PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jul 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #2,117 of 9,120
LOL!

I only bought Ridge Racer Unbounded because I always wanted to play it and it's only $5-$7 bucks.

But I believe I will probably end up with a few more games that I will probably NOT play until 2014... (still have my PS3 backlog and I have the PS4 pre-ordered.... )

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #2,118 of 9,120
Dammit steam... Making me buy like another cheap game to get a summer trading card... :rolleyes: surgeon simulator could be fun though...

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #2,120 of 9,120
Got Dishonored just to see what the fuss is about. Hope it's like Thief.

I waiting for Dishonored to come up as a daily deal or a flash sale.

I bought Bastion already. Now I waiting for daily deals on Deadpool and Metro Last Light.

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #2,121 of 9,120
I waiting for Dishonored to come up as a daily deal or a flash sale.

I bought Bastion already. Now I waiting for daily deals on Deadpool and Metro Last Light.
Metro Last Light was kinda on sale yesterday

I posted the deal into the anime thread......but yeah
http://kotaku.com/right-now-you-can-buy-metro-last-light-for-one-penny-750398956

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #2,122 of 9,120

Actual game footage? SQUEEEE!

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #2,124 of 9,120
Quote:
I'm sorry, The Witcher has always been better than Dragon Age.

The Witcher series easily has the worst combat I've played in a WRPG series, the first game in particular. The Witcher 3 certainly looks gorgeous, but I have absolutely no faith in them fixing the combat.

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #2,125 of 9,120
The Witcher series easily has the worst combat I've played in a WRPG series, the first game in particular. The Witcher 3 certainly looks gorgeous, but I have absolutely no faith in them fixing the combat.
Did you play Witcher 2?

I had no problems with the combat

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #2,126 of 9,120
Quote:
Did you play Witcher 2?

I had no problems with the combat

Some of it. I was only able to get a few hours in because of the incredibly dry writing, characters, and world. The combat was admittedly better than the first Witcher's, but was still nothing great.

Also, the menus were an ABSOLUTE nightmare. Not sure just what the hell they were thinking when they designed them, but apparently they felt the need to throw out 20 years worth of WRPG design in favor of something more nonsensical.

Jul 13, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #2,127 of 9,120
Quote:

Some of it. I was only able to get a few hours in because of the incredibly dry writing, characters, and world. The combat was admittedly better than the first Witcher's, but was still nothing great.

Also, the menus were an ABSOLUTE nightmare. Not sure just what the hell they were thinking when they designed them, but apparently they felt the need to throw out 20 years worth of WRPG design in favor of something more nonsensical.

Not to mention it seemed they tried to push the "mature" feeling by having the characters swear like a sailor every chance they get.  The combat is kind of a nightmare still; I managed to make it 8 hours in over the past few weeks and just gave up. Writing doesn't have to be explosive or exciting all the time, would it kill the writers to throw in SOME charm. The characters in the world just cannot deliver a line; I'm not sure if it's the voice actors or the actual writing but both just seem as dull and listless as a dead man's eyes. The menu's were pretty bad; and I have no idea why they made them so convoluted when it adds nothing to the game except some false depth? Maybe I'm over thinking the menu's thing but they were still pretty atrocious.

Jul 13, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #2,128 of 9,120
I really had no problems using it.

It realy dealt with me getting used to the menu, and once it did. I was perfectly fine. Making potions was hard at first but it got really easy after two hours or so.
-------------
Just played 3 hours of Metro Last Light after I finished 2033 yesterday

As of right now, I like Metro 2033's gameplay and levels better due to how open they were and how scavenging was really fun. The scavenging in Last Light feels a bit cheap, but that may just be me. Last Light also felt a bit too linear, but again, may be because I just finished the other.

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #2,129 of 9,120
I will be preordering Witcher 3 and waiting for DA:I to prove itself(no preorder for you EA, not after the schiit that was the ME3 ending).

Witcher one was harder than 2. Witcher 2 was like ezmode. Geralt does sound a bit monotone in his line delivery, but since I think the rest of the VA was good, I assume it's part of the character(I have yet to read the books).

The menu system is awkward for about 3 minutes. Ass Creed still stands out for me as having the worst user->game iteration of any game I've ever played.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back