Questyle QP1
Nov 13, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #2,537 of 4,272
  I should rephrase, I didn't mean the cable listed is the only option, but more along the lines of you either have to buy another or trim one.

There are USB cables you can buy that fit without needing to trim the housing. One of my co-workers has a USB cable that fits fine while the one I have at my desk doesn't. She hasn't done anything to reduce the physical size of the connector's head.

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #2,539 of 4,272
Nov 13, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #2,541 of 4,272

There are USB cables you can buy that fit without needing to trim the housing. One of my co-workers has a USB cable that fits fine while the one I have at my desk doesn't. She hasn't done anything to reduce the physical size of the connector's head.

I guess its a little hit or miss action then. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #2,542 of 4,272
Hooked up the QP1R up to my Denon AVR last night thru the optical port and WOW does it sound good there too. I can live with wheel problem because it sounds oooh so good.

Nov 13, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #2,543 of 4,272

Unfortunately this is always an excuse the makers like to use also. They like to say "We gave priority to the sound quality"
and they believe this a reasonable excuse if their device is nearly unusable and their UI is stuck somewhere in the 80s...

We are working on a solution to improve the functionality of the wheel. We also do frequent updates to the firmware to add new features and do our best to eliminate any bugs. In the mean time, if the player sucks so badly and we are such a miserable company with unreasonable excuses, please return the player for a full refund.

I'm glad I saw this.

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #2,545 of 4,272
  Calm down there, mate. I understand your points about the player, and I don't deny they exist. However, to say they are "major flaws" or deal breakers, is quite an overstatement. On the forums, it was already explained how to fix the problem with the wheel by placing a polyurethane skin on top or some form of a felt pad. Shoot, you could use that grippy stuff that is used for gun grips or whatever. Everything else is purely software and can be fixed in due time.
Personally, I don't like doing personal attacks because they don't add to the conversation and just makes you look bad. It doesn't get anywhere except an endless spiral of name-calling so I request that both you and others refrain from doing so. Let us talk about the problems.
That being said, I will have to be hypocritical at least once to mention something. You are acting extremely, and quite frankly so, immature. And before you go, "boo hoo", let me explain. While you did claim that it wasn't directly towards Questyle but at the whole DAP industry, you stated companies will give the excuse of good sound for 80's UI. The following posts from you were as if the whole world was against you. And no, it isn't an Asian culture to deny things. It is possible for the software to take longer than the "hour" you stated. Sure it shouldn't take long but it by no means means that it won't. I would ask if you program for a living or are a senior student programmer (having worked on many various team projects or internships).
I'll leave you to respond and make your statements as this is a discussion between adults and not children. 

Ok, I don't think I have to defend myself as I didn't do or write anything wrong.
I just stated that while the sound signature of the device is perfect (for me), the hardware and the UI is not.

Therefore I got a snappy reply from the maker's rep, another guy accused me of trolling as I am somehow only entitled to comment on issues 
after I actually I bought it and another one even went to the extreme low level and started playing the racism card.

Software issues can be fixed and they promised they are working on it. Fine, let's see.
And is it really asking too much if the scrollwheel, which is a central issue for the usability of the device, should work fine right out of the box without 
users having to find out some workarounds?

Again: If next firmware releases address some of the points I will buy it right away.

Everybody please listen to some music and relax, I am not commenting on this any further.

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #2,546 of 4,272
So? How is the firmware differant between x5. And Qp1r? Since they both get it from the same vender.

The DAPs are from different manufacturers and they are obviously different. Firmware is hardware specific, so it is not compatible with a different device. Even devices from the same manufacturer do not have compatible firmware. The quickest way to make a brick is to load incompatible firmware if the device will even allow it.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #2,547 of 4,272
  Ok, I don't think I have to defend myself as I didn't do or write anything wrong.
I just stated that while the sound signature of the device is perfect (for me), the hardware and the UI is not.

Therefore I got a snappy reply from the maker's rep, another guy accused me of trolling as I am somehow only entitled to comment on issues 
after I actually I bought it and another one even went to the extreme low level and started playing the racism card.

Software issues can be fixed and they promised they are working on it. Fine, let's see.
And is it really asking too much if the scrollwheel, which is a central issue for the usability of the device, should work fine right out of the box without 
users having to find out some workarounds?

Again: If next firmware releases address some of the points I will buy it right away.

Everybody please listen to some music and relax, I am not commenting on this any further.

Sure, you are absolutely entitled to it and I personally have no problem with that. If someone else does, that's their problem. However, the way you constantly claimed problems after another like it completely breaks the device is one reason why people are "huffy-puffy". Of course, someone is going to accuse you of trolling when you do stuff like that, as trolls sound exactly like that. You did pull a "racist card" reguardless of if you meant it or not. Why was it specifically an "asian" culture thing? Is it just business practice?
Software can be fixed and I do think they will bring it in time. So I don't doubt them. But like you said, we will see.
While I would expect something that is a key feature to work right out of the box, that is partially applicable with the QP1R. Well made items with extremely high tolerances, can and will have tight fitting parts. Same could be said for something like handcrafted sports cars, boots, or anything else. In the end, I understand you're point but disagree with the level of problem you have explained. But if it is that bad for you, then that's all you. I can't change what you choose to perceive. Just as you have stated what you would do, don't buy the QP1R if it bothers you so much. If you did, you wouldn't be happy. At the end of the day, find a product whose faults are small enough for you to live with. Nothing is perfect but I feel the QP1R is getting extremely close.
But it was fun having a normal conversation with you. Its good that we have and discuss these problems because that makes the next product even better.

Nov 14, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #2,548 of 4,272
I just warmed the plastic housing using a bic lighter. Then flatened it abit. And the micro usb fit Great!

Uses duct tape - no.
Uses WD-40 - no.
Uses bent paperclip - no.
Uses hammer - no.

This may be impermissible technology. See the "intellectual properties and fair-use provisions" section of your Man-License. (It should be stapled to the original copy of your birth certificate,) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back