Questyle QP1
Nov 12, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #2,506 of 4,272
Just ordered the covers from Aliexpress it will be two weeks before I get them but way cheaper than buying them from Amazon so the wait is not too bad as I bought 4 .

Nov 12, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #2,508 of 4,272
Hey Guys.

We are now stocking micro USB cables to charge/sync the QP1 & QP1R in a variety of lengths and colors. They are available in 4ft ($9.99), 6ft ($14.99) and 10 ft ($19.99) lengths and fit the player perfectly. Please see below picture.

What are the specs on that cable?

Nov 12, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #2,509 of 4,272
'fraid not.  Couldn't even upload pics of my SD adapters the other day.

Try to take the photos with much lower resolution with smaller file size. At least that's what i did. Best to limit filesize lower than 2 or 1MB

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #2,510 of 4,272

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_144737668419611&key=04fea777994d26cd84e01a5e54f4c01d&libId=igwypuq501000k6o000DAak0nmi6r&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.head-fi.org%2Ft%2F751140%2Fquestyle-qp1%2F2490&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aliexpress.com%2Fitem%2FSuperior-Set-Clear-Screen-Protector-LCD-Film-For-iPod-Classic-80-120-160GB-Au21%2F32445016094.html&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.head-fi.org%2Ft%2F751140%2Fquestyle-qp1%2F2505&title=Questyle%20QP1%20-%20Page%20167&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aliexpress.com%2Fitem%2FSuperior-Set-Clear-Screen-Protector-LCD-Film-For-iPod-Classic-80-120-160GB-Au21%2F32445016094.html&loAsUuid=igwypv08-f24bb5f1-5e1f-41da-b1fe-6063ee509a36

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #2,511 of 4,272
We are working on a solution to improve the functionality of the wheel. We also do frequent updates to the firmware to add new features and do our best to eliminate any bugs. In the mean time, if the player sucks so badly and we are such a miserable company with unreasonable excuses, please return the player for a full refund.

Please note the following: I am sorry that you feel personally offended. That was not my intention. However

1) My comment was more directed to DAP makers generally
2) I don't understand why it is so hard to admit that there are still some flaws. Must be some Asian culture thing.
3) I don't think Questyle is a miserable company. However, your above post clearly shows some lack in professionalism
4) I don't own a QP1R (yet). But I want one as it sounds absolutely fabulous. I just wait until the existing problems are solved

Are we ok here? Snapping at people for mentioning some shortcomings is not exactly the way to convince potential customers. 

calm down and 
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #2,512 of 4,272
Wow, I though Questyle was showing exceptional customer support. How many other companies out there would have offered to refund your money.

The fact is sir, you don't even own this player as you stated. Well I do. This DAP isn't even in the same league as your Sony that your profile claims you have.

So you troll this thread and make comments here.
I don't get it. I could understand if you actually owned it.

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #2,513 of 4,272
I don't own it. Correct! But I auditioned it thoroughly as from the very 
beginning when this DAP was announced I was very interested.
So first day a demo unit was available I went down to the store for trying.

And as I stated before I love the sound!
Just the major flaws so far let me refrain from buying it so far.
As the grumpy Questyle representative earlier has stated they
claim to be working on fixes for these things. Which I am waiting for.

But if I understand you correctly I am only entitled to comment
on shortcomings after I bought it? 

I don't get it. I could understand if your post otherwise would make sense. But it doesn't.

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #2,515 of 4,272
  I don't own it. Correct! But I auditioned it thoroughly as from the very 
beginning when this DAP was announced I was very interested.
So first day a demo unit was available I went down to the store for trying.

And as I stated before I love the sound!
Just the major flaws so far let me refrain from buying it so far.
As the grumpy Questyle representative earlier has stated they
claim to be working on fixes for these things. Which I am waiting for.

But if I understand you correctly I am only entitled to comment
on shortcomings after I bought it? 

I don't get it. I could understand if your post otherwise would make sense. But it doesn't.

Lets see here, you don't own the unit (QP1R), although you have spent time with it and claim that you are interested in buying one ,once the "Major Flaws" are fixed. I am using one unit for over a month now (FW1.02) I can say, an audiophile can certainly live with this player. Room for improvement will only be there in terms of S/W, this was made pretty clear by Gary couple of months back. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #2,516 of 4,272
  Lets see here, you don't own the unit (QP1R), although you have spent time with it and claim that you are interested in buying one ,once the "Major Flaws" are fixed. I am using one unit for over a month now (FW1.02) I can say, an audiophile can certainly live with this player. Room for improvement will only be there in terms of S/W, this was made pretty clear by Gary couple of months back. 

yes. so?

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #2,518 of 4,272
5,800 Song limit for library use
No sorting by album artist
No folder playthrough
Scrollwheel of limited functionality

I am aware that first two items are nearly on all Chinese DAPs as they all use the same source for their firmware. However, should take a programmer less than an hour to fix it.

Just give us Rockbox for the QP1R!

I never -repeat- never critized the sound quality. That's why it is sad for me that these issues so far make me hesitate to buy it as I absolutely love the sound signature. Because, and that obviously is irritating for many people here, when I spent that amount of money for a DAP I would like it to be functioning as it can be expected in 2015.

I just gave some constructive feedback on the UI for which I am slammed here and even get a snappy reply from maker's representative.

Nov 13, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #2,519 of 4,272
Wow what's happening on this thread? We all have our opinions guys. If they differ that's fine but let's all agree to disagree or at least respect one another.
Here's mine for what it's worth. Is my QP1R perfect? No it isn't perfect but you know what I'm perfectly happy with it and that's all that really matters in the end.
Well done Questyle keep up the great work

Nov 13, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #2,520 of 4,272
I am a owner and love my QPR1, and Questyle Q192 for that matter.  That said, there still is room for improvement on the QPR1 as they are fully aware of.  In my world three things would make it perfect, that being said get rid of the 5800 song limit, make the wheel responsive and somehow allow us to add complete albums to playlist with a single click.  Two, I understand are firmware issues. The song limit I've got to believe is very simple to recode.  Adding an album to a playlist is more involved given the current software but adding another option in the favorites, add to playlist menu I'm sure it could be possible.  The wheel problem is more of an issue.  I agree with many as it is used more and more it is easier, or at least one becomes more used to the nuances of using said wheel.  I am not sure if a firmware could solve or at least make the wheel more responsive or not but anything can help.  I for one would not have a problem sending back my unit for a fix if one becomes available and can only be fixed via hardware.  That's the value and worth I have in this unit.  Sound wise it is amazing.
I look forward to future improvements for those of us that have put out hard earned money for the first release of this wonderful product.  I have faith in Questyle and patience.  However it would be nice if the "Q" would give us a general update, maybe a very general time frame of what they are working on to improve and when they "hope" to have it available to us. 
I think Questyle is responsive and I truly get the feeling they want us to have the best possible product.  Thank You in advance for your continued work and I look forward to a finished product even better than the one we have in our hands. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back