Rate the video games you're currently playing
Oct 14, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #4,696 of 6,937
  Just played a few hours of Dragon Age: Origins which I got yesterday (thanks to @Exesteils for talking about this game on Origin's On the House). The only thing I have to say about it: Why didn't I get this game sooner?

This is the best Baldurs gate like current gen game.
Just save yourself a lot of pain and anger: dont get Dragon age 2.

Oct 14, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #4,697 of 6,937
Started Stalker lost alpha 3 days ago.

If you liked the stalker series, this game is definitly for you.

I rate it at 9.8/10 (it gets higher score by beeing essentially free, all you need is a free account at moddb.com).

It is more realistic than any of the previous stalkers, has better environments, better AI, better graphics (First time I got into the open i stood there for about 2 minutes just looking at the environment), more and better balanced guns, better trading system... and it has freaking vehicles!

And thats what I found out in around 12 hours of gameplay. It is suposed to be 3-4 times bigger than the original Stalker, but it also feels a lot more Alive and menacing.

And did I mention its free?!

Finally, It requires a monster GPU/CPU if you want full details (especially if sun shadows is turned on, this is a huge pain, but it looks great) and around 17GB of free space.

Welcome to the zone :D.

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #4,698 of 6,937

You... didn't like the first one? It's like the best game of 00's! 
eek.gif

Agreed - it was by far my favorite game of the og xbox. Bio:Infinite was also my goty last year. The visuals , attention to detail, and storyline (especially if you are familiar with quantum physics - there are so many subtle tributes) is stellar.

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #4,701 of 6,937
My favorite game of 2013 is Underhell, which is free on Moddb.  It's a fantastic blend of psychological horror, survival horror, and stealth.  Too bad we won't see Chapter 2 for a while.

Quote:
  Started Stalker lost alpha 3 days ago.

If you liked the stalker series, this game is definitly for you.

I rate it at 9.8/10 (it gets higher score by beeing essentially free, all you need is a free account at moddb.com).

It is more realistic than any of the previous stalkers, has better environments, better AI, better graphics (First time I got into the open i stood there for about 2 minutes just looking at the environment), more and better balanced guns, better trading system... and it has freaking vehicles!

And thats what I found out in around 12 hours of gameplay. It is suposed to be 3-4 times bigger than the original Stalker, but it also feels a lot more Alive and menacing.

And did I mention its free?!

Finally, It requires a monster GPU/CPU if you want full details (especially if sun shadows is turned on, this is a huge pain, but it looks great) and around 17GB of free space.

Welcome to the zone :D.

A-Life is still a letdown in Lost Alpha, even though it's better than Shadow of Chernobyl's and Clear Sky's.  They just released the SDK which would make it a lot easier to improve A-Life, but unfortunately it just crashes for me upon launching it.  I'll wait for SDK updates opposed to doing it the hard way.

Oct 15, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #4,703 of 6,937
Assetto Corsa release candidate is now out.  Optimization is still terrible... have to run it with really ugly visuals just to maintain 60 FPS, while I can max out Metro: Last Light and get 60 FPS (excluding supersampling).

Car selection is still rather small, but diverse nonetheless.  Everything else is very impressive, they give you so many options (that can thankfully be disabled) like tire blankets, automatic throttle blip, variable slipstream effect, plus everything it had in earlier releases.  Career mode seems to be implemented though I haven't tried it yet.

Oct 15, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #4,704 of 6,937
Unreal Tournament 2004 - 10/10
Best shooter of all time, in my opinion

LUFTRAUSERS - 6/10
It seems like a very good game, just not for me. I wish the color palette was more interesting, although the art in the game is cool.

Garry's Mod - 10/10
I always come back to Garry's Mod. If you have the source games and you haven't checked out Garry's Mod, I don't know what you're doing with your life.

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #4,705 of 6,937
  Unreal Tournament 2004 - 10/10
Best shooter of all time, in my opinion

LUFTRAUSERS - 6/10
It seems like a very good game, just not for me. I wish the color palette was more interesting, although the art in the game is cool.

Garry's Mod - 10/10
I always come back to Garry's Mod. If you have the source games and you haven't checked out Garry's Mod, I don't know what you're doing with your life.

I liked the original better than 2004, but its about taste I guess.

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #4,706 of 6,937
  I liked the original better than 2004, but its about taste I guess.

Original UT was awesome at the time. Lots of hours spent playing deathmatch. Too much fun! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #4,707 of 6,937

Original UT was awesome at the time. Lots of hours spent playing deathmatch. Too much fun! 
biggrin.gif

I spent 1.5 years playing only that game. Good luck finding a game that good nowdays :D.

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #4,708 of 6,937
  I spent 1.5 years playing only that game. Good luck finding a game that good nowdays :D.

For me it is the community that dies. Plenty of games I would love to play for years if the community stays strong. One that goes for years though without fail is Starcraft and most MOBA or MMORPG.

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #4,709 of 6,937
Assetto Corsa - 10/10.  this is the best pure driving simulator I've ever played.  There's no hype, music, BS, just pure driving.  The cars can be set up with varying degrees of control from full assists to stock configuration with full damage wear and no assists.  I'm using a Logitech G25 wheel, playing out on a 2560x1440 monitor overclocked to 120hz with a core i7 3820, 16GB RAM and a Tri-x Radeon R9 290.  This is the definitive driving simulator for PC in my opinion.  I can't wait for Project C.A.R.S.  It's got alot to live up to to come anywhere near this, especially in the handling.

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #4,710 of 6,937
  Assetto Corsa - 10/10.  this is the best pure driving simulator I've ever played.  There's no hype, music, BS, just pure driving.  The cars can be set up with varying degrees of control from full assists to stock configuration with full damage wear and no assists.  I'm using a Logitech G25 wheel, playing out on a 2560x1440 monitor overclocked to 120hz with a core i7 3820, 16GB RAM and a Tri-x Radeon R9 290.  This is the definitive driving simulator for PC in my opinion.  I can't wait for Project C.A.R.S.  It's got alot to live up to to come anywhere near this, especially in the handling.

I also really like how Assetto Corsa isn't fixated on one type of car, like many other racing simulators are.  It has all kinds.  Project C.A.R.S. will be more expansive, but less realistic most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back