Official X3 2nd gen stable firmware download / discussion thread--FW2.0: Added library search function, Line Output level options, Recently Played playlist, ReplayGain
Sep 8, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #16 of 171

Oh my gosh, THANK YOU SO MUCH for fixing numbers 9 and 10, those were a big issue for me!

Just to clarify, what exactly are the "certain situations" mentioned in number 9?

Still wondering about this, Joe!

Let's see... *ahem* "While USB mode was set to DAC and idle standby was set to 1 min, the player would start playing songs without sound after entering standby and waking back up?" :blink:

Something like that :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 8, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #17 of 171
Let's see... *ahem* "While USB mode was set to DAC and idle standby was set to 1 min, the player would start playing songs without sound after entering standby and waking back up?"
blink.gif

Something like that
tongue.gif

YES, I thought maybe that was the issue being referred to!  Thanks for fixing it guys :)

Sep 8, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #18 of 171
Problem remains on the new FW and it may even be worse now. Is there any chance this is a hardware malfunction?

Sep 8, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #19 of 171
Problem remains on the new FW and it may even be worse now. Is there any chance this is a hardware malfunction?

Hello there,
Have you tried copying rhe songs off the card and reformatting it using the X3? Also, could card brand and speed be an issue? Was this not a problem until recently?

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 8, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #22 of 171
cool. and just to be clear, we are talking about using the 200gb card in the internal sd slot and not via usb otg via an adapter, right?

when I hear 'browse mode' I think usb otg, but maybe I'm out of date.

yes, right now, amazon has the 200gb card for $150.  very very tempting! :wink:  was $200 just recently.

Sep 8, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #23 of 171
Hello there,
Have you tried copying rhe songs off the card and reformatting it using the X3? Also, could card brand and speed be an issue? Was this not a problem until recently?

Best regards,
Joe

I have a completely different SD card and I have the same problems with it.

My primary SD is a Lexar High-Performance MicroSDXC 633x 128GB  So I doubt speed or brand are the issue as this is considered a high quality SD card.  I already reformatted this card once using the X3K and as I mentioned the problem remains on my other SanDisk 64GB.

One thing I noticed today while studying is that 24/96 files have less frequent jitter than 24/192 or DSD.  It is always a split second of jitter, I would say less than 1-2 seconds, but with certain files (such as DSD) one song may do this 4-5 times or even more during a 5 min song.

Sep 9, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #26 of 171
cool. and just to be clear, we are talking about using the 200gb card in the internal sd slot and not via usb otg via an adapter, right?

when I hear 'browse mode' I think usb otg, but maybe I'm out of date.

yes, right now, amazon has the 200gb card for $150.  very very tempting! :wink:  was $200 just recently.
Internal SD slot, correct.

Sep 9, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #28 of 171
  Did FiiO include some tuning improvements to the X3 2nd Gen DAC with FW 1.3 or is it advisable to just purchase an X5 2nd gen and get better sound?

I owned the X5 2nd gen for about a week and returned it as it was sluggish and i found its sound inferior to my brother-in-law's X3 2nd gen. If you dont need the 2 card slots, I would opt for the X3 again in a heartbeat. You get a lighter and more compact device too. That is my take anyway :wink:

Sep 9, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #29 of 171
Hi, 

Just like in the last beta firmware, I am missing titles in many of my albums.  The files are present in file view, but when I browse by album, they aren't there.  I only have 498 FLAC files on my 64 GB card right now.  Is there a specific naming scheme that is incompatible?  I didn't have this problem with the original firmware at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back