PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
May 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #1,756 of 9,120
Quote:

All brands who market/sell IPS monitors use LG panels. 
size]

similarly....

All brands who market/sell PLS monitors use Samsung panels.

And personally, I've always found the anti glare coating on Dell's to be way too much, lending the overall image (especially white areas) a near "speckled" quality. They are good monitors, though ...

My Samsung PLS 1440p monitor has a semi glossy coating that's far superior to my eye and for my personal preferences; it still reflects a bit but the reflections are hugely muted while leaving the whites (and otherwise) unaffected by the coating. The Asus PLS screen uses the same coating as the Samsung, I believe.

Yeah, but the DELL is super good if you're dealing more with text. Samsung PLS, while pretty impressive, is also expensive....so I went for the DELL (LG IPS).

May 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #1,758 of 9,120
Quote:
No sense in buying for 4k yet.  Games will continue to be designed for 1080p for a long while.  You can run 4k resolutions but at the cost of filtering, which imo kills the quality of textures.

The 7950 has been $220 after rebate, I think in the next couple of years or so I'll invest in a new system. 
wink_face.gif

Point taken. In the end I think the 4k would be the most useful for my graphic and animation work anyway. Well guess I will keep my 1080p for a while longer ^_^

May 11, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #1,759 of 9,120
Quote:
keep my 1080p for a while longer ^_^

So...a month tops?

Also, info dump on the Radeon HD9970.
http://uk.hardware.info/news/34922/specifications-amd-radeon-hd9970-leaked

nformation has leaked on AMD's upcoming series of graphics cards. This includes specifications of the Volcanic Islands top model. If we are to believe Softpedia and the leaked roadmaps, the HD 9000-series won't be launched until the end of this year.

The info reveals that the Volcanic Islands cards will be based on 20 nm technology and use Gate-Last transistors. The Radeon HD9970 GPU is expected to have 4096 stream processors, four geometry engines, 16 serial processor units, 256 Texture Mapping Units (TMU) and 64 Render Output Units (ROP). A 512-bits memory interface is mentioned, as well as GDDR5 memory.

Although it's not certain, the roadmaps suggest that the HD 8000 series of desktop graphics cards will be skipped. These cards will be available for mobile devices though.

font]

May 12, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #1,761 of 9,120
I want to cry

'So is my Logitech G110 Membrane keyboard not a mechanical keyboard?'

'Ok so then the G710+ Mechanical Keyboard is not a mechanical keyboard?
Wut. Speak of the devil, I've been getting more into mechs, and just bought a modded QFR with greens, clears for the arrow keys, Dark Gray for the escape, and a custom PCB as well as dimmer, green LEDs. :D

May 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #1,762 of 9,120
THANK YOU BOWEI 

OK guys I need a SUPER crash Course in PC parts and abbreviations. I'm going for a Geek Squad interview and well... I'm not a pc idiot but I don't know my terms as I should. Yes I have 4 years of PC n Virus repair... but it was in a little home town shop. We did good wrk but we didn't speak to much technical geek [ our customers liked that, and we got into the habbit of using simple'r speech]

NON the less, any one have a good guide to refresh me on the techinical names for Mobo ports, slots, other terms like South Bridge n North Bridge [what are those again] just name as much as ya can! Enthusist is going PRO so I need to learn as much as possible in 3 days! :D I'm kind of excicted though, I start my PC classes int he fall, just need to score this Job. 

Still Any and ALL links appreciated! I need as much general info as possible lol [I got no school no job so I got time to soak in all YOUR KNOWLEDGE] 

May 12, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #1,763 of 9,120
THANK YOU BOWEI 

OK guys I need a SUPER crash Course in PC parts and abbreviations. I'm going for a Geek Squad interview and well... I'm not a pc idiot but I don't know my terms as I should. Yes I have 4 years of PC n Virus repair... but it was in a little home town shop. We did good wrk but we didn't speak to much technical geek [ our customers liked that, and we got into the habbit of using simple'r speech]

NON the less, any one have a good guide to refresh me on the techinical names for Mobo ports, slots, other terms like South Bridge n North Bridge [what are those again] just name as much as ya can! Enthusist is going PRO so I need to learn as much as possible in 3 days! :D I'm kind of excicted though, I start my PC classes int he fall, just need to score this Job. 

Still Any and ALL links appreciated! I need as much general info as possible lol [I got no school no job so I got time to soak in all YOUR KNOWLEDGE] 
Why the thank you to me? What happened/ did i do?

Ocn has guides for these i think

May 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #1,764 of 9,120
My mom gets pissed because every time I go to a Best Buy and chat with a dude who knows his headphones/tech I end up talking for like an hour and get job offerings, but I have to tell them I'm only 14... :p

May 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #1,766 of 9,120
Quote:
No such luck here. Not enough such placements to go around.

ew why would you want to work at best buy? I mean at least where I live you would only encounter a bunch of oblivious soccer moms and swagfag teens looking for ipads/beats.  Same with Geek squad you should be able to get hired and know absolutely nothing (at least that's how they are in Oregon)  If I wanted to work at a electronics store I would try for a PC/Headphone shop not a walmart of electronics.  But a job is a job and good luck with the interview.

May 12, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #1,767 of 9,120
Quote:
ew why would you want to work at best buy? I mean at least where I live you would only encounter a bunch of oblivious soccer moms and swagfag teens looking for ipads/beats.  Same with Geek squad you should be able to get hired and know absolutely nothing (at least that's how they are in Oregon)  If I wanted to work at a electronics store I would try for a PC/Headphone shop not a walmart of electronics.  But a job is a job and good luck with the interview.

We don't have anything like best buy. I was referring to places like PC World, etc. Not great or anything, but decent money for trivial work. No such thing as a headphone store here, too boutique. Speakers or get out is prevalent.

May 12, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #1,768 of 9,120
Quote:
Why the thank you to me? What happened/ did i do?

Ocn has guides for these i think

U started the thread, and helped me build my rig and where are these guides on OCN. I posted a thread there as well... atm I'm reading a lot of wiki pages [and there subsequant cited links] 

May 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #1,769 of 9,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm going for a Geek Squad interview and well...

Oh my god... Why would you do such a thing???

beerchug.gif

May 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #1,770 of 9,120
Quote:
Oh my god... Why would you do such a thing???

beerchug.gif

Why xD the pay. I got bills who cares who I work for. I can always learn and it looks good on a resume... but YEA go GEEK Squad... no honestly I met some of the geeks... out of the 6 I talked to ONE was an actual Geek... and he was hard core. So I should b ok

anyways I am learning ALOT. I leanred what bus is :O learned about FSB or bus speed, I also learned tht my i5 3550 runs a rather low Bus speed and a high multiplier... would it be possible to increase the bus speed? 
Even under 50% load the buss speed remained around 100 mhz with my multiplier around 37, I read that lower fsb means less voltage which is a good thing, but still isn't less fsb mean less bandwith? Either way I might end up buying a after market air cooler and some fans and seeing if I can increase that front bus speed any... while maybing using a lower multipler... either way I'd like to over lock my i5 3550 just to see if I can! [good knowledge ya know] 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back