Rate the video games you're currently playing
Oct 10, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #4,681 of 6,943
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate, more awesomeness from this already awesome RPG.  Does a great job supporting a wide array of player characters, although it's really hard if you're not a spellcaster and play on Hardcore D&D mode or harder.

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #4,682 of 6,943
Downloading Alien: Isolation as I'm typing this... really screwing excited!!! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #4,683 of 6,943
  Downloading Alien: Isolation as I'm typing this... really screwing excited!!! 
biggrin.gif

I'm in the beginning, just got my motion detector, but so far it's been fun. Very intense at times - like the RPS reviewer said: "...I think I’ve learned how to tense the muscles in my eyeballs." 
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #4,685 of 6,943
I'm in the beginning, just got my motion detector, but so far it's been fun. Very intense at times - like the RPS reviewer said: "...[COLOR=1D1D1D]I think I’ve learned how to tense the muscles in my eyeballs." [/COLOR]:D

I've been playing it. Absolutely love the atmosphere. Sorta reminds me of AVP and Doom 3. I love how close it looks to the original Alien movie.

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #4,686 of 6,943
  Just played a few hours of Dragon Age: Origins which I got yesterday (thanks to @Exesteils for talking about this game on Origin's On the House). The only thing I have to say about it: Why didn't I get this game sooner?

Amazing game and RPG.  Even better with Improved Atmosphere and Combat Tweaks mods, though they require a new game I think.

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #4,689 of 6,943
  Not feeling it with bioshock infinite..the reason I never bought it until now was because I didn't like the first one!

I didn't like the first one either.  I just really don't like corridor games or overly repetitive gameplay.

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #4,690 of 6,943
  Not feeling it with bioshock infinite..the reason I never bought it until now was because I didn't like the first one!

You... didn't like the first one? It's like the best game of 00's! 
eek.gif

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #4,691 of 6,943

You... didn't like the first one? It's like the best game of 00's! 
eek.gif

To me it's not anywhere near that level.  Best game of the 00's... I'd say Dragon Age: Origins, or even Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete (especially Mask of the Betrayer), Morrowind, Oblivion, Mass Effect, KOTOR, KOTOR 2, or Fallout 3.  All of which are far more ambitious and content heavy than Bioshock.  I haven't even played Deus Ex or Baldur's Gate II yet.  In terms of shooters, I'd easily rank S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl above Bioshock, and also Half Life 2, Rainbow Six 3 Gold, and ArmA 2.  Like robm321, different strokes.  On that note, I also really dislike the headphone in your avatar.  
redface.gif

Oct 12, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #4,692 of 6,943

To me it's not anywhere near that level.  Best game of the 00's... I'd say Dragon Age: Origins, or even Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete (especially Mask of the Betrayer), Morrowind, Oblivion, Mass Effect, KOTOR, KOTOR 2, or Fallout 3.  All of which are far more ambitious and content heavy than Bioshock.  I haven't even played Deus Ex or Baldur's Gate II yet.  In terms of shooters, I'd easily rank S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl above Bioshock, and also Half Life 2, Rainbow Six 3 Gold, and ArmA 2.  Like robm321, different strokes.  On that note, I also really dislike the headphone in your avatar.  
redface.gif

Different strokes indeed. 
biggrin.gif
 I have played and enjoyed most of the games you listed, but for me Bioshock is something special. Gameplay-wise it's nothing special, but the mood, setting and story get me every time - as do the TH900's. 
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #4,693 of 6,943
Soooooo.... Playing Alien: Isolation, and I just made my first true encounter with the Xenomorph. I made a split decision to fire upon it with my revolver. Needless to say, I'm going to need to buy new underpants tomorrow. Holy crap the atmosphere of this game is intense. And the sound track is just make you on edge 24/7. Every time the music starts getting louder you're just terrified the whole time not knowing what's going to happen.

So far from the experience Im getting from this game, I'm giving it a well deserved 10/10. Very polished game. A little scripted in the beginning but it start to randomise more as it progresses.

Oct 13, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #4,694 of 6,943
Driveclub - I really like this game although I havent played online as the servers have been down so I cannot review that portion of the game. I really like the  play style so far ..reminds me of Project Gotham Racing. The game sits between a sim racer like Gran Turismo and a more arcade style racer like Ridge Racer/Need for speed. It can be challenging without forcing you to invest a ton of time. The challenges in single player make it easy to get into. Very pick up and play, which is nice sometimes. Great graphics especially the cars. Overall I'd give it an 8.5. Definitely worth playing if you have a PS4 and want a break from all the shooters.

Oct 14, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #4,695 of 6,943
Trials Fusion: Riders of the Rustlands

The Rustlands is just an expansion pack with extra levels, nothing really changes. Anyway, I really love the new game. The graphics, the tracks, the bikes (there's an ATV!) -- what's not to love? Though the FMX thing (basically tricks) needs some work, it doesn't detract from the experience too much. And to think, this used to be a game on Miniclip.com I played years ago. It's amazing to see it grow into something awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back