Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 24, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #1,546 of 37,715
I really want to pull the trigger on a NOS D25 but I'm worried I won't really be able to carry it on as a portable device. Can't really fit it in my pocket...

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #1,550 of 37,715
Quote:
If I told you I'd have to kill you :wink:

Hahahaha:)
dt880smile.png

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #1,552 of 37,715
You guys are seriously making me GAS for minidisc player. I had one way back in the day but it got stolen and went mp3s since then. I just caught myself browsing ebay for prices, and had to restrain myself.

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #1,555 of 37,715
Quote:
D-25 D-25 get your fresh piping hot D-25s here
L3000.gif

http://www.32ohmaudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=527

There were a number, well many, of the silver released. They were made after the black. They also tend to skip less, being less sensitive to vibration due to better suspension. The problem is, is that some of the lubricants are drying up and the unit will not work so you have to take it apart and lubricate the correct part, which isn't hard if you know what you are doing. Also there are some capacitors starting to go bad in the units. Yes they are nice and were excellent for their time and for some years after. But then who plays one cd at a time now and how many buy cd's since you can get hi rez downloads that never warp, scratch or get lost. :^)

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #1,556 of 37,715
Quote:
There were a number, well many, of the silver released. They were made after the black. They also tend to skip less, being less sensitive to vibration due to better suspension. The problem is, is that some of the lubricants are drying up and the unit will not work so you have to take it apart and lubricate the correct part, which isn't hard if you know what you are doing. Also there are some capacitors starting to go bad in the units. Yes they are nice and were excellent for their time and for some years after. But then who plays one cd at a time now and how many buy cd's since you can get hi rez downloads that never warp, scratch or get lost. :^)

the 3 hour battery life is the main problem for me:)

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #1,558 of 37,715
Quote:

are we really amping a TP. It sounds so good on its own and this surely is an inferior amp, in fact most i have tried are, it is also double amping as TP has now line out....

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #1,560 of 37,715
Quote:

I don't know much about the Tera Player and your mini-2-mini but I'm glad to see you have the Ortofon MHd-Q7! That's one of my new fav portable amps these days!! Beautiful 3D rendering with that amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back