PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking)
May 6, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #1,711 of 9,120
Yup. If I want it bad enough it won't matter, if the price is right.

Been a member of cheapassgamers.com for a long time. Flipping got me my ps3 and DS for free back when I had spare time.

What?! How?
Anyone here proud owners of gtx titan, is it worth the money you spent?

I'm glad my 2 favorite games counter strike global offense ad dota 2 don't require high end gpu, gtx 660 does it just fine :)

Tangy bought one. But returned it/cancelled pre order

Are you being serious? If yes this is just plain crazy, they are coming out way too quickly. Plus titan brings so much power, its overkill, I wonder titan 2 would be able to do run 10 monitors at once with crysis maxed out lol

Its not actully that much power. Comparatively for the price when compared to a $200 card.

Origin and EA are awful.  I purchased a package for a friend on BF3, never got the upgrade but they still charged $$$.  Argue with support about the issue, apparently they have no control of the matter and have no obligation to process a refund.

Yep. Problems do arise. I had many too.

But hey, i cant argue with $10 BF3 half a year ago, $1 Crysis, free Battlefield 1942, $4 Mass effect 2, and the open beta oppurtunities

May 6, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #1,713 of 9,120
To answer the how question, it's called flipping. You would basically use game vendors that sell used games and offer promotions/coupons to work against each other for your benefit. Gamestop and blockbuster (before they started going under).

Buy games at one with coupon discount and then sell it to the other. Then buy from them with coupon and flip it back. There are people that keep up lists of trade in values, etc.

I haven't done it for a while. You could always tell when a flipper lived near by because in the used games section there would be like 20 copies of the same game with good trade in value.

May 6, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #1,714 of 9,120
Quote:
But hey, i cant argue with $10 BF3 half a year ago, $1 Crysis, free Battlefield 1942, $4 Mass effect 2, and the open beta oppurtunities

Kinda adds up though. I felt really guilty after the 2012 autumn sale and fairly guilty after the xmas sale.

Also, just incase people never saw it, here's what Bioshock looks like ported to Cryengine3.

May 6, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #1,717 of 9,120
Nvidia is extending the life of their current line with the Titan IMO until they see what amd comes out with. 

As for the Titan being overkill I would not agree. A single Titan would struggle to run many games at their max settings on anything above 1080p. They should really be making much more powerful cards for their cost so they dont force power users to purchase two cards just to get the performance they need. 

May 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #1,718 of 9,120
Quote:
Nvidia is extending the life of their current line with the Titan IMO until they see what amd comes out with. 

As for the Titan being overkill I would not agree. A single Titan would struggle to run many games at their max settings on anything above 1080p. They should really be making much more powerful cards for their cost so they dont force power users to purchase two cards just to get the performance they need. 

My 6850 runs the latest titles on high presets with 60+ fps, no overclocking.  Heavy DX9 games are an exclusion which basically includes The Witcher 2, I haven't had any issues otherwise.

I run my games on 1920x1080, I would imagine the Titan to bode far greater performance.  Of course there are a few games which might kill the Titan on ultra 1440p with their artificial filters, think TW2's ubersampling for instance.

Passmark Scores:

Titan = 8401
6850 = 2223

Most of those filters that kill your GPU are due to highly inefficient coding, and honestly they were intended that way.  The tent AA they have been raving about over the past 6 months smooths out the jags on HD+ resolutions further but actually:

1 - Decreases overall picture quality as it causes textures to be blurry outside of the primary focus
2 - Highly inefficient

My 6850 is starting to show its age 
size]

May 7, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #1,719 of 9,120
Quote:

My 6850 runs the latest titles on high presets with 60+ fps, no overclocking.  Heavy DX9 games are an exclusion which basically includes The Witcher 2, I haven't had any issues otherwise.

I run my games on 1920x1080, I would imagine the Titan to bode far greater performance.  Of course there are a few games which might kill the Titan on ultra 1440p with their artificial filters, think TW2's ubersampling for instance.

Passmark Scores:

Titan = 8401
6850 = 2223

Most of those filters that kill your GPU are due to highly inefficient coding, and honestly they were intended that way.  The tent AA they have been raving about over the past 6 months smooths out the jags on HD+ resolutions further but actually:

1 - Decreases overall picture quality as it causes textures to be blurry outside of the primary focus
2 - Highly inefficient

My 6850 is starting to show its age 
size]

What latest titles are you talking about? Also what AA/AF settings are you using? I think you are probably right with 80% of the games on the market(the less than graphically stellar console ports).

May 7, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #1,720 of 9,120
Quote:
What latest titles are you talking about? Also what AA/AF settings are you using? I think you are probably right with 80% of the games on the market(the less than graphically stellar console ports).

As of right now DotA 2, League of Legends, Battlefield 3, and Bioshock Infinite.  My card was meant to play DX11 content, when running heavy DX9 games (many console ports) it can perform bad.  The Witcher 2 can be ran on High (Medium AA/AF) with 55 FPS on 1080p.

SMAA where possible, otherwise 8xMSAA/2-4x FXAA.  Anything higher blurs textures, which imo sucks.

I hope you guys aren't using your titans with a uATX Mobo

May 7, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #1,721 of 9,120
Quote:
As of right now DotA 2, League of Legends, Battlefield 3, and Bioshock Infinite.  My card was meant to play DX11 content, when running heavy DX9 games (many console ports) it can perform bad.  The Witcher 2 can be ran on High (Medium AA/AF) with 55 FPS on 1080p.

SMAA where possible, otherwise 8xMSAA/2-4x FXAA.  Anything higher blurs textures, which imo sucks.

I hope you guys aren't using your titans with a uATX Mobo

I don't like FXAA much. It's just not a nice looking as traditional AA + transparency AA. If it's possible, SSAA ftw.

Like this?

Or maybe it's better with a watercooled titan?

very_evil_smiley.gif

May 7, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #1,723 of 9,120
Quote:
I don't like FXAA much. It's just not a nice looking as traditional AA + transparency AA. If it's possible, SSAA ftw.

Like this?

Or maybe it's better with a watercooled titan?

very_evil_smiley.gif

Nice!

Photos are outdated, since then I've organized my things quite a bit :D
Also, I don't normally use the Front Jack so please do not start lecturing me lol

The case looks a lot nicer after I cleaned up the mesh, nowhere near your Silverstone though

If you look in the picture carefully I am indeed a gunnar fag, don't hate 
size]

Mouse:  Sidewinder X5
Keyboard:  Sidewinder X4

The CD/DVD drive burns XGD3, doesn't quite fit the color but saves me $$$.
I have a case modded Xbox next to my tower atm, that is why you see the HDMI cord sticking out.
Quote:
Im fine with fxaa or msaa as they should generally be easier to "run" and use than traditional anti aliasing.

The Witcher 2 lags me as well.

I got witcher 1 the other day.... HUGE difference from 2. 2 is much better in everything

Yeah, actually they are both on sale for $9 digital download at gamefly.  The first one was amazing, I could not get into the second one yet because of the micro stutter.  I'm sure 2.2 has performance improvements as even Nvidia users were having difficulties at the time.

May 7, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #1,724 of 9,120
Quote:

Nice!

Photos are outdated, since then I've organized my things quite a bit :D
Also, I don't normally use the Front Jack so please do not start lecturing me lol

The case looks a lot nicer after I cleaned up the mesh, nowhere near your Silverstone though

If you look in the picture carefully I am indeed a gunnar fag, don't hate 
size]

Mouse:  Sidewinder X5
Keyboard:  Sidewinder X4

The CD/DVD drive burns XGD3, doesn't quite fit the color but saves me $$$.
I have a case modded Xbox next to my tower atm, that is why you see the HDMI cord sticking out.
Yeah, actually they are both on sale for $9 digital download at gamefly.  The first one was amazing, I could not get into the second one yet because of the micro stutter.  I'm sure 2.2 has performance improvements as even Nvidia users were having difficulties at the time.

LOL, that wasn't my PC. I don't have the patience to do cable routing in an microATX case. Those are pictures of the world most overspecced office rig, courtesy of a fellow Bit-Tech member.

Here are pics of my PC.

It's been a long time since I've had a CD/DVD drive in my PC. I usually use a USB one if I need to rip CDs or something.
Quote:
Im fine with fxaa or msaa as they should generally be easier to "run" and use than traditional anti aliasing.

The Witcher 2 lags me as well.

I got witcher 1 the other day.... HUGE difference from 2. 2 is much better in everything

FXAA blurs errryyything and still doesn't get rid of all the jaggies.
confused.gif

I can finally run Witcher 2 on ultra, but I only get 60+ fps if I run it at 1080p. It'll run at 60+fps at my native 1600p with ubersampling off.

May 7, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #1,725 of 9,120
No pics of your TH900 in the PC pic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back