Questyle QP1
Nov 14, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #2,552 of 4,272
I am sorry for your perception disorder

EUlong, despite being blind, has helped so many people here and on other forums. I find this comment completely out of order.

Nov 14, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #2,554 of 4,272
  Updated the (Q30) Charge and Sync section of the QP1R review (added Anker Micro USB cable information).

@moedawg140 , you are amazing! [i am being sincere, btw, not ironic at all.]  you are the gift that keeps on giving!  thank you for all your contributions.

[just ordered a 6' cable.]

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #2,555 of 4,272
So? How are they differant? X5. And qp1r. Firm ware? Anyone open them up?

I've opened them up. I've done extensive theme modding on the X5 and X5ii, and the QP1R firmware, when unpacked, has the exact same theme base and folder structure to the other DAPs that share the same SoC. That is to say the theme can be modified in the same way but no system changes or functionality can be changed. The image sizes and placement is obviously different but nothing too difficult to modify. The coordinate system, text files and theme layout is basically based in the same structure and I would make a custom theme for the QP1R if I had one to test the results. I should note you can not just use the images from other themes and just plop them in to the QP1R themes. The firmware defines how the functionality is related to the theme so you need modify the QP1R theme based on the firmware rules for the device.

Once again I will emphasize that if you do not know what you are doing you can completely muck up the GUI and should not in any way use other manufacturers FW on the QP1R. I'm also sure that Questyle will not cover any issues that arise from modifying themes.

Nov 15, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #2,558 of 4,272
Once again I will emphasize that if you do not know what you are doing you can completely muck up the GUI and should not in any way use other manufacturers FW on the QP1R. I'm also sure that Questyle will not cover any issues that arise from modifying themes.

Questyle have explicitly said that using any modded firmware will invalidate their warranty.

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #2,560 of 4,272
Has anyone tried the QP1R with any if these iem's and with what results: Dita the Answer, Dita the Answer (Truth edition), Noble Audio Savant, Westone  W40, Um Pro 50 or W60?

I'm using the QPIR with my Dita Answers. IMHO they sound great together. Very clear, detailed but without any brightness. Bass is probably not for bass heads but it's there in a natural sounding way and very well controlled. I also find the Ditas extremely comfortable to where, very well fitting. Hope this helps.

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #2,561 of 4,272

Hello ... using daily with Westone UM Pro 50's ... makes the crowded subway ride home fly right

Hello ... using daily with Westone UM Pro 50's ... makes the crowded subway ride home fly right by

Thanks for your reply. Did you try any other iem's with the QP1R or did you go for the 50's on the basis of reviews? Twisters review makes me think they could be for me.

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #2,562 of 4,272

Thanks for your reply.
I'm using the QPIR with my Dita Answers. IMHO they sound great together. Very clear, detailed but without any brightness. Bass is probably not for bass heads but it's there in a natural sounding way and very well controlled. I also find the Ditas extremely comfortable to where, very well fitting. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. Yes it does. Though I'll pose a similar question to the one  I asked JerrryLeeds - did you try any other iem's with the QP1R?  The problem I have is where I live there aren't any local hifi dealers who have a  wide range of iem's on demo, so I have to go on review's and user experience. Hopefully the replies I get will be of use to others in my position.

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #2,563 of 4,272
I've have the UM 50's since they first came out ... previously had the ​UM 30's ... these are one great fitting IEM and one of the main reasons I upgraded ... (they also sound great) ... I have a few other much cheaper IEM but I just use those while exercising.

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #2,565 of 4,272
I have put a little piece of felt on the wheel to assist it in turning as well as being able to visually see it turn. It has at least a couple of thousand revolutions on it by now. I would just turn it as I was listening to music to try and break it in.  It has not gotten any easer to turn and will not turn by just using your finger. To the point now is it is getting harder. I think it needs some modification in order to use it, and I feel you really need it in conjunction with the soft keys for navigation.

However, the sound quality almost overrides a few of the faults that I have found with this player!

Couldn't agree more:beers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back