PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jul 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #2,101 of 9,120
Quote:
Just an update on bitcoin/whatevercoin mining.

Well, I've made $1500 in profit since I started oh...was it four months ago now? As I've mentioned before, it's easy to withdraw funds, so no problems there.

Profitability has taken a nosedive recently, I don't think I'll be going on for much longer, I'm getting <$5 per day now.

Check your cost of electricity and what not.

Check up on the market. If it looks grim, cash your profits into 'real currency'.

It seems you actually got the money of buying the cards back? 
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #2,102 of 9,120
Originally Posted by bowei006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Check your cost of electricity and what not.

Check up on the market. If it looks grim, cash your profits into 'real currency'.

It seems you actually got the money of buying the cards back? 
wink.gif

I know I know, I have good mining discipline, I cash out regularly. ^^

Yeah, I'm pretty happy about that!, free GPU's, woohooooo!

The sad thing is, I don't really play games that much, so I can't put the rig to good use. =P

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #2,103 of 9,120
Quote:

I know I know, I have good mining discipline, I cash out regularly. ^^

Yeah, I'm pretty happy about that!, free GPU's, woohooooo!

The sad thing is, I don't really play games that much, so I can't put the rig to good use. =P

frown.gif
 Well that sux. If you ever don't need those GPU's and are getting new ones

Remember that you have a panda willing to recycle your old cards for you 
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #2,104 of 9,120
Originally Posted by bowei006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

frown.gif
 Well that sux. If you ever don't need those GPU's and are getting new ones

Remember that you have a panda willing to recycle your old cards for you 
biggrin.gif

I already have friends waiting in line unfortunately. XD

I'll most likely be skipping a generation or two (or three), so I won't be upgrading for a while.

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #2,105 of 9,120
Quote:

I already have friends waiting in line unfortunately. XD

I'll most likely be skipping a generation or two (or three), so I won't be upgrading for a while.

Panda recyling co is deeply saddened by this circumstances. 
THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Jul 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #2,106 of 9,120
If only I had the funds to buy GPUs to mine Bitcoins worth in the first place, it might be a worthy venture...

...but it was a waste of time on my 8800 GT, and I doubt this new-to-me GTX 480 will fare any better. ATI/AMD cards have such a ridiculous Bitcoin mining advantage that the overall difficulty of mining the things is probably biased in favor of people with quad-CrossFire 7970s, and people with much less than that shouldn't bother.

In other news, I made another impulse upgrade...in the form of a TM HOTAS Warthog, something I've been itching to get my hands on for years now, but certainly didn't want to pay full MSRP for. Now I've gotta sell some of my extra HOTAS equipment to cover the expense.

Jul 8, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #2,107 of 9,120
Quote:
If only I had the funds to buy GPUs to mine Bitcoins worth in the first place, it might be a worthy venture...

...but it was a waste of time on my 8800 GT, and I doubt this new-to-me GTX 480 will fare any better. ATI/AMD cards have such a ridiculous Bitcoin mining advantage that the overall difficulty of mining the things is probably biased in favor of people with quad-CrossFire 7970s, and people with much less than that shouldn't bother.

In other news, I made another impulse upgrade...in the form of a TM HOTAS Warthog, something I've been itching to get my hands on for years now, but certainly didn't want to pay full MSRP for. Now I've gotta sell some of my extra HOTAS equipment to cover the expense.

Just to let you know, bitcoin mining isn't worth it with regular consumer graphics cards. Even with my two 7970s I would be lucky to make 5 dollars a day. And that's not even considering the electricity cost.

Jul 9, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #2,108 of 9,120
 GPU mining is way outdated, I started mining with 2x 7970's back in March and I've yet to break even.  If you compare the cost of GPU's to the competition out there:

AMD 7970, which mines at 600mh/s for $350 =  1.9mh/s per dollar
USB Block Erupter, 330mh/s for $100 =  3.3 mh/s per dollar
BFL Jalapeno, 5000gh/s for $275 = 18mh/s per dollar

If you follow the mining community closely, apparently even ordering a Jalapeno today won't be profitable because by the time you receive it the difficulty of mining will have increased so much.
The mining difficulty, meaning how much profit you will make per your hashing power, is predicted to double by early August, so if you're making $5 per day now you'll be making $2.50 per day in a month.  By September you will be making closer to $1 per day, and this is BEFORE electricity costs.

I would just forget about bitcoin mining.  The only way you'd make money mining is if you bulk order the chips and assemble your own ASICs, and even then you'd just barely catch the tail end of the difficulty curve.  

Jul 11, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #2,109 of 9,120
Just wanted to mention to all you PC gamers that the Steam Summer Sale has begun!!!. This is a time where I end up buying way too many games, but the prices don't get much better. Especially from the community choice sales. 

Jul 11, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #2,110 of 9,120
Just wanted to mention to all you PC gamers that the Steam Summer Sale has begun!!!. This is a time where I end up buying way too many games, but the prices don't get much better. Especially from the community choice sales. 
Amazon, GMG, and all other game sellers for the PC in the last 40-60 days have had an amazing uber attack on Steam Summer Sales. With a never ending onslaught of deals and sales that they did, the SSS right now is looking pretty poor.

Bioshock Infinite, possible Dishonored Community Choice, and Counter Strike GO are really the only deals that haven't already had huge sales on them in the past.

$25 for Civ 5 Gold? Try $7.5 that Gamefly sold it to me for a month ago.

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #2,113 of 9,120
Well for those that don't, Debbie downer =p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back