PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
Jun 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #2,071 of 9,120
Quote:
Isn't BF III (only way to shortcut type it now) comming out soon? News of it comming out probably caused other people to get the feels as well.

EA showed a 30 second teaser for SWBF3 at E3. No release date as of yet. I'm guessing it wont be until at least next summer.

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #2,072 of 9,120
Quote:

EA showed a 30 second teaser for SWBF3 at E3. No release date as of yet. I'm guessing it wont be until at least next summer.

DICE has their hands REALLY full....like really full.

Three of the most anticipatged games are being developed by them. With two being developed at main HQ.

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #2,073 of 9,120
Quote:
DICE has their hands REALLY full....like really full.

Three of the most anticipatged games are being developed by them. With two being developed at main HQ.

And when those games are terrible because DICE had too much on their plate, I will blame EA for their continued stupidity. All they care care about is money and releasing quality games is no where to be found on their priorities list.

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #2,074 of 9,120
Quote:

And when those games are terrible because DICE had too much on their plate, I will blame EA for their continued stupidity. All they care care about is money and releasing quality games is no where to be found on their priorities list.

It's kinda weird though. They had years to release M.E 2 and ST BF III

I think that its releasing right now for a reason. To cash in on the buying spree of new consoles. But I think that more importantly, so that the games can 'really' be played. Not on the 360 or PS3 with crap hardware. But on something that can really do it justice for people. The Xbone and PS4. 

All 3 games are expected to use Frost Bite 3.0

Jun 24, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #2,075 of 9,120
Quote:
So I just installed my old copy of Star Wars Battlefront II and logged into my ancient multiplayer account and to my surprise their were actually people online and playing an eight year old game. I was also extremely excited to find that could still download and install my favorite mods that I used to play. Anyone else still have this game and willing to play on some mod maps with me? I hosted a server running mod maps but after an hour I was still all alone. I guess not many people still have mods installed for the game.

I can't say I'm surprised, because all sorts of classic FPSs that old and even older still have a thriving community.

People still play the classic Battlefield titles (BF1942, BF:Vietnam, BF2, BF2142), people still play the original 1999 Unreal Tournament, people still play Starsiege: Tribes, so on and so forth to this very day. It's actually not difficult to find several fully-populated servers, even the 64-slot ones.

Unfortunately, I don't have SW:BF2. Never did, though common impressions were that it was a great Star Wars take on the Battlefield formula. I'm guessing they all saw that Star Wars BF1942 mod and realized the market potential. (And now you're all telling me that there's a third one, and DICE of all developers is behind it...funny how things work out sometimes.)

Jun 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #2,076 of 9,120
Nvidia's newly released picture and post
http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/06/13/seven-reasons/

Is like Including Souls, Beats and etc headphones in audiophile survey's of whatever.

I wanted to see a source on that at first until I realized where the numbers came from

The PC Software reveneu section includes Facebook games like Farmville, training simulators, and any light game on the 'PC'.

The development section is easier to understand. I can definately see that there are 4X more PC games than console ones. There are a lot of indie devs of course. Most don't see the light of day

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #2,077 of 9,120

AMD just came out with this a few hours ago.

Word of warning. This is the marketing dept. I'm sure the engineering dept would have a few 'if's', 'butts', 'in what situations', and what not. But just enjoy this as something the marketing dept came up with.

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #2,078 of 9,120
Quote:

AMD just came out with this a few hours ago.

Word of warning. This is the marketing dept. I'm sure the engineering dept would have a few 'if's', 'butts', 'in what situations', and what not. But just enjoy this as something the marketing dept came up with.

I wouldn't mind seeing that in AMD advertisements 

Jun 24, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #2,080 of 9,120
hahaha awesome video, it's funny they use Farcry 3 as a game that "Plays best on AMD" considering how terrible of a port it is. 
I also can't wait to see what will happen to the whole Physx program once all the developers will be working with AMD powered consoles.

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #2,081 of 9,120
A lot of PC companies are right now quoting EA's ignite engine release incorrectly or just ignoring what they are saying.

First of all, he said the majority of PC's. And also included that he meant mainstream PC's.

World of Tanks. One of the most popular F2P games has stats on what the majority of PC's run in terms of hardware. They put it at the mass 80+% majority running that game on intergrated graphics etc etc.

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #2,082 of 9,120
Speaking of Ignite it looked awful on the E3 presentation. I wonder why they showed it particularly the facial animations was just horrendous?

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #2,084 of 9,120
I finally got that GTX 480 today...and it's just the kick in the pants my desktop needs! That 8800 GT needed a rest after five-and-a-half years.

It still can't really max out the new games (or Crysis) without taking too much of a framerate hit, but at least everything that used to run 1280x800 low details can now be safely raised to 1920x1200 medium-high details and still maintain a playable framerate. Enough to tide me over 'til the next big build, at least.

Jun 28, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #2,085 of 9,120
Quote:
I finally got that GTX 480 today...and it's just the kick in the pants my desktop needs! That 8800 GT needed a rest after five-and-a-half years.

It still can't really max out the new games (or Crysis) without taking too much of a framerate hit, but at least everything that used to run 1280x800 low details can now be safely raised to 1920x1200 medium-high details and still maintain a playable framerate. Enough to tide me over 'til the next big build, at least.

Why not just upgrade to a new card? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back