PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
May 7, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #1,727 of 9,120
The photos are from about a month+ ago. Quite old.
KK, I remember you uploading a while ago, but thought you had the TH900 by then.

May 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #1,728 of 9,120

New Game,

I was interested until I saw the end.

May 7, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #1,729 of 9,120
Quote:
LOL, that wasn't my PC. I don't have the patience to do cable routing in an microATX case. Those are pictures of the world most overspecced office rig, courtesy of a fellow Bit-Tech member.

Here are pics of my PC.

It's been a long time since I've had a CD/DVD drive in my PC. I usually use a USB one if I need to rip CDs or something.
FXAA blurs errryyything and still doesn't get rid of all the jaggies.
confused.gif

I can finally run Witcher 2 on ultra, but I only get 60+ fps if I run it at 1080p. It'll run at 60+fps at my native 1600p with ubersampling off.

Meh, I have 0 cable management lol.  Nice setup, is your dell IPS?  

If I didn't get my desk for free I'd have gotten one without the top organizers, the way you have everything setup looks very professional.

May 7, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #1,730 of 9,120
Quote:

My 6850 runs the latest titles on high presets with 60+ fps, no overclocking.  Heavy DX9 games are an exclusion which basically includes The Witcher 2, I haven't had any issues otherwise.

I run my games on 1920x1080, I would imagine the Titan to bode far greater performance.  Of course there are a few games which might kill the Titan on ultra 1440p with their artificial filters, think TW2's ubersampling for instance.

Passmark Scores:

Titan = 8401
6850 = 2223

Most of those filters that kill your GPU are due to highly inefficient coding, and honestly they were intended that way.  The tent AA they have been raving about over the past 6 months smooths out the jags on HD+ resolutions further but actually:

1 - Decreases overall picture quality as it causes textures to be blurry outside of the primary focus
2 - Highly inefficient

My 6850 is starting to show its age 
size]

Which is why I said on res. above 1080p. I understand most run at 1080, but with 4k coming soon, the new standard is coming. 

May 7, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #1,732 of 9,120
Quote:
Which is why I said on res. above 1080p. I understand most run at 1080, but with 4k coming soon, the new standard is coming. 

No sense in buying for 4k yet.  Games will continue to be designed for 1080p for a long while.  You can run 4k resolutions but at the cost of filtering, which imo kills the quality of textures.

The 7950 has been $220 after rebate, I think in the next couple of years or so I'll invest in a new system. 
wink_face.gif

May 7, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #1,733 of 9,120
Well I finished Dead Space 3 on normal with 90% completion so, if i ever see another Dead Space it wont be too soon...
The first one was great like all new unique games, the second was cool but this one got real long in the tooth...
The flying was ok till you ran into the same debris 3 times...
rolleyes.gif

Now onto FarCry 3 to see how that is, I didn't like or finish 2 so back on an island again might be ok.
beerchug.gif

May 7, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #1,734 of 9,120
Quote:
Well I finished Dead Space 3 on normal with 90% completion so, if i ever see another Dead Space it wont be too soon...
The first one was great like all new unique games, the second was cool but this one got real long in the tooth...
The flying was ok till you ran into the same debris 3 times...
rolleyes.gif

Now onto FarCry 3 to see how that is, I didn't like or finish 2 so back on an island again might be ok.
beerchug.gif

Disliked 2.

Liked 3

Bascially, all 3 Far Cry's considered.

They are all DIFFERENT games. 

May 8, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #1,735 of 9,120
Quote:
New Game,

I was interested until I saw the end.

I'm waiting until I have some spare time after exams, then I'm going to try that new RPG, Mars: War Logs.
Quote:
Meh, I have 0 cable management lol.  Nice setup, is your dell IPS?  

If I didn't get my desk for free I'd have gotten one without the top organizers, the way you have everything setup looks very professional.

I'm a bit of a cable management Nazi. The monitor is a Dell U3011.

Quote:

Textures are the hurdle. Game studios will be hard pressed to put out 4K compatible textures, even on the next gen consoles. Especially when many current gen games barely make it to 1024x1024 res textures. I expect Elder Scrolls V to be one of the first with full or nearly full 4K texture support, mostly because of it's modding scene.

May 8, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #1,736 of 9,120
Quote:
I'm waiting until I have some spare time after exams, then I'm going to try that new RPG, Mars: War Logs.

Textures are the hurdle. Game studios will be hard pressed to put out 4K compatible textures, even on the next gen consoles. Especially when many current gen games barely make it to 1024x1024 res textures. I expect Elder Scrolls V to be one of the first with full or nearly full 4K texture support, mostly because of it's modding scene.

There is currently no profitable way to produce 4k textures afaik.  It is going to take developers quite a bit of time to rework their engines and at a whole lot of manpower to make this a reality.

I don't think the modding scene has the ability to add 4k textures:

1 - Way too much work needed
2 - Potential limitations of the engine

May 8, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #1,737 of 9,120

I wouldnt say its really that much harder to make.
There is currently no profitable way to produce 4k textures afaik.  It is going to take developers quite a bit of time to rework their engines and at a whole lot of manpower to make this a reality.

U4 and F2, C3 are touted as next gen engines. I doubt those three dont support 4K. And many more are comming out. I thought that right now its really going to be as hard a transition.

But none the less still one tht is a problem

May 8, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #1,738 of 9,120
Quote:
I wouldnt say its really that much harder to make.
U4 and F2, C3 are touted as next gen engines. I doubt those three don't support 4K. And many more are coming out. I thought that right now its really going to be as hard a transition.

But none the less still one that is a problem

With current consoles it's a memory limitation. even with the best streaming code, a bunch of 4K textures is going to fill the VRAM quickly. Many current engines support 4K textures.
Quote:

Skyrim has lots of 4K texture mods already, Crysis 1,2 and 3 have 4K mods. Mass Effect 2+3 also have 4K texture mods(I play with exclusively 4K character textures and 2K environments. It has more to do with getting the content out onto a console in a decently sized download as well as creating the textures at that resolution without a large hike in production cost than engine limitations, unless we're going back to the days of 5 disc games?

You have to remember, a 4096 x 4096 px texture is 16x more area than the current high 1024 standard. It's a lot more work to create and a much larger file.

May 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #1,739 of 9,120
Quote:
With current consoles it's a memory limitation. even with the best streaming code, a bunch of 4K textures is going to fill the VRAM quickly. Many current engines support 4K textures.
Skyrim has lots of 4K texture mods already, Crysis 1,2 and 3 have 4K mods. Mass Effect 2+3 also have 4K texture mods(I play with exclusively 4K character textures and 2K environments. It has more to do with getting the content out onto a console in a decently sized download as well as creating the textures at that resolution without a large hike in production cost than engine limitations, unless we're going back to the days of 5 disc games?

You have to remember, a 4096 x 4096 px texture is 16x more area than the current high 1024 standard. It's a lot more work to create and a much larger file.

It is not that an engine cannot incorporate a 4K texture, it is more about how to implement dynamic resource loading when loading several hundred.  I've seen many older games implement this, however with traditional HDD's this will be very tricky to perform on with 4K.

When I say Quote:
I don't think the modding scene has the ability to add 4k textures

I am referring to quality 4K textures.  The limitations from game engines won't really apply if you haven't replaced the entire texture set, or touched the tesellation map for that matter.  HIgh res generated textures with half baked mapping is not the 4K I would want to invest in 
size]

There is only a half baked standard for 4K monitors, that's a tell sign that we are still in infancy.

I wouldn't want to hire 30 more people for the sake of <0.01% of gamers with 4K monitors lol.

I don't want to get deep into technicality, we still have quite some time to go 
size]

But for now, if you want to go ahead and make 4k textures with texture maker be my guest XD

May 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #1,740 of 9,120
Quote:
It is not that an engine cannot incorporate a 4K texture, it is more about how to implement dynamic resource loading when loading several hundred.  I've seen many older games implement this, however with traditional HDD's this will be very tricky to perform on with 4K.

I am referring to quality 4K textures.  The limitations from game engines won't really apply if you haven't replaced the entire texture set, or touched the tesellation map for that matter.  HIgh res generated textures with half baked mapping is not the 4K I would want to invest in 
size]

Pssh. Who uses that slow ass things anymore?

Don't think Skyrim, ME2+3 have tessellation. Most good texture modders will replace the entire texture set, basically anything they can edit. A rabid fanbase is not to be underestimated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back