Questyle QP1
Nov 13, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #2,521 of 4,272
5,800 Song limit for library use
No sorting by album artist
No folder playthrough
Scrollwheel of limited functionality

I am aware that first two items are nearly on all Chinese DAPs as they all use the same source for their firmware. However, should take a programmer less than an hour to fix it.

Just give us Rockbox for the QP1R!

I never -repeat- never critized the sound quality. That's why it is sad for me that these issues so far make me hesitate to buy it as I absolutely love the sound signature. Because, and that obviously is irritating for many people here, when I spent that amount of money for a DAP I would like it to be functioning as it can be expected in 2015.

I just gave some constructive feedback on the UI for which I am slammed here and even get a snappy reply from maker's representative.
I have 6300+songs in QP1R. Sorting of Artist and Album is a must, they should work on it. Folder playthrough is not that important to me, even in Android I prefer Neutron and USB AUDIO player due to SQ over Power Amp, although, power amp has the folder playthrough option. One can get around the player with ease without ever using the scroll wheel.In the end I am happy with my QP1R Unit and expect Questyle will fix the fw bugs and improve the mapping as time goes by.

Nov 13, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #2,522 of 4,272
It's true. The SQ alone of the QP1R trumps all of the other issues to me right now. This thing sounds amazing. I'm satisfied enough with Questyle to have patience at the moment for any improvements and the fact that they read the threads here at Head-Fi for feedback is a plus too.

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #2,524 of 4,272

We are working on a solution to improve the functionality of the wheel. We also do frequent updates to the firmware to add new features and do our best to eliminate any bugs. In the mean time, if the player sucks so badly and we are such a miserable company with unreasonable excuses, please return the player for a full refund.

Please note the following: I am sorry that you feel personally offended. That was not my intention. However

1) My comment was more directed to DAP makers generally
2) I don't understand why it is so hard to admit that there are still some flaws. Must be some Asian culture thing.
3) I don't think Questyle is a miserable company. However, your above post clearly shows some lack in professionalism
4) I don't own a QP1R (yet). But I want one as it sounds absolutely fabulous. I just wait until the existing problems are solved

Are we ok here? Snapping at people for mentioning some shortcomings is not exactly the way to convince potential customers. 

calm down and 
beerchug.gif

That asian comment could be mistaken for cultural racism.  Your general tone of posts comes across as petulance.  I, for one, thought BSquared's post was perfectly civil.
In order that my participation on this thread may remain as inoffensive as I can keep it, I must block you.

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #2,525 of 4,272

That asian comment could be mistaken for cultural racism.  Your general tone of posts comes across as petulance.  I, for one, thought BSquared's post was perfectly civil.
In order that my participation on this thread may remain as inoffensive as I can keep it, I must block you.

I am sorry for your perception disorder

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #2,526 of 4,272
It's easy for things to get misconstrued in a few sentences. I'm quite ok with folks suggesting areas of potential improvement, but it's sometimes a difficult art to make that come across as constructive criticism :wink:

I agree with the issue about the wheel, but it can be completely fixed with a small polyurethane/invisible-shield type skin for the wheel. Here is the link again:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002D3EX3W/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1447425686&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=skinomi+ipod+classic&dpPl=1&dpID=41Ef%2BSmXryL&ref=plSrch

You will need to slightly trim it to make the inner diameter a few mm larger, but once it's on, the wheel responds perfectly. YMMV with some of the cheaper plastic films. I tried one other brand and it wasn't quite as good (you want a good grip here - you don't want smooth and slippery).

Since we're in constructive criticism mode, I just want to add one more thing.... I would love to be able to use the QP1R as an external DAC. Is there any chance a future firmware update might be able to address that? :grinning:

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #2,529 of 4,272
  I am sorry for your perception disorder

Calm down there, mate. I understand your points about the player, and I don't deny they exist. However, to say they are "major flaws" or deal breakers, is quite an overstatement. On the forums, it was already explained how to fix the problem with the wheel by placing a polyurethane skin on top or some form of a felt pad. Shoot, you could use that grippy stuff that is used for gun grips or whatever. Everything else is purely software and can be fixed in due time.
Personally, I don't like doing personal attacks because they don't add to the conversation and just makes you look bad. It doesn't get anywhere except an endless spiral of name-calling so I request that both you and others refrain from doing so. Let us talk about the problems.
That being said, I will have to be hypocritical at least once to mention something. You are acting extremely, and quite frankly so, immature. And before you go, "boo hoo", let me explain. While you did claim that it wasn't directly towards Questyle but at the whole DAP industry, you stated companies will give the excuse of good sound for 80's UI. The following posts from you were as if the whole world was against you. And no, it isn't an Asian culture to deny things. It is possible for the software to take longer than the "hour" you stated. Sure it shouldn't take long but it by no means means that it won't. I would ask if you program for a living or are a senior student programmer (having worked on many various team projects or internships).
I'll leave you to respond and make your statements as this is a discussion between adults and not children. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #2,531 of 4,272
  So, to get a micro USB cable to work, you either must buy the one listed or trim an existing one to fit?

There might be more than what was listed by Questyle. Several pages back, I remember that someone posted a link for some connectors that work. However, I think I have that link only on my desktop so I'll repost it when I get back home from class. Alternatively, yes, you can buy the one they listed or cut down one that you already have.
As someone who loves sanding stuff more that I should, I personally will be sanding down the larger ones I have with low grit then finish off with automotive grits.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #2,532 of 4,272
  So, to get a micro USB cable to work, you either must buy the one listed or trim an existing one to fit?

there are others that will work like the one i bought from ebay, maybe few yrs back, but without fast charging. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #2,533 of 4,272

Earlier in this forum I believe I gave links and pics to an ebay purchased cable that mostly fit and needed just a tiny slice off the front to allow the connector to be a bit longer.  If not this forum then the other MoeDawg one with the headphone comparisons & QP1R.

I have a question ... if you have 2 full cards "loaded with more than 5800 songs" what is the order in which the unit picks and stores music into the media library?

Also need opinions about a good over ear headphone to pair with this for commutiing? so needs  to have good isloation ... slightly on the bass side is ok ... anyone have any thought on something  better than an ATH-M50X?

I already have an MH30 & MH40 ... but they are too nice to take on the subway so just looking for something I won't worry about scratching/denting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back