Rate the video games you're currently playing
Sep 30, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #4,667 of 6,943
If you have a PS4 like me then it is pretty much impossible to play online. There is a lag issue which means you can't even play single player when connected to the EA servers. It's shockingly bad and EA should know better.

Having said that, the gameplay, when you're not connected to the Internet, is a slight improvement over previous editions. Graphics and commentary are good too. I rated it low because of the online experience.

Thanks!
I prefer playing local with my friends, not a big deal for me :p

Oct 7, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #4,669 of 6,943
  Goat Simulator -- 9/10

The rating's a joke, but the game's still fun as hell to play. Goat Parkour is a lot of fun, and you can ride skateboards! The modifiers also add a lot of fun (still looking for the Minecraft Goat). Can't wait to see what's in store next.

I agree, 9/10. It has nothing that you can say as a positive about the game, but you will have fun regardless. Thats something hard to get right nowdays.

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #4,670 of 6,943
Currently playing mortal kombat 9 (ye i know, i got late to the party). Played it solo for some time on the lowest dificulty and I must say I got bored in under 1 hour.

Looking forward to playing it with my cousin thou, human vs human is always funnier. Current rating (single player, storymode) 5/10.

Oct 7, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #4,672 of 6,943
Shadow of Mordor - 6/10

Pretty much Batman in the Middle-earth and I don't like the Batman games much. So it's the usual stuff beat 'em up with some stealth. It's fun for a while to kill orcs in fancy ways and send the occasional head flying but for me this gets old fast. Initially I was very hyped about this game and how they'll create its story and incorporate Celebrimbor but I'm kinda disappointed.

And talking about hype and disappointment 

Alien: Isolation - 6/10

I love survival games and was expecting this one anxiously but the devs just failed to deliver. And the AI is insane. If any of the aliens in the movies was like the one in the game the movies would have been a couple of minutes long. Initially, the fear and anxiety from the alien encounters are quite powerful but once you get killed like 20 times in an hour  it just gets old and stale. 

Also, just to mention the sub-par graphics on both of the above games. And how is that next-gen with games that have zero anti-aliasing and jagged edges and flickering lines everywhere. Shadow of Mordor's solution is supersampling but even rendering the game at 4k does pretty much nothing and just kills frames. Alien has a few options that just do nothing and the lack of AA is constantly noticeable and bothersome. Forcing AA for the games from the graphics card does nothing too. 
That's just a bit of bashing for these "next-gen" games with high system requirements for the average people that even with maxed out settings provide nothing special over the 10 times smaller and easier to drive games from a few years ago.

Oct 7, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #4,673 of 6,943
And to continue a bit the next-gen talk. Decided to start Skyrim again but this time around not vanilla but heavily modded with all the crazy stuff 2-4k textures, new lighting, realistic water, parallax, ENB, dynamic DoF, way better inventory menu and the game looks more next-gen than pretty much all of the new 50GB "next-gen" games coming out and there is a ton of mods I haven't even tried. It will be a totally different experience.
Took a few screens (I suggest viewing them in their original resolution and on full screen great stuff from an open-world rpg) and that 2k grass instead of the small patches here and there is insane 

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #4,674 of 6,943
  And to continue a bit the next-gen talk. Decided to start Skyrim again but this time around not vanilla but heavily modded with all the crazy stuff 2-4k textures, new lighting, realistic water, parallax, ENB, dynamic DoF, way better inventory menu and the game looks more next-gen than pretty much all of the new 50GB "next-gen" games coming out and there is a ton of mods I haven't even tried. It will be a totally different experience.
Took a few screens (I suggest viewing them in their original resolution and on full screen great stuff from an open-world rpg) and that 2k grass instead of the small patches here and there is insane 

Looks great - what GPU are you using ?-  I grew kinda bored quickly with skyrim with so many great games I had in my backlog so I shelved it but looking that great it may be worth another try. Currently waiting on a gtx970 so hopefully my gtx580 SC will get replaced soon as it doesn't really have enough VRAM for current games  

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #4,675 of 6,943
  Picked splinter cell black list up for cheap while I am waiting for driveclub..so far so good..it's a bit more like the old splinter cell games..chaos theory is still the champ though!!!

One of my favorite games of last year - wish it would have sold/fared a little better as I love SvM multiplayer and still enjoy playing that today when I can find a game.

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #4,676 of 6,943

Wow. Looks amazing. Like @Phishin Phool, I'm eager to know what GPU you used for this. Dual 780? 
tongue.gif

Never really liked Skyrim. Never understood its praise, either. I'll just wait for GTA V for PC to come out. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #4,677 of 6,943
  Wow. Looks amazing. Like @Phishin Phool, I'm eager to know what GPU you used for this. Dual 780? 
tongue.gif

Never really liked Skyrim. Never understood its praise, either. I'll just wait for GTA V for PC to come out. 

LOL not really just a single mid-range card. It's not really that graphics intensive. That's why I said I can't figure out all those next-gen games like Shadow of Mordor that look sub-par and require 4GB+ VRAM for the max settings. And don't get me started on DayZ, which looks and runs like crap in comparison - still get stutter and sudden drops to 15fps

Just look at these crappy trees and crappy textures overall. And that's the heaviest game in existence. 

I use one MSI GeForce GTX 760 TWIN FROZR GAMING 4GB GDDR5 OC Edition http://MSI GeForce GTX 760 TWIN FROZR GAMING OC 4GB GDDR5 but you can run Skyrim with these mods fine with a decent 2 GB card if you're not set on getting constant 60fps. Actually it's not the 2-4k textures that are that demanding coz 2gb VRAM is plenty for 60fps - it's the ENB with all the effects and stuff. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #4,679 of 6,943
  Yea but unfortunately standard 580's only have 1.5 gb vram which can certainly saturate. as far as gpu 'muscle' it still runs well.

Well, of course it's not just the VRAM, there's clock speed, memory interface, bus speed etc. but [size=12.8000001907349px]I think it's possible to run Skyrim with most of the mods with a 1.5GB with a decent fps if you don't use the ENB with the extra stuff.[/size][size=12.8000001907349px] I think mods like Open Cities and such take up more RAM rather than VRAM[/size]

[size=12.8000001907349px]EDIT: Actually just tested it out with MSI After burner and it takes 1.5-1.9GB VRAM - never drops under 1.5 but didn't exceed 2 either, so no need for more really. I still haven't modded all of the stuff but don'y think this will raise much[/size]
And to get a bit on topic

NBA 2K15 - 9.5/10 

I am a huge NBA fan and this is the best one so far. Love the new interface and menus, love the new soundtrack, love the addition of studio commentary with Ernie Johnson and Shaq, love the MyLeague mode, AI players react a lot more adequately, especially in defense, better animations etc. Overall, a lot more polished game than before. I'm slightly baffled what made the game 6 times bigger in size than last year's but I don't really care. 
Today I saw the preview for the NBA Live 15 but even though it looks like an improvement over the previous one, EA dropped the ball and won't recover for years to match what 2K created with their NBA franchise. 

Oct 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #4,680 of 6,943
Finally got around to playing pixel junk monsters - it's available on Steam for $10 as well as the playstation store (probably other places too)
This is a really fun games and perfect, accessible entry into Tower defense games.

Very fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back