Pioneer SE-A1000 (Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?)
Jul 1, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #61 of 1,082
An open design is an odd choice for a DJ can, I would think, unless it's designed to let you hear what's actually happening on the floor. For HT it makes more sense, given that it's easier to achieve a wide soundstage with an open design.

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #62 of 1,082
Quote:
I'd like some credit. I've been hyping these headphones up for months. D:

Tis true, I even sold out and grabbed a pair.

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #65 of 1,082
Quote:
Okay, I was just reading that review I posted earlier. 20 feet of cable?! Is it really that long? What on earth would you need that much cable for? The only thing I can think of is that these were intended to be hooked up to a HT receiver on the other side of a large room.

If I do get them, I might think about sending them off to somebody on here to get them set up for a removable cable.

+
Quote:
I can do it.

It was originally used for HT/DJ. Remember, these were Pioneer's top-of-the-like DJ series headphones.

^ Is it too late for a re-cable request, looks like i just got one of these as well.
redface.gif

This is gonna be my 2nd experience with open cans, those cheapo Somic 436s was my 1st. Hope these best them Somics!!!
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #66 of 1,082
Quote:
Quote:
It's getting exciting around here eh? 
smile.gif

You started it!
wink.gif

Oh no, can't blame this on me...
tongue.gif

Quote:
LOL people are going to be flocking to your headphone booth at the LA meet :D

Then they're in for a treat, as I think I'll be driving them with a Woo WA7! 
eek.gif

Quote:
Okay, I was just reading that review I posted earlier. 20 feet of cable?! Is it really that long? What on earth would you need that much cable for? The only thing I can think of is that these were intended to be hooked up to a HT receiver on the other side of a large room.

That's EXACTLY what the long cable is for.  Remember, these were intended to be home listening cans (stereo, home theater, etc.).  To Pioneer's credit though, they include a nice and sturdy velcro tie to keep it all manageable.

Quote:
Pads are Velour.

Wait, wut?  Mine are some kind of mesh fabric...
confused.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #67 of 1,082
Yeah, my pads are a different kidn of mesh fabric, that can get really really sweaty. Sadly this heat in california isnt doing to well for that issue 
confused_face.gif

Jul 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #69 of 1,082
Velour is technically a fabric, but those pads are not velour pads.  They look more like a cotton mesh covering foam padding.

Ignore, me.  I'm blind.

Regardless, you guys have my curiosity, but I'm going to surf along for the ride.  The last cheap headphone I bought that was praised was the JVC HA-RX500, and I wasn't terribly disappointed in it at $38.  I might find an excuse to pick these up after I listen to everyone else's opinion.  I'm waiting for more HD 600/650 devotees to pick these up.

Jul 2, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #70 of 1,082
Something tells me that you guys won't be happy until I do an A/B between the SE-A1000 and HD 650...
smile.gif

Jul 2, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #71 of 1,082
Pez, these are on par with most headphones in the $200/$250 range. I know, because I've had the ability to A/B them to MOST things in that price range, and I prefer the sound of the Pioneers. Before this, I was quite sold on sticking with Grado SR325i, but nah.

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #72 of 1,082
PSYCHED to hear these at my house w/ warrenpchi this week!!
I know these cans well - love to check out stuff like this - the mods you guys do

Get some KILLER tunes cookin in the newly dubbed Sonic Satori Personal Audio Lab!!

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #74 of 1,082
Well I'm not big on jumping on hype trains but I'm going to try these out to see if they'll do fine as gaming headphones. My 702s are taking that role right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back