Quality headphones with Good bass and mids and non peircing treble please?
Sep 9, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #16 of 76

Quote:
I'm surprised no one recommended the hd600/580. They get a lot of love....just do a forum search. IMO, they meet your requirements for good bass , mids, with somewhat relaxed treble(compared to k240DF). A bit less expensive than the hd650..

X2

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #17 of 76
Not necessarily true in my opinion. To me, headphones are meant to be LOUD and as long as you get the right one, they shouldn't be fatiguing despite this fact. Of course I don't claim to be speaking for the original poster here, but just speaking from my own experience.

Er, run that one by your audiologist or ENT and get back to us.

On the other hand, hearing aid technology has been getting much better lately.

OP, the Sennheiser HD-650 will fit you like a glove. Highly recommended from this small soapbox. I loved mine until I got a taste of the HD-800. Though I don't think you'd enjoy the highs of a HD-800. Go for the HD-650. Your NAD should handle it well.

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #18 of 76
I haven't tried putting my ear next to a speaker but (imo) desktop speakers are less fatiguing than headphones.

Nicholars have you tried modding or eqing any of the headphones you mentioned? Grados can sound very different with different ear pads. If you like modifying your headphones, the T50RP might be a good choice as well. http://www.head-fi.org/t/452404/just-listened-to-some-fostex-t50rps-today-wow

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #19 of 76
How did a D2000 manage to have piercing treble? They're a little on the dark side. I'm sitting here with someone else's recabled D2000's on right now and they're just dandy!

Any Ultrasone or Beyerdynamic outside of the DT880 should be fine them. Sennheiser HD600's still can come off as bright with some lower end solid state amps which are bright, the HD650 is another good one but it's kinda expensive, I don't know what your budget is.

I managed to get used to Grado treble for some reason even after initially hating them after I'd have to take them off after 30 minutes. I listen at very moderate volumes, maybe 30% tops on my gain knob with my ibasso, which should be like 50% of an ipod's volume. Try listening at lower volumes then gradually moving up in volume to see if that changes anything, I can't really get into someone's car while they're blasting music (I'm still young) so as a courtesy they know to gradually turn up the volume until we're getting weird looks on the street lol.

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #20 of 76
"Any Ultrasone or Beyerdynamic outside of the DT880 should be fine them."

What does that mean? Do you mean these will be worse for sharp treble then the D2000 or better?

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #21 of 76

Quote:
"Any Ultrasone or Beyerdynamic outside of the DT880 should be fine them."

What does that mean? Do you mean these will be worse for sharp treble then the D2000 or better?

No their treble tends to be a little laid back, the DT-990 is a meatier DT-880 without bright treble, and the DT-770 is for those **** bass junkies, most of the Ultrasones should sort you out, Amazon has an excellent return policy for this sort of thing where if you guess and you got it wrong, you can just exchange them for something else.

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #23 of 76
Try the Koss Pro DJ 100. Needs M50 pads and an amp to be at it's best
normal_smile%20.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #25 of 76
Sep 10, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #27 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you have an amp? If yes, HD650. If no, Ultrasone HFI 2400. Otherwise, break out the equalizer.

Hey Malveaux,

have you heard the HFI-2400? Can you give a really short comparison to the PRO 900? Is the bass just as precise, mids as recessed, etc.?

Sep 10, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #29 of 76
Heya,
Quote:
Hey Malveaux,

have you heard the HFI-2400? Can you give a really short comparison to the PRO 900? Is the bass just as precise, mids as recessed, etc.?

2400 is less bassy, due to being open-air and being a HFI and not a 900 PRO. But it's still pretty bassy. Mean while, as a compromise, the highs are rolled off even though they're still high, but they're subdued again due to being open-air. Sound stage is excellent. Mids are about the same. It's not that the mids are recessed on either headphone, they're actually not, they're just drowned out by the big mid-bass hump that both headphones have. The 2400 has a little less low end bass oumph compared to the PRO 900. But it's still a bassy can. At this price range, you could choose between the DT990 and the 2400 basically for a similar headphone.

Very best,

Sep 10, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #30 of 76
Thanks!

I still need an open headphone. Of course I can save for the T1, but I'd prefer something cheaper. If Beyerdynamic does not announce the T80 soon, I will definitely consider the HFI-2400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back