Official X3 2nd gen stable firmware download / discussion thread--FW2.0: Added library search function, Line Output level options, Recently Played playlist, ReplayGain
Sep 17, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #47 of 171
Extracting is fine but I thought all ISO can be played Hence trying to see what could be the issue

Thx

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #48 of 171
  I'll have to search for a microSD card which I can format with FAT32 for the update - but I'm very excited about #1 and #10. Those have been bugging me for a while now :)

Just format it in the X3ii itself using the foramtting-tool in the options menu.  It will format ANY Micro SD into Fat32, and any modern micro-sd will prove compatible as such.

Sep 18, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #49 of 171
Hi
I downloaded the new FW 1.3 this week and was happy - til today. 
My old problem occurred again this afternoon. When I play some songs (happens here and there), the playback stops. If I check the display, I see that the time indicator moves very fast from left to right. If I hit then the BACK button, the playback starts again. But only for a few seconds, then the time indicator moves again to the right and the song is no longer playing. With every button push (not important which one) the song plays/stops.

I'm using the same SD card with the same songs like I was using when I had the X3 first gen. So I don't assume to be related to the SD card or my songs.
It occurred with FW 1.0 and 1.1 as well.

I'm happy for any help or a post of a fellow sufferer :wink:

snusnu

P.S. Let the volume buttons be volume buttons...

Sep 18, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #50 of 171
Would you be prepared to send me one of the problem tracks so I can test on my X3ii? If you are ok with that - send me PM and I will give you my email. At least that way I can check and make sure it's not the file (corruption)

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #51 of 171
  Hi
I downloaded the new FW 1.3 this week and was happy - til today. 
My old problem occurred again this afternoon. When I play some songs (happens here and there), the playback stops. If I check the display, I see that the time indicator moves very fast from left to right. If I hit then the BACK button, the playback starts again. But only for a few seconds, then the time indicator moves again to the right and the song is no longer playing. With every button push (not important which one) the song plays/stops.

I'm using the same SD card with the same songs like I was using when I had the X3 first gen. So I don't assume to be related to the SD card or my songs.
It occurred with FW 1.0 and 1.1 as well.

I'm happy for any help or a post of a fellow sufferer :wink:

snusnu

P.S. Let the volume buttons be volume buttons...

You can scan any files with this utility FiiO sent me: Link is at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2uplj3ltwrf4yj/SAMediaScanner.zip?dl=0

It will detect if the files have issues. 

Sep 20, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #52 of 171
@Brooko: Of course, but I'm just not sure which one was affected, because I listened to many songs on that day.
But in general it is not deterministic. It happens to many songs randomly. And also to many songs I didn't update since I was using the card with the X3 1st gen. I assume that it'S related to 2nd gen FW...

@ngs428: I will check it tomorrow in the office since I don't have a Windows PC at home :wink:
But maybe that may be related...!? Mac OS always stores invisible folders with meta data in each folder. I will check if a cleanup of those may help.

Thanks
snusnu

Sep 20, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #53 of 171
If you can find a file that is causing issues - please feel free to PM me at any stage, and I'd only be too happy to have a look at it.

Paul

Sep 21, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #54 of 171
Hi again
I checked my files this morning using the Smart Audio Scanner. Nearly half of the files make problems. And if I can trust my eyes, they are all named "._" or similar. Those are the Mac OSX system files.
http://pixelchimp.net/blog/pixel-chimp/clean-invisible-mac-files

Maybe those are related to the problem.

Sep 21, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #55 of 171
MacPilot can remove these files. After transferring music, have MacPilot delete hidden Mac files on the SD card. That will fix any issues they cause.

Sep 21, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #56 of 171
Yes, I found some commands and tools.
But I'm still wondering why this happens now. With the X3 1st gen I didn't have those problems. And I used the same SD card, the same MacBook and roughly 90 % of the same songs I have today.
It would be nice if the new fw supports Mac files as well...

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #57 of 171
New to the X3, got converted from iOS....anywho....Im trying to get the X3 to be recognized in Win7 and when in storage mode it is being seen. But when I switch to DAC it is not being recognized due to driver. I run the setup.exe from the Fiio_USB_Driver download and it says to unplug and plug the device into the computer as it is not seeing the device. I try to force the driver by installing in the Device Manager but the driver Win7 is not liking the drivers in the folder. Any suggestions? From there I will attempt to upgrade my new X3ii to FW_1.3.

Edit: Updated the FW to 1.3 and I am still having issues with the USB Audio Driver for the Fiio V2.23.0 setup wizard. I am assuming that this is so that I can use this as a DAC on my computer?

Sep 23, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #58 of 171
New to the X3, got converted from iOS....anywho....Im trying to get the X3 to be recognized in Win7 and when in storage mode it is being seen. But when I switch to DAC it is not being recognized due to driver. I run the setup.exe from the Fiio_USB_Driver download and it says to unplug and plug the device into the computer as it is not seeing the device. I try to force the driver by installing in the Device Manager but the driver Win7 is not liking the drivers in the folder. Any suggestions? From there I will attempt to upgrade my new X3ii to FW_1.3.

Edit: Updated the FW to 1.3 and I am still having issues with the USB Audio Driver for the Fiio V2.23.0 setup wizard. I am assuming that this is so that I can use this as a DAC on my computer?

It's suggested to firstly set the USB mode to DAC, then connect the X3 to the computer, after that double click to run the setup.exe.
If the driver is not successfully installed by appears in the program list, you should have it uninstalled before installing again.

Sep 24, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #59 of 171
Is this the driver you downloaded?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kx0v8l0hnhn8ma4/USB%20DAC%20driver%20%28compatible%20with%20all%20X%20players%29.zip?dl=0

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back