,021
I think people qualify things the want they want / can. Other people will judge if they find ot helpful, and what is useless to you might be helpful to another.

I actually agree with both of you.

I have a serious problem with people who say "x is waaay better than y" or "z is horrible!" without giving any explanation or reasoning. I flipped out at someone on the x3 thread because he called the clip+ horrible without any explanation.

I think gnarl's point is that people's money is at stake with every recommendation that we make. My perspective changed the day I first listened to the t-peos.

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #1,412 of 7,021
I actually agree with both of you.

I have a serious problem with people who say "x is waaay better than y" or "z is horrible!" without giving any explanation or reasoning. I flipped out at someone on the x3 thread because he called the clip+ horrible without any explanation.

I think gnarl's point is that people's money is at stake with every recommendation that we make. My perspective changed the day I first listened to the t-peos.

Yes! You beat me to it. As someone who can be rather opinionated, about stuff like fairness especially, it almost pains me that I can very much see the validity in both of your views.

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #1,413 of 7,021
Quote:
Lee, would you consider the T1 a colder amplifier? What I mean is the opposite direction of warm - as I have the 8A and I don't want to pile warm on top of warm - I'm thinking LOD out of a Classic...

Thanks

EDIT: Should probably done that by PM - sorry folks.

The T1 is neutral. I wouldn't say cold and I wouldn't say warm. In between both.

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #1,416 of 7,021
The SD3 has arrived.

First listen: holy Schiit. This is a dark phone. Like ASG-1.2 levels of darkness.

DUN DUN DUN

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #1,417 of 7,021
Quote:
The SD3 has arrived.

First listen: holy Schiit. This is a dark phone. Like ASG-1.2 levels of darkness.

holy shiiit.... told ya so pls change your source 
tongue.gif

we wait for more impressions now 
wink_face.gif

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #1,418 of 7,021
The plot... thickens?
Yea I got nothing. Send them over to me. I'll run them through the D100, where darkness goes to die. :D

Speaking of dark. If anyone finds the ASG-2 dark, there almost has to be something wrong.

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #1,419 of 7,021
Ok let me try to describe what I'm hearing.

The bass and miss are good...but there's an interesting quality to them. It's as if my head is inside a bubble, but the bubble is also acting as the diaphragm. The treble is coming from outside the bubble. The bubble is also tinted a warmish-dark color, which somehow affects the sound. Think sepia.

It's also pretty bassy, but doesn't extend quite as low as the G2.

I definitely need more time with it. It's only been an hour or so.

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #1,421 of 7,021
Jul 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #1,422 of 7,021
Eke, are they burned in, how many hours on them?

Jul 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #1,423 of 7,021
I kid you not. The SD3 makes the ASG-2 sound like the 1Plus2. The G2 is just so much clearer.

At the same time, I don't think anything is particularly missing from the SD3 per se. It's just that the upper bass, lower mids, and upper mids all seem to be operating in the same space, contributing to a VERY full feeling in that part of the FR. I'd almost call it congested.

Gintaras, I think the owner put at least 30 hours on it.

By the way, Auvio tips on the ASG-2 = epic win.

Jul 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #1,424 of 7,021
If it's true the SD3 sounds like the SM3, then I must a get pair NOW.

Oh god... I almost forgot you were the biggest SM3 fanboy on this site :l

@ Eke: ... Welp!

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #1,425 of 7,021
Quote:
Oh god... I almost forgot you were the biggest SM3 fanboy on this site :l

Yes, and never been ashamed to admit it — loved the SM3s so much, in fact, I almost married a French woman and moved to France a few years back. Now, if the SD3s are indeed closely related to the SM3s sonically, we have a real winner here... and then there may be some real hope for the future of the ailing EU economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back