Rate the video games you're currently playing
Oct 22, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #4,711 of 6,937
Played some Project CARS today. I won't pass final judgment as the game is still in development but it is pretty good. Of course, still has bugs and things that need work, especially physics but the handling feels pretty good. The biggest difference from Assetto Corsa is probably the sense of speed, which is a lot better in project cars.The weather changes are great and the graphics amaze at times but the the devs should definitely work on the anti-aliasing - might be selfish of me in regard to the people who don't own nvidia cards but I think the game will look stunning if they add TXAA.

edit: played some more with some formula bolids and I have to say project cars is quite fun to play and I love the helmet view.

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #4,712 of 6,937
Btw, just installed the new nvidia drivers that allow nvidia cards other than the 900 series to use the dynamic super resolution feature and have to admit it's kinda handy - easy to use and revert back.
edit: it almost kinda fixes the AA isues with current game like the evil within and shadow of mordor

Oct 23, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #4,713 of 6,937
Haven't played AC in some time so I really need to get back to it and get some laps under my belt now that my DK2 has arrived. For me the big draw point of AC is mod support, something that makes a decent game into an awesome one.

PCARS has been chewing through a bit of my time of the last few months, the game is definitely coming along nicely (handling model is mostly predictable on the further developed cars, FFB through the wheel is very nice. Gamepad controls still needs some tweaking as it just doesn’t feel right (mind you it feels even worse on AC) and I can’t seem to get a good balance.

Pretty happy that they decided to delay the game to next year as in its current state, it still needs a fair bit of work to get it to what I would consider an acceptable level for retail.

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #4,714 of 6,937
  For me it is the community that dies. Plenty of games I would love to play for years if the community stays strong. One that goes for years though without fail is Starcraft and most MOBA or MMORPG.

I play Starcraft broodwar very little nowdays, but I used to play it a lot (even competitively at some point), but the community usually sticks with good games.
I think you can still find Unreal Original servers, even private ones.
A game I liked to play a lot was Summoner online but THQ killed the servers long ago.
Unless there are NO servers, games can still be played (and lucky for me, some of the best games still got LAN support).

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #4,715 of 6,937
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.....Pokémon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby has frame rate drops all over the place still. : (
I don't think it's as bad as X/Y, but it's still like 10 FPS when attacking and during Mega Evolutions with 3D on. What's wrong with the people at GameFreak nowadays? Are they really incapable of fixing these issues? Smash Bros. 3DS runs at a solid 60 FPS, Fire Emblem: Awakening runs at a pretty solid frame rate until you have a ton of characters on the screen, and that has more rendering to do I think.

The demo is only about 30-minutes long, but I'd probably need to spend more time with the real game since the demo doesn't have very many battles.

Nov 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #4,717 of 6,937
The Evil Within: 7/10, a pretty average game but a nice throwback to old survival horror and a step BACK in the right direction.......what were they doing when developing this game though....

Destiny: started ad a 8/10...now down to 6/10. Initally really fun, but after a few months of nothing new coming out in an MMO and charging hilariously high prices for small bits of content that are already finished AND ON THE DISK.....why bungie?

The binding of isaac Rebirth: 9/10, something seriously wrong when an indie topdown twin stick shooter thats a rouge like is more fun, has more content, and is better developed than a game with millions and a huge team backing it.

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #4,718 of 6,937
  The Evil Within: 7/10, a pretty average game but a nice throwback to old survival horror and a step BACK in the right direction.......what were they doing when developing this game though....

I haven't played it yet but it looks like super linear, simplified B-movie horror to me.  

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #4,719 of 6,937

Destiny: started ad a 8/10...now down to 6/10. Initally really fun, but after a few months of nothing new coming out in an MMO and charging hilariously high prices for small bits of content that are already finished AND ON THE DISK.....why bungie?

The binding of isaac Rebirth: 9/10, something seriously wrong when an indie topdown twin stick shooter thats a rouge like is more fun, has more content, and is better developed than a game with millions and a huge team backing it.

This is a step in the right direction,but the downside is whatever atmosphere the gamecube/wii version had, it has been removed by making the game hd!

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #4,720 of 6,937

I haven't played it yet but it looks like super linear, simplified B-movie horror to me.  

Well, pretty much all survival horrors are linear. Especially Japanese games, which are heavily relying on cutscenes and it's hard to deviate from the script and create a sandbox experience. [size=12.8000001907349px]All Silent Hill, Resident Evil and Parasite Eve games are like that. [/size]The Evil Within is pretty decent although a bit of a let down given all the hype and my high expectations. 

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #4,721 of 6,937
  Well, pretty much all survival horrors are linear. Especially Japanese games, which are heavily relying on cutscenes and it's hard to deviate from the script and create a sandbox experience. [size=12.8000001907349px]All Silent Hill, Resident Evil and Parasite Eve games are like that. [/size]The Evil Within is pretty decent although a bit of a let down given all the hype and my high expectations. 

Yeah but there are different levels of linear.  I wouldn't want something as linear as Cry of Fear.  I prefer more hub-based designs like Penumbra and Amnesia, and I hate B-movie horror.

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #4,722 of 6,937

yeah; thas how I feel. it had really neat set pieces...but with no reason for them t happen....why?

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #4,723 of 6,937
The walking dead season 2. (on vita
bigsmile_face.gif
)

its very good, perhaps better than season 1 even, but simply does not have the same impact.

thus 8/10.

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #4,724 of 6,937
Battlefield 4
8.5/10, this score is after the latest patch. Yes, the game was quite buggy upon release, but now that things have been smoothed out, it deserves the 8.5, in my opinion.

Destiny:
6/10, quite enjoyable, at first, but man does this get repetitive. The loot system, though broken, is extremely addicting and is the only thing that has me still playing. Come November 18, however, this game will probably start collecting dust until the next DLC (I refuse to call it an expansion).

Driveclub:
N/A, this game is actually very fun and the visuals are amazing. Too bad the online portion still has its issues, hence why I can't give it a proper score.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back